Start by marking “Dark Callings” as Want to Read:
Dark Callings

Dark Callings

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Once Mark Riordan had a happy, ordinary life -- before a vampire attack left him changed. No longer human, but not quite vampire, Riordan now hunts the evil vamps who terrorize his city, giving in to the desires his vampire half needs to survive -- occasional blood and constant, empty sex.
Until he meets Roarke. The centuries-old vampire fills a need Riordan can't explain
Published August 12th 2007 by Changeling Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dark Callings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Callings

Alina
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE READING THE BOOK!!!

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!

It has come to my attention that an additional novella was added to the compilation to be the finale of the series. PLEASE do not read that last novella, as it was not intended to be part of the Dark Callings series, and WILL ruin the book for you.

Read only the following novellas:
1)Bloodlines
2)Inamorata
3)Home for the Holidays (this is more of a short story that was added post-factum, I think, but it's sweet)
4)Sacrifice
5)Pilgrimag
Tim
This story was pretty good. It was the gay version of blade with a lot steamy scenes. Mark and Roarke made an interesting couple
Emmie
Wende
I liked it as this was no cookie cutter vampire book.
momokaachan
I love a good vampire story - and this series has everything I want. Riordan is all about the angst, not-quite-changed and not happy about it. Roarke is awesome. What I like particularly about this series is that there are no "easy" outs. No "let's make love an everything will be all right in the morning." Good for you, Elizabeth Jewell!
NannyOgg ~*Challenge Addict*~
Read for the Pick it for me challenge.

I must admit I got the impression this books was PWP when I first saw the cover and read the blurb. But I'm glad I was wrong.
Kirpal
Kirpal marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Duncan
Duncan added it
Feb 15, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
MiMi Rae
MiMi Rae marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Ross H
Ross H marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
A.J.
A.J. marked it as to-read
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Kynthos-the-Archer
Kynthos-the-Archer marked it as to-read
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
K
K marked it as to-read
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Michael Reale
Michael Reale marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
H.
H. marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Clint
Clint marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Aug 20, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Elizabeth Jewell is the author of a growing collection of paranormal and contemporary erotic novels and novellas. She’s been writing since before she could read, and has given in to the fact that she’s completely addicted to the process of composing fiction — especially hot, steamy, paranormal fiction. Elizabeth
More about Elizabeth Jewell...
Lover from Another World (Fated Trilogy, #1) A Matter of Faces The Chocolatier (The Chocolatier) Weary Memories Gomorrah: Bonded