Start by marking “Fever (Blood Moon Rising, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fever (Blood Moon Rising, #1)

Fever (Blood Moon Rising #1)

When the Blood Moon rises, the wolves come out to play… and find their mates.

Danica has about given up on love. In a last-ditch attempt at finding “the one,” she agrees to a blind date through an online dating service. But instead of finding roses and romance, she finds someone intent on killing her. That is, until the mysterious, brooding Gage shows up to save her….

Gage
Published February 25th 2014 by Lola Taylor (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fever

Deborah
May 17, 2014 Deborah rated it liked it
Not sure about this one

I love shifter romances, well I like romance in all forms but I particularly like a good paranormal romance but I'm not sure this one fits the bill. It started well and I liked the characters but then it felt rushed a lot of the time and if I'm being honest it was a bit predictable and for me there was just too much crammed into a short book, wolves, yes witches, yes but then all the rest, it was too much and I think that's why it felt rushed.
Will I be reading the next bo
Dawn West
Nov 21, 2016 Dawn West rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Actual Rating: 4.5

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for honest review.**

When a date-gone-wrong turns into an eternal mating... with a werewolf!

Danica is ready to put herself back out there into the wild world of dating after a painful breakup left her wary of relationships. Her first attempt at online dating leads her to a shady bar where her date is a no-show. Fortunately, there is another in attendance and he is everything her naughty mind could dream of.
Rosario Bracero
Dec 08, 2016 Rosario Bracero rated it it was amazing
Very good read

This first book was worth reading I will start the second book in the series immediately.
If it's as entertaining as the first it will be well worth it.
Sandy
Nov 30, 2016 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Fever

WOW!! This book was gr8. The author really knows how to weave a story. I will be reading the rest of this series. 4 Thumbs up
tiffany
Nov 12, 2016 tiffany rated it it was amazing
Great read!

Loved the book! A Great shifter story. Kept me up at night just to finish it! A definite must read.
Grace Touch
A fairly interesting book, is Fever. It was very fast-paced, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, though some parts definitely needed to be slowed down. Spanning only a few day's time, there was endless excitement for Danica and Gage in this new situation they had been thrust into.

Danica is struggling with the truths that have been thrust upon her so suddenly. She is targeted by enemies unknown to her, enemies who would stop at nothing to see her disappear. On top of that, she is con
Heather andrews
Jun 03, 2014 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Gage was just so damn hot I needed to change my panties a few times, "it means," Gage said, pulling her to him and staring down into her eyes, "that you are my mate." Danica is just too adorable she's obviously knew to the werewolf world and has no clue what is going on and automatically assumes that is has something to do with her, "Danica nearly growled from frustration. "How? How is that surprising? Is she talking about the type of conditioner I use? It is surprising it works so well,being as ...more
Dawn Stevens
Jun 04, 2014 Dawn Stevens rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: werewolf readers
This book was okay to pass the time but it wasn't one that I was really drawn into. I feel that so much more detail could've been put into it explaining the world of werewolves and lengthening the story. It was pretty short. I also wasn't a fan of public sex, especially since it was their first time. I believe the characters need more depth too. The author dipped into their background some, but I just didn't connect with either of them as well as I do other characters in other books and I'm not ...more
Zarah
May 15, 2016 Zarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-lendable
1.5
*Sigh* It wasn't Baaad. It just wasn't very good either. Nothing and no-one had any depth or development. It was schmaltzy to the nth degree. The same gimmick (like her refusal to believe she wasn't dreaming or the interrupted sex) was played over and over. Dangers popped up and disappeared without any true tension. In fact, nothing in the whole book had any kind of edge to it. Gage was the most beta alpha I've ever read (he did not inspire confidence) and Danica was just annoying and useless
Ladynight
Apr 30, 2014 Ladynight rated it liked it
Shelves: free-e-books
My rating for this book is 3.5 stars. The positive things about this book:

1- Its free on amazon
2- Its fresh and sweet
3- Short story

The things that didn't convince me:

1- Its predictable
2- The story line could have been a little more develop
3- Certain things in the book are hard to believe

Overall, I still enjoyed the book. I shot my brain out (and every other complain it had about "if this happened in real life it would be totally different"), and enjoyed the fun and fresh story line.

Until the
Jo Smith
May 11, 2014 Jo Smith rated it liked it
Enjoyed the story. A random meeting marks Gage Johnson's mate. She has no knowledge of the paranormal but quickly realises that anything is better than being alone. Another series with the story developing I will presume with the story. A lot of sensual teasing, quick friendship. Perhaps because I haven't read the rest of the books, felt as though the book was rushed without an opportunity to describe the main characters so I didn't quite 'get them'...
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Apr 22, 2014 April ♥"LOS" ♥ rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this book. Since it was a freebie from Amazon, I wasn't realy expecting too much. However, it turned out to be a very good book and I've already bought the second one in the series. For being a relatively short story, there is very good character development and I liked the passion between Danica and Gage. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the next book.
Fever is the book in the Blood Moon Rising series. It’s a werewolf erotic romance short story. Gage, werewolf packmaster, marks Danica causing her to begin the change from human to werewolf and introducing her to the world of paranormals. full review
Holly
Apr 29, 2014 Holly rated it really liked it
I happen to quite enjoy the werewolf insta-love deal so this story was pretty good in my opinion. Unfortunately it was pretty short and actually a tiny bit forgettable. I do read a lot, but I only read it just over a week ago and had to look it up to remember the story. Otherwise, if you like werewolf stories, magic and a quick read, then this is it.
Delta
Free on Amazon today, 04-20-14.

