Start by marking “Bloodshift” as Want to Read:
Bloodshift

Bloodshift

A nightmare contagion is about to overtake the human race--unless America can secure the antidote. And unless a killer can join forces with his beautiful vampire quarry against a host of other vampires unleashed for the ultimate triumph of darkness over light.
Published May 1st 1990 by Warner Books (NY) (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodshift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodshift

Elke
Aug 13, 2008 Elke rated it really liked it
Shelves: novels, vampires, own, review
The book is like a mixture of vampire novel and thriller.

- May contain spoilers -
An assassin is hired by a group of vampires (which of course he does not know in the beginning) to kill a woman named Adrienne St. Clair. But Granger Helman soon learns that this woman is not a normal human being, but not a normal vampire either.

Also, several other parties are determined to find Adrienne St. Clair, but with different motives. First, there are some fanatic Jesuits out to destroy every vampire on eart
Angela
A very different, and very good, vampire book. Because I haven't read it in a long time (it's been in a box in storage), I'll just type the blurb from the back cover...

"He's a hit man who never misses. Except when his target isn't human. Or even alive.

"She's a traitor to her own kind, the hell spawn legion called the Undead. Her unforgivable sin -- to dare save the world of the living from the final annihilation.

"A nightmare contagion is about to overtake the human race. Unless America can secur
Kinksrock
I have read this at least twice. I remember thinking it was one of the greatest vampire novels of all time the first time I read it. But, upon re-reading, I had a completely different impression, and thought it was not very good. I'd be interested in the opinions of others. Which of me was right? Sometime I may have to read it again and see what the older version of me thinks of it.

Because I've come out differently on different readings, I'm not even going to bother giving this one a rating in s
blue corpse
Jul 21, 2011 blue corpse rated it did not like it
I hated this book. Perhaps it was the stifling weather that summer contributing to the discomfort at the time, or the fact that I had already watched Underworld, but my opinions have only become more skewed since.

It's an action-thriller about a secret society of vampires that probably was unique in its time, but has become so dated as to just be tedious. All its action and supernatural elements could not keep a hold on my 16-year-old self.
Jackie Cervantes
Sep 30, 2015 Jackie Cervantes rated it it was ok
this story was just so boring. Even most of the action scenes just made me yawn and want to put the book down. the only thing that kept me invested was the vampire aspect of it and the science side of it was the most interesting part. Although in parts it got very technical and hard to follow. all in all I wouldn't recommend this.
Barry Hill
Barry Hill rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2011
Tamara
Tamara rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Yannick
Yannick rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Tony Entrekin
Tony Entrekin rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Jovonne
Jovonne rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2011
Sabrina Bradley
Sabrina Bradley rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Carmen Andersson
Carmen Andersson rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2015
John McIlveen
John McIlveen rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2009
Nrion
Nrion rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2012
Emyl
Emyl rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Joshua
Joshua rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2010
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Ms. Radulovic
Ms. Radulovic rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Timothy Mosher
Timothy Mosher rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Kev
Kev rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2014
James Joyce
James Joyce rated it liked it
May 28, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
May 11, 2010
Lisa Bain
Lisa Bain rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2013
Sandi
Sandi rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Amanda Davis
Amanda Davis rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2013
Jazzy
Jazzy rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2013
Jason Milchak
Jason Milchak rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2015
Donald
Donald rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2011