Start by marking “Treasure” as Want to Read:
Treasure

Treasure (Goose and Bear Stories)

Bear and Goose are back and on a treasure hunt. Goose believes that the paper in Bear's hand could only be a treasure map. And X marks the spot—but for what? Soon Bear and Goose are on a wild-goose chase for hidden treasure in this warm and adorable follow-up to the award-winning A Splendid Friend, Indeed.
Published October 1st 2007 by Boyds Mills Press

To ask other readers questions about Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasure

Carter Harrison
Nov 05, 2014 Carter Harrison rated it really liked it
We are all treasures =)
Amanda Walz
Feb 17, 2017 Amanda Walz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
A very cute story about adventure and friendship. It is told almost entirely by Goose's voice.
Rosa Cline
Dec 31, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, 2016
A fun neat book about friendship. The illustrations go with the text and tells a story all itself with the expressions the polar bear gives his friend the duck. We enjoyed this book. A beginning reader could build their self esteem with this book the text was fairly simple and wasn't long.
Kelsey
Jan 30, 2011 Kelsey rated it liked it
This book had a great message about friendship: the greatest treasures are your friends. It had simple text and fun illustrations that would be great for young students in kindergarten or first grade. The use of repetition in word choice is catchy and would help beginning readers practice.
Thomas
Jan 28, 2013 Thomas rated it liked it
I felt like it was someone trying to write like Mo Willems (but with better illustrations). It was frustrating for little ones to know which character is supposed to be speaking since the author opted not to use the talk-bubbles to make it clear.
Alice
May 02, 2013 Alice rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
Looking for books about treasures for our Summer Reading Program Adventure hour. We are going Metal Detecting and we need something to correlate with it...I think this one for work, but I would like something else. I like the picture and I like the story,
Tamara
Jan 14, 2009 Tamara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Duck and Polar Bear go treasure hunting, and find that they are each other's treasure.

Love love love this book!

Favorite Illustration:
Polar Bear is diving into the water & Duck's feet are poking through the ice at the top of the page.
Lara
I wanted to like this one more than I did--I loooooove polar bears, and I appreciate the idea of this one, and the illustrations are really pretty. It's sweet and cute and is a nice story about the value of friendship, but it just didn't really stand out to me, I guess.
Sam Bloom
Dec 23, 2008 Sam Bloom rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
What a great book! The facial expressions on Bear are just wonderful as Goose gets carried away, and the ending is cute. Not quite as good as Splendid Friend Indeed, but still enjoyable!
Pat
Nov 18, 2015 Pat rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Simple story about play and friendship made even more enjoyable by Bloom's unique illustrations.
Hannah Givens
Jul 19, 2015 Hannah Givens rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
This whole series is an adorable friendship story. I just wish it was easier to tell who's speaking, the two aren't differentiated and there's no narration.
Esodhiambo
Very cute
Leona
Feb 22, 2013 Leona rated it it was amazing
Shelves: easy, friends, bears
bear and duck search for treasure but don't think they find any until bear reminds duck that spending time with a friend is the best treasure of all.
Jay R.
Nov 22, 2014 Jay R. rated it liked it
great!!!
Kathy
Feb 24, 2009 Kathy rated it really liked it
Simple text and pictures but my kids enjoyed it.
Melissa
Dec 03, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Four stars just for the underwater dive.
Dawn
May 21, 2008 Dawn rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
For beginning readers. Repetitive, dull text and boring illustrations. It gets starred reviews from Kirkus and SLJ though...
Kelli
Very little print, but a good chance to dive, dig, and shout "Yo ho ho!" Expressive, humorous illustrations.
Jill
Nov 10, 2015 Jill rated it it was amazing
This may be one of my favorites of the series.
Jess Gill
Oct 16, 2008 Jess Gill rated it really liked it
enjoyed this one just as much as "A splendid friend, indeed".
Kate Hastings
Mar 10, 2008 Kate Hastings rated it liked it
Recommends it for: toddlers pirate treasure
Shelves: picturebooks
Very simple book to share with toddlers in case of pirate/treasure theme.
Nadine
May 30, 2016 Nadine rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
this one has just gorgeous illustrations as bear goes from dry to swimming to wet/dry. Finding the treasure in spending time together hunting for treasure.
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Alecia
Alecia rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2009
Ellen Yeomans
Ellen Yeomans rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2008
Zonia
Mar 20, 2008 Zonia rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-school
Loved it!
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
May 12, 2009
Arielle
Arielle rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Goose and Bear Stories (6 books)
  • A Splendid Friend, Indeed