Start by marking “Sex and the Single Vamp” as Want to Read:
Sex and the Single Vamp

Sex and the Single Vamp

Cici Trent, vampire and media darling, spends her days finding true love for humans and supernaturals (the "Others") at her dating agency. But someone is trying to sabotage her business and she needs help. Unfortunately, the best man for the job is the one who broke her still-beating heart two hundred fifty-four years ago.

Deacon is a patient vampire. He’s only loved one wo
Published March 24th 2014 by Entangled: Covet

To ask other readers questions about Sex and the Single Vamp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex and the Single Vamp

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Sexy Vamp Stars

You. Wet and willing. In my bed.
Anything less than that and I will go mad. You get me?"
She nodded. "Yes. I get you."

Well, well, well, Miss Covington, looks like you got yourself a hot little PNR book here.

Whenever an author whose books I've loved comes out with a different genre, I'm always a little hesitant to pick it up. It doesn't always transition well and there's not many authors I can name that have successfully done so. But when Robin offered me an ARC of this book,
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4.5--Vampire-licious--Stars!!

I don't read a ton of paranormal...mostly I think because they are a series with tons of books. I loved that this was a standalone. And well....just look at that cover.

Deacon and Cici first met in the 1700s when Cici was a human and Deacon was a vamp. They fell in love only to be torn apart and left heartbroken.

Centuries later Cici finds her business in trouble and her clients being murdered and she's the prime suspect. She turns to Deacon for help. Deacon agrees, bu
Len
This is my first time read from the author, and surely will not be last. The story was good that got my attention. Though I admit, the first 25% of book, I was bored. But as I turn pages, it I can't put it down. The story has element of what I like in my vampire book. I love Deacon and Cici. Both characters are both stubborn yet can't resist each other. There are humor, suspense,love, sacrifices and the sex, oh boy. Cici is romantic and believed in forever, which contradict to Deacon's view. ...more
AJ
Apr 07, 2014 AJ rated it really liked it
4 short, sweet and sexy stars!

200 years ago, following a vicious attack and at the request of her dying father, vampire Deacon turned the only woman he had ever loved into a vampire as she lay dying in his arms. Having been romantically rejected by her, he leaves her with somebody else to see her through her transition, and takes off on a mission to avenge her ‘death’ before purposely keeping himself out of her life to allow her to adjust and move on.

Felicity (Cici) and Deacon have had numerous
Kimberly Kincaid
Mar 02, 2014 Kimberly Kincaid rated it it was amazing
Hot, hot, hot! I got my hands on an advance copy of this and devoured it! All of Robin Covington's classic sexy style wrapped up in a paranormal theme. Deacon and Cici sizzled up my e-reader from start to finish. This is a fast-paced story with just enough paranormal world-building to make it exciting but not overly complex. Sexy, sassy, smokin' hot-- Covington's got it all!
Cici is a romantic who believes in love that lasts forever and she's made a business out of helping both humans and supernaturals to find it. Unfortunately not everyone shares her ethos, particularly when it comes to relationships between the two groups and they're determined to destroy her reputation by whatever means necessary. Cici knows she is in trouble and the only person she can think of to help her is Deacon, the man who broke her heart over 200 years ago. Deacon has never forgotten ...more
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Robin Covington is a new to me author and I believe this is her first foray into paranormal romance and I enjoyed it!

For me this was a fun light read which is what I needed after reading some pretty dark novels recently. I found both characters likable and the secondary characters fun and I'm anxious to read their stories. The novel was fast paced and the world was unique. The humor that Mya brought to the story was invaluable.

If you are looking for a fun, quick read I would definitely recomme
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Mar 19, 2014 Emily (Mrs B's Books) rated it it was amazing
**Copy Provided by Netgalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC for an honest review**

Yet another sizzling hot book from Robin Covington. When I read the blurb I got the feeling I would love it and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.

I got everything I wanted. Drama, romance, pain and love with some extra awesome-sauce friends in the picture.

Deacon is an alpha male at all times, bar a small moment near the end when his uncertainty is heart-warming.

Cici is another strong character that knows when t
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
3.5 Stars

I think this whole vampire stuff is just not my genre. Since I'm rarely reading paranormal stuff, this book made my head spinning. There was too much going on. I'm just not used to it and couldn't get into the story. It was a good and short story but

I think I will stay away from vampire stories in the future.
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Kim
for Read Your Writes Book Reviews

Oh my gosh. I don’t know what to say about this book. I totally mean that in the BEST way possible. Sex and the Single Vamp is the best book I’ve read from Robin Covington. This is a HOT paranormal romance with suspense elements; delivering on both in spades.

Almost two hundred and forty years ago, Thomas Samuel Deacon made a promise to turn a dying Felicity “Cici” Trent into a vampire and protect her with his life. He also made a promise to himsel
Heather  book whore & shifter slut extrordinaire
Robin Covington is a new author to me and I am so very glad I took a chance on her when I was offered a review copy of this book! I think this is her first foray into paranormal romance - it looks like her other books on Goodreads are all contemporary romances. I enjoyed this book very much and I certainly hope she continues to write in this genre and specifically in this world as there are many other interesting characters we meet in this book who deserve to have their story told! Please.

