Start by marking “Scandal's Child” as Want to Read:
Scandal's Child

Scandal's Child

True love is often scandalous…

As her brother and sister prepare to make their Society debut, Kat Thistlewait vows to sit on the sidelines like a proper young lady. Fate has other plans, though, and when Kat tries to save her mischievous twin she lands herself in a compromising position with battle-scarred and world-weary French nobleman Jules Devereaux.

Knowing that no la
Published December 3rd 2013 by Diversion Books (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Scandal's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scandal's Child

Holly Bargo
Mar 09, 2014 Holly Bargo rated it did not like it
Does not live up to the description

I was so you 35% of the way through this book when I asked myself why I was reading it. The premise is absurd. The heroine follows her brother to an inn, goes to his room, and falls asleep? Without confronting him with his failure to stick to his commitments? The hero mistakes which room is his and falls into bed without noticing that it's occupied? Please. That's too silly to suspense disbelief.
Michelle Ash
Mar 07, 2014 Michelle Ash rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Had a couple moments that showed potential, but too many characters with pointlessly complicated back stories to stand alone, too many typos, and two key scenes are desperately in need of clearer...it's like the author directed a play by saying "everyone get on stage and step forward when you have a line"
Yolanda
Mar 03, 2014 Yolanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It started off cute but didn't really care for the Bodines writing style.
Krystal
Apr 23, 2014 Krystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I've ever read by Sherrill Bodine (thanks to it being an Amazon freebie), but it certainly won't be the last! I've already downloaded another of her books, and will be downloading a third when I'm done with that.

This was a story that I was completely drawn into. I loved pretty much everything about it; to start with the characters were well developed and likeable (Kat was my favorite by far) as she is a feisty woman who isn't afraid of doing whatever is necessary to "sav
Patricia
Aug 03, 2014 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Twins, deceit, and the French comte

Twins, deceit, and the French comte

This is a sweet book, full of romance and humor. The main hero is, indeed, a French comte, while the secondary heroes are assorted Englishmen of various stripes. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys lite-hearted humor, old-fashioned romance, or twins who switch identities.
One of the twins is our heroine. The other is one of those assorted young men I mentioned. The two obviously have a more than usual resemblance. This resembla
Lauren
Oct 11, 2014 Lauren rated it liked it
Shelves: grandmas-romance
I'm not too sure how I feel about this one. It was definitely a sweet story and I really liked our hero... however,

The entire premise of the story was laughable.
For one, if Kat traveled all that way with the intention of confronting her brother for shirking his responsibilities, why in the actual fuck did the girl go upstairs and go to sleep? You're not there to take a nap honey, so what the hell are you doing?
For two, our hero seriously doesn't notice that the bed he just crawled in is alread
Tonileg
Clean historical romance about a scarred and damaged French lord that is going back to France after fixing his past and getting closer to his English half-brother, but instead finds love by accident.
Miss Kat Thistlewait is used to taking care of her twin brother sincer they were little children so when it is her time to find a husband in her second London season, her brother makes even more mistakes which she runs to fix, but actually gets her self into a bad situation that can only be fixed by
Sandreen
Mar 24, 2014 Sandreen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute little story to pass the time, I guess but I don't think I'd ever read it again or any of the other books in the series. Why? It's forgettable. The story had so much potential, but I really disliked the author's writing. The ending seemed rushed and a lot could have being either taken out because of redundancy and descriptions to provide imagery were poor and seemed rushed also. Due to this flaw of being stingy with descriptions or details, a lot of events ( ie: being attacked by ...more
Birgit
Mar 17, 2015 Birgit rated it liked it
If you like Georgette Heyer, you'll like this one. Witty, humorous and a good narration style, what more can you want in a light romance?
Taken under the wings of their aunt, Kat and Jacko, the twin, and their sister Maria are expected to make a good catch on the marriage market, which, due do a scandal in their past, they will need. Unfortunately, Kat is not your usual young lady, behaving as society expects. Things just happen to her...
I loved this story and will definitely try to see more of t
Jenika Ioffreda
Mar 16, 2015 Jenika Ioffreda rated it did not like it
It was a free download from Amazon and I decided to give it a go, but I stopped reading after a while as I couldn't like much the characters and the story wasn't very credible.
I mean, a man wakes up in a inn room with a woman he doesn't know next to him with people telling him he should marry to avoid scandal and he smiles and he is happy (?)
Cathy Wilde
Feb 23, 2016 Cathy Wilde rated it it was ok
An 'only average' romantic story, with quite predictable plots. Too many typos for my taste, everyone has 'spell check' on their word document, so no excuse. Not one I would want to read again, or recommend to friends.
Hazel Worden
Jan 27, 2016 Hazel Worden rated it liked it
Interesting storyline.

Likeable characters, but on nearly every page I wish Jules had been more of a man shown kathriyn he knew how to be a husband. A little annoying that he didn't take more control in the love making. By the time he got around to do the dead the book ended.
Kensi Sciuto
Mar 11, 2014 Kensi Sciuto rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book so much I couldn't put it down till I was finished. True the story plot line has been in several books I have read, but the author write in a way that was fresh and appealing to me.
Anna
Aug 05, 2016 Anna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is part of my current experiment in randomly downloading kindle freebies and trying (emphasis on T-R-Y-I-N-G, here) to read them. In this case: utterly impossible. If there was a literary equivalent of the word inedible, it would find perfect use here.
Lyuda
Aug 13, 2016 Lyuda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Forgettable, bland story with many historical inaccuracies (too much freedom for our heroine as an example)
Bobbie
Mar 12, 2014 Bobbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story. Main character is a hoot! Well written. I could actually see it all take place in my mind.
Joyce Bailey
Joyce Bailey rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2014
Kiamonae
Kiamonae rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Carissa Garrett
Carissa Garrett rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2016
Hilary
Hilary rated it it was ok
May 01, 2014
Mari Valencia-barajas
Mari Valencia-barajas rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2014
robertascott
robertascott rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Kris Misko
Kris Misko rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2014
Penny
Penny rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Shawna Hawkins
Shawna Hawkins rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Mina
Mina rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2014
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 05, 2015 07:30AM
  • Night of the Candles (Classic Gothics Collection, #6)
  • Moonlight Rebel (Moonlight, #1)
  • The Scandalous Marriage (Regency Royal, #20) (Dukes & Desires, #7)
  • Under The Kissing Bough
  • Improper Relations (Lord Shad, #1)
  • Calico
  • The Peacemaker (The Warriors of the Wind, Book 1)
  • Silken Dreams
  • The Rake's Rainbow
  • Blood For Ink (Scarlet Plumiere, #1)
  • Falling Stars
  • The Raven's Wish (Scottish Clans, #3)
  • The Defiant Governess (Lessons in Love, #1)
  • No Greater Love (Pascal Trilogy #1)
  • Twin Willows
  • Then Came You (McPhee Clan #0.5)
  • Touch The Sun (Beauvisage, #2)
  • Hint of Desire (Desire #1)
I’m sure growing up in my grandmother’s house, taking care of my developmentally disabled mother, forged who I am, but I don’t believe any one thing defines me. My philosophy of life is that we are all in this together—and we need to embrace one another with as much grace, humor and compassion as we can muster. I see life as big, bigger, biggest, and I want to take everyone along with me on the ...more
More about Sherrill Bodine...

“Kathryn, my dear child! What is wrong?” 1 likes
“you cannot seek love, you cannot consciously decide to love. Instead love finds you and pierces your heart before you even realize what’s happening.” 0 likes