Start by marking “Perfect Sin” as Want to Read:
Perfect Sin

Perfect Sin (Clayton #2)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  429 ratings  ·  17 reviews
PERFECT SINisacaptivating classic Kat Martin romance—now available as an e-book for the very first time!

He was the ultimate rake. But Randall Clayton, 7th Duke of Beldon, harbors a hidden motive for seducing the fiery-haired, passionate Caitlin Harmon. Rand is on a mission to find a murderer...and it's leading straight to Caitlin's father.

She was the ultimate temptation.
Published October 7th 2014 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published October 15th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Sin

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I did give this two stars, but then I realized I really didn't like this book. So I downgraded it to one star. I submit this guy as a nominee for "Jackass Hero Award." Complete and utter pig of a man. One of those books you wish would end with the heroine telling the hero to get lost.
Mandy
I really wanted to like this book. but the hero killed it for me.
An emotionally weak hero is not what i look for in a HEA romance book.

Spoilers ahead

The part that really killed it for me - he went back to his mistress Hannah after his wife (the book's main heroine) lost their baby prematurely. According to him, he had no idea how to cope with the pain so he ran all the way back to london, leaving the heroine coping with the lost of her baby AND her husband. But that was not the worse part. the
Dina
Mar 05, 2009 Dina marked it as to-avoid  ·  review of another edition
From Fani:
'The book you should definitely avoid is "Perfect Sin" by Kat Martin. Hero, suposedly loving the heroine even though he thinks it's just lust, goes back to his mistress when the heroine miscarried their baby. I don't think there was any way the hero can redeem himself after such an act.'
Tina
Cheating bastard! I dislike romance novels with a cheating H or h, however, its been awhile since I've come across one this vile. The hero in this book is just appalling, but what makes it worse is the heroine who takes the douchebag back. I guess they're perfect for each other.

Roub
the book was worth more than a 3 star but rand killed it. i was devastated when he got back wid his mistress. one scene was even described n i found this very awful. if the situation had been reversed, how wud he react ? how does a cuckolded husband respond ? so y these double stds !? y does the heroine forgive so easily while i'm sure the hero wud be plotting revenge against her. caitlin summarized the events so well in the end, like she knew rand loved her. she had known 4 some time now bcoz h ...more
JennyG
I ended up hating this book because the hero betrayed the heroine when she needed him the most. I can read books with a cheating hero and sometimes a book can even become a keeper despite the cheating, but in this instance the betrayal was too painful for me.
JoAnn
Not my favorite Kat Martin book and if it had been the first I had read, I wouldn't have looked for other books by her.
In so many romance books the hero -- who up to this point has been something of a man-slut -- is surprised to find that he is suddenly uninterested in his mistress and it takes him a while to connect that change in attitude with the fact that he just met her, the woman destined to be his one-and-only to whom he will remain faithful from that moment on, even if he doesn't realize
RomReader
Independent daughter of American archaeologist has instant mutual attraction with rake Duke. It doesn't' take long for her to succumb to their strong attraction with both knowing that marriage is not in the cards b/c of their different lifestyles. She becomes pregnant but doesn't tell him b/c she knows that marriage is out of the question but her best friend informs Hero who's been failing at moving on with his life since she left England with her father. Hero goes to the island where she's at t ...more
78sunny
4,4 von 5 Sternen
*Wie kam das Buch zu mir*
Ich bin ja ein Fan der Autorin. „Heißer als die Sonne“, „Die Perlen des Schicksals“ und „Perlen für eine Mätresse“ gehören zu meinen liebsten hist. Liebesromanen der Autorin. Daher habe ich mir weitere Romane von ihr günstig (0,99 ) gekauft und dieser hier gehörte dazu.

*Aufmachung/Qualität*
Da muss ich wohl nichts zu sagen. Das Cover ist einfach schrecklich kitschig und hässlich. Einzig die Blumen im Vordergrund finde ich schön. Aber was will man bei eine
I had low expectations when, by page 14, I read about Cat described as the lovely lady with high perky breasts for the second time. I suppose it was just in case I missed that two pages earlier. Lord Rand acknowledges that he is a duke used to getting his way and thinks of Cat as a loose of morals woman partly because she's American. I was hoping she wouldn't give in to him and his romantic persuasions, which didn't bode well for this romance.
Christina A. Marley
Like so many other reviewers, I could not get past the cheating. I also disliked that weak male lead. (He doesn't deserve to be called a hero.)
JLC
Gave this a 3 based on the author's ability. Would have given it a 1 based it's content. I read this early in my reading career - before I realized I didn't have to finish every book I started. The H was just too angsty for this fluff-n-stuff gal.
Snoojee
I enjoy this author when I want a mind candy romance.
Lynn
Never read Kat Martin but I will again.
Deniz
Deniz marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Skwadd
Skwadd added it
Apr 19, 2015
Sushmita
Sushmita marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Sidonia
Sidonia marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Riya
Riya marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
  • Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1) (Ladies, #1)
  • The Lover
  • Caress and Conquer
  • Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off (Country Music Collection, #1)
  • Some Enchanted Season (Bethlehem, #2)
  • The Rake's Rainbow
  • Simply Love
  • Bride of the Wind
  • Risk Everything (The Blackthorn Trilogy, #3)
  • Emerald Knight
  • The Coming Home Place
  • The Marriage Betrayal (The Volakis Vow #1)
  • No Longer Mine
  • The Way of the Heart
  • Return of the Moralis Wife (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • Promise of the Rose
  • A Wild Night's Bride (The Devil DeVere #1)
  • A Fire in the Heart
Kathleen Kelly Martin (aka Kathy Lawrence, Kasey Mars)

Kathleen Kelly was born on 14 July 1947 in the Central Valley of California, USA. She obtained a degree in Anthropology and also studied History at the University of California in Santa Barbara. She was a real estate broker, when she met her future husband, Larry Jay Martin. A short time after the two became acquainted, Larry asked her to read
More about Kat Martin...

Clayton (2 books)
  • Wicked Promise (Clayton #1)
Against the Wind (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #1) Against the Law (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #3) Against the Storm (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #4) The Bride's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy #1) Against the Fire (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #2)