I real
Nicola
Aug 10, 2016 Nicola rated it it was amazing
Last week I told a friend I wasn't a fan of paranormal romance. I wasn't lying, but it wouldn't be the truth if I said it now. Robin Covington has converted me. The thing is reading Sex and the Single Vamp was a no brainer; I've read all her non-PN books and loved every one, so I had nothing to lose.

Cici Trent and Thomas Deacon have history. 250 years of it. In a world where Humans and 'Others' co-exist, although not necessarily in harmony, they've fought wars together, lived their own lives, b
GraceMyBookSnack
4.0 – 4.5 Stars

200-plus years is a long time to deny your feelings for someone, but when Cici asks for Deacon's help, he can't refuse her. See, it all began with a promise Deacon had made to her father. Now, he thinks it's time they stop dancing around each other and finally give into certain needs. Is Cici about to make a deal with the devil?

Wowza! This is one dark-vampy-delicious read! Cici is such a great character. She's a vampire who is a hopeless romantic. She believes in the forever kind
Rachel
Mar 22, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Robin Covington jumps into the paranormal pool and does it with style with this release. I had the honour of reading this book early and let me tell you, it's fantastic.

I was hooked from the prologue and didn't want to put it down till I was finished. I loved Deacon and CiCi. The sexual tension and spark between these two is strong, I guess since it's being building for 239 years, it's understandable. When they give in, wow, talk about burning up the sheets.

Throw in some intrigue, in the form
Marissa
Mar 25, 2014 Marissa rated it really liked it
I have to admit, this is my first book by Robin. I actually bugged her for a copy because she seemed so nice and genuine when we chatted about her Contemporary series. Now, I’m going to go back and read her other series, because if she can write such a hot, steamy and suspenseful story about vampires, it would take a Y2K type of catastrophe for me not to love them. I love when authors, especially new to the PNR genre, add little twists to the vampire mythology. Robin did not disappoint with her ...more
Linda
Sex and the Single Vamp was an AWESOME, SEXY & FUN paranormal read that I couldn't put down!

I loved, loved, loved our vamp hero, Deacon. He was the epitome of a tortured hero and a badass extraordinaire. Just imagine being in unrequited love with someone for 254 years!!!

Cici was our heroine, a smart and independent vamp. She ran a matchmaking agency where it didn't matter if you were a vamp, shifter, or human... she'd work on finding the right mate for you.

The chemistry between the two of
Raj
Apr 22, 2014 Raj rated it it was ok
2 stars :(

I feel detached to the characters, it's written in 3rd person, so maybe that's one of the reason. I'm not very fond of stories written like this coz, well, one reason is I don't feel that much connection with the characters and there's a few author's who can pull a 3rd person writing style really well.

I just breeze through the story and read the conversations.

I got interested when she was attacked by FAR on chapter 9, I actually read the whole chapter.

All in all, the novel is okay. it
Joan
Mar 27, 2014 Joan rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It's a challenge for me to find a terrific paranormal romance lately. This one was AMAZING. Love Cici and Deacon together. They were feisty, strong, and sexy. The world she created and the feel of the book were fantastic. Their history, secrets, and pull between them stirred up a nice angst cocktail and when they got together it was smoking. I hope she writes more in this series. Would love to read more. I'll have to venture into her other books as I really enjoyed her writing style.
Pat
Mar 17, 2014 Pat rated it it was amazing
What would our world be like with Vampires and Shapeshifters living together in Washington D.C.? Ms. Covington brings us up close and personal with a matchmaking agency being focused on by a hate group, and the head of a security agency who has been in love with our heroine for two hundred and forty years! Did I get your attention?

Full review to follow on http://tbqspersonalbookpalace.blogspo...
Avery Flynn
Mar 02, 2014 Avery Flynn rated it it was amazing
Hot. Sexy. Read. Really, do I need to say more? If you love Robin Covington's contemporary romances, you love this one too. Yummy!
Elisabeth Staab
Mar 06, 2014 Elisabeth Staab rated it it was amazing
Sexy, compelling, and original. :)
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Reviewed on Bewitching Bibliophile

I couldn't put this down. I didn't want to put this down, for a book under 200 pages, it really manages to build a great world and a really great romance. It's fun, quirky, funny, so sensual and smoking hot that I just couldn't wait to continue reading. This reminded me of old school Katie McAlister & Kerrlyn Sparks, modern Others in the human world and they are funny as hell. Deacon was amazing and so hot, a but slow but hot. I mean I get why he
Becky
Sep 03, 2016 Becky rated it really liked it
Featured on my blog, Becky on Books.

I've read--and loved--several of Robin's contemporary romances. I met her at the Baltimore Book Festival last fall, and really enjoyed listening to her speak on several panels there. She's a lot of fun to follow on FB (two words: Man Wars. ;)) In short, I'm a fan, and was totally psyched to find out that her next book was going to be a paranormal romance. I jumped at the chance to read it.

It absolutely did not disappoint!

Robin's trademark humor and flair for w
Michelle
Reunited After 200 Years. A Blessing or a Curse?