PNR: Vampires

Gale Albright
Oct 17, 2014 Gale Albright rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, werewolves

I am going to love this series I can tell by this first book. Gage, I love you my alpha king. This story isn't long but it is packed full of vital information that I have a feeling will be important in book 2. I am enjoying meeting the characters of this pack.
Brea Ann
Oct 26, 2015 Brea Ann rated it it was amazing
Wow, great story! Werewolves, witches, Fairies, etc... This book covers it all. I was pleasantly surprised. Although, I will say, I wish it hadn't ended the way it did. I like a more definite ending. Now I will have to read another book to see what else is happening.
Helen May
May 19, 2014 Helen May rated it it was ok
Interesting shifter book. Inconsistent at times. Characters could use better development. The Alpha male didn't seem to have a lot of alpha traits, although his older brother seemed to. Secondary characters needed more.
Gail
Mar 26, 2015 Gail rated it it was amazing
great book

Seems like every time I read one of these books, the authors manage to think up something new. This one was really good and the author did a great on with the characters and the story. I am looking forward to reading the second one.
Priscilla Robinson
Jul 17, 2014 Priscilla Robinson rated it liked it
Dreams or nightmares

The first part of this book was amusing. I laughing to myself thinking how great it was going to be when she realized it wasn't just a dream. The book was well written and had a decent storyline. Enjoyable afternoon read.
Monica
Jun 05, 2014 Monica rated it really liked it
Classic shifter romance. It had some of the great things all shifter romance should have. My only real complaint is the book was small and everything seemed to happen with in a few days. Yet still a good read! Totally recommend.
Kristy Ferraro
Apr 28, 2014 Kristy Ferraro rated it really liked it
I liked this book. Great read, in one sitting. Interesting characters and I love paranormal stuff. My thought is, if you are going to read a book, go for one that takes you away from reality. This does that. Drags you in and you feel satisfied in the end.
Jodi Cain
Sep 23, 2015 Jodi Cain rated it it was amazing
This book was very fast paced & intense, but it was to short of a book for all that came about. Don't get me wrong, I loved the book and it is a five star book for me, but I feel like it was missing something other than a few more chapters.
S.g. Alexander
Jun 20, 2014 S.g. Alexander rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-books
This was a really good story with likable characters. It definitely kept me reading to see if these two would ever get their chance to mate.
Kathy Harrington
Oct 23, 2014 Kathy Harrington rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
The story was very good with lots of sexual tension. The characters were all believable. Only problem...only 1 full sex scene and an unfinished BJ.
Angela L Johnson
Jan 25, 2015 Angela L Johnson rated it liked it
Short but good

Good book short but good story princess and a fairytale. A little mystery, murder and more. Great Book for someone who just wants a quick read.
texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com
Short and sweet. Most parts were just ok for me, though there were shining moments. The potential was there, but didn't quite come together for me.
Wendy
Feb 03, 2015 Wendy rated it really liked it
A book I wasn't sure I would like. I never read a book with werewolves and sex. It was good. I would like to get a hold of Protector. Book 2 of the series.
Mary Abair
Nov 29, 2014 Mary Abair rated it liked it
Ok

It was awfully short so it was hard to get into the action and mystery. I definitely want to read th whole series.
Michelle
May 25, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Fever

the king found his mate. it was danger at fort meet. she is in lots of danger just for being his mate. can't wait to see what eels happen
  • Laura's Wolf (Werewolf Marines, # 1)
  • The Secret Wolf (Full Moon Mercy, #1)
  • Releasing the Dragon  (Myths and Legends #1)
  • Change For Me (The Alpha's Kiss, #1)
  • Wolf's Haven (Caedmon Wolves, #1)
  • Arrival of the Prophecy
  • Primitive Fix (Primitive, #1)
  • Moonlit Dream (Moonlit Novella #1)
  • A Hell Hound's Fire (Cloudburst, Colorado #1)
  • Cameron's Law (Adelheid, #1)
  • Tonight's Desire (Volkoff Pack, #1)
  • Wolf at the Door (Salvation Pack, #1)
  • Touched By The White Bear (Snowflake #1)
  • Kissed by Moonlight (Wild Hunt, #1)
  • Lucien's Mate (Soul Mates #1)
  • The Kodiak Clan (Laid Bear, #2)
  • Claimed by the Alphas: Part Six
  • McQuade:  The Lone Wolf Takes A Mate
“Lola Taylor” is a pen name created for the romances I can’t show my grandma without blushing. My favorite genre to write is romantic suspense, usually involving hot werewolves, warlocks, or any other type of paranormal creature. Keep the action hot and the romance hotter—that’s my motto! I’m a horror film junkie, I still love Halloween as an adult (seriously, I think I get more excited for it ...more
More about Lola Taylor...

Blood Moon Rising (3 books)
  • Protector (Blood Moon Rising, #2)
  • Blood Moon Rising Combo Pack (Books 1 & 2)