Start by marking “Christopher Robin Gives a Party (Winnie-the-Pooh story books)” as Want to Read:
Christopher Robin Gives a Party (Winnie-the-Pooh story books)

Christopher Robin Gives a Party (Winnie-the-Pooh story books)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  5 reviews
There is going to be a party for Pooh, because of what Pooh did to save Piglet from the flood, and everyone is invited. Eeyore thinks the party must be for him, and the present too, but nobody listens to poor Eeyore. This book is part of a series of "Winnie-the-Pooh" story books.
Board book, 32 pages
Published February 11th 1990 by Methuen young books (first published April 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Christopher Robin Gives a Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christopher Robin Gives a Party

This is a nice simplification of Milne for very young children; my daughter loved it when she was 2 1/2 or so, still too young to care for the longer versions of the story. I particularly like that the illustrations are the old ones (not Disney), chosen with an eye to making the story make sense. Now that she is older we will be moving on to the full story, but these were a very good introduction, and Milne's prose (even abridged) is quite pleasant for reading out loud 87 times.
Skylar Burris
I prefer these older, original, classic version of Winnie the Pooh to the ones that are put out today. They are actually far less wordy, but they tell the same stories using richer vocabulary and more succinct narration.
I had not heard of this Pooh book written by A.A. Milne before either. I feel that this one is not as good as some of the others. However, Milne still has a creative and unique way of writing.
Sep 21, 2008 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading to their children
Shelves: 2004, childrens
Part of the original Winnie the Pooh Treasury set I got when my oldest was born. They are longer than the board books we have featuring Pooh and his friends, but are still great for young children.
Jun 17, 2010 jacky rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: preschoolers, Pooh Bear lovers
Shelves: board-books
This takes part of Winnie the Pooh and turns it into a board book. Much easier package for young reader than the whole book or for a parent to read a loud in one night.
Emily marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Charon added it
Sep 08, 2015
Bonnie added it
Sep 04, 2015
Karen June
Karen June marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Meranda J
Meranda J marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Rachel added it
Jul 29, 2015
Janna added it
Jul 17, 2015
Karin Manser
Karin Manser marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
•Carrie• marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
WCNS marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Candi added it
May 27, 2015
Little Library
Little Library marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Sanskriti marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Brin added it
May 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Alan Alexander Milne (pronounced /ˈmɪln/) was an English author, best known for his books about the teddy bear Winnie-the-Pooh and for various children's poems.

A. A. Milne was born in Kilburn, London, to parents Vince Milne and Sarah Marie Milne (née Heginbotham) and grew up at Henley House School, 6/7 Mortimer Road (now Crescent), Kilburn, a small public school run by his father. One of his teac
More about A.A. Milne...
Winnie-the-Pooh (Winnie-the-Pooh, #1) The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh, #2) The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh (Winnie-the-Pooh, #1-4) The World of Winnie-the-Pooh (Winnie-the-Pooh, #1-2) When We Were Very Young (Winnie-the-Pooh, #3)