Robin Covington’s paranormal debut was a hit! I was a fan of her books – the Boys are Back in Town series (A Night of Southern Comfort, His Southern Temptation, Sweet Southern Betrayal) and Playing the Part. Even though I was on a self-imposed “vampire strike,” avoiding all vampire books after many years of devouring them, I decided to read Sex and the Single Vamp with an open mind. I received a complimentary copy of Sex and the Single Vamp, and wa
Melanie
Mar 27, 2014 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rd-2014, read-in-2014
5*s
review posted here...
Sex and the Single Vamp is book candy to me, definitely my kind of book as it hits just about everything I like in a story.
We have an alpha male vampire – Deacon – who runs a security firm and has been a cop aswell as working for the government during the wars…. We meet up with him in current times when Felicity ‘CiCi’ Trent -owner of a dating agency for supernatural and human connections - turns to him for help because someone is k
Amy A
Mar 28, 2014 Amy A rated it really liked it
4.5

Originally Posted at Vampire Book Club

To say that Deacon and Cici have a past is a bit of an understatement. They’ve been hovering in and out of each other’s lives for nearly 240 years, always fighting the obvious attraction between them. Well, the time has come when Cici desperately needs Deacon’s help.

Cici is the owner of the successful business Your Other Half, which caters to finding relationships between humans and ‘others’ (vampires, weres, fae, etc.). Of course a business like this wil
Tanya Vought
Apr 08, 2014 Tanya Vought rated it it was amazing
I've read several books by the fabulous Robin Covington and loved them! I knew when I saw this cover I had to read this story. It's no lie that I love vampires- but Robin makes you love them even more and the sexy vampire, Deacon himself! You will be shocked, floored, saddened, amazed and more while reading this delicious read.

I loved that Robin wrote a vampire story. This is not your typical vampire book and that's what makes it awesome. Let's meet the characters shall we?

Cici is a woman who pl
Nicole
Mar 27, 2014 Nicole rated it really liked it
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2014/03/26/...

I’ve enjoyed Covington’s contemporary books in the past, so when I saw she wrote a paranormal, I figured I’d give it a try. While I’m not a huge fan of vampires, I did like the little twists that Covington added to her story.

Deacon has been a vampire for a long time now, but the one who hasn’t been able to leave his mind is Cici. When she shows up asking for his help, Deacon is powerless to say no to her. As he does some digg
Jen ~ The Literary Gossip
Mar 20, 2014 Jen ~ The Literary Gossip rated it really liked it
I am so not a para fan...but FML I enjoyed this book! Full review on imperfectwomen.com soon.

__4.5 stars ____________________

For the record, I’m not usually a paranormal book fan. Did I read and like Twilight? Yes. But since then I really haven’t touched anything that had to do with vampires. Until now… Why did I choose to read this? Well… the book synopsis sucked me in and I said what the heck. Since I haven’t, until now, reviewed anything in this genre I figured I’d mix things up a bit. What I
Tory Michaels
Mar 21, 2014 Tory Michaels rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I really enjoyed this book (what a shock, given it's an Entangled/Covet book, I know...:P So sue me, they write awesome books). I liked seeing the supernatural community out of the closet (again, what a surprise, given my Dream-Walker series), and the interplay between the various species.

Cici and Deacon were explosive together. Deacon's certainly blunt in what he wants, and he's wanted it for 2+ centuries. I loved that it was vamp/vamp, not buff ancient vamp/innocent human girl. It's even bette
  • Don't Blackmail the Vampire (Sons of Kane, #2)
  • Love at Stake (Fated Match, #1)
  • Stop Dragon My Heart Around (Las Vegas Dragons, #2)
  • Bittersweet Magic (The Order, #2)
  • Undying Desire (The Enclave, #3)
  • Wild Ride
  • Bad Cop (Immortalis, #2)
  • Britton (The Awakening, #3)
  • Four Weddings and a Werewolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #2)
  • Lessons in Gravity (Study Abroad, #2)
  • Lie To Me (Sexual Misconduct #3)
  • Call of the Siren (Demons of Infernum, #4)
  • Ashes
  • Beg Me to Slay
  • A Vampire's Christmas Carol
  • Light Her Fire (Private Pleasures, #2)
A USAToday bestseller, Robin Covington loves to explore the theme of fooling around and falling in love in her books. Her stories burn up the sheets. . .one page at a time. When she's not writing she's collecting tasty man candy, indulging in a little comic book geek love, hoarding red nail polish and stalking Chris Evans.

A 2016 RITA Award nominee, Robin's books have won the Golden Leaf Award and
More about Robin Covington...

“We’ve danced around the issue of ‘us’ for about two hundred years too long. While we work together, I want us to explore each other. Up close and personal. In bed. That would be more than adequate payment.”
“And if I don’t agree?”
“I’ll help you. Free of charge. But I’ll probably be an asshole.” He shrugged. “Blue balls make me cranky.”
3 likes
“I didn’t know you liked to dance,” she said.
“I don’t. It gives me an excuse to hold you close without getting disapproving looks … And holding you close covers up my boner.”
3 likes