Start by marking “The Power of Decision” as Want to Read:
The Power of Decision

The Power of Decision

Published September 1st 1996 by DeVorss & Company (first published June 1968)

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Decision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of Decision

Brian Johnson
Feb 03, 2016 Brian Johnson rated it it was amazing
“Success and failure are results of the use of mind. Every success-motivated mind has been a decisive mind. Every failure-motivated mind has been an indecisive mind. Only the dreamer who acted with decision on his dream brought forth something new and valuable.”

“All of this is already in you. The great use it. The non-great do not, so they remain the non great. Decide upon some thing, situation, or condition that you want right now in your present life. Be definite in this decision. Do not limi
Amazing. It sounds cliche but reading this book truly changed my life. I thought it would force me to make a decision. Instead, it taught me the power of making decisions and convinced me to actually make them. It gave me permission to make them. No, it demanded that I make them, or else live a half-life.

"Indecision is the decision to fail." This is just one of the hard-hitting, no-nonsense statements Barker makes. He speaks in short, bold sentences, never shying away from his message and his be
Adam Fletcher
Aug 01, 2011 Adam Fletcher rated it it was amazing
Barker's deft analysis and charge for action is changing my life, right now. Amazing.
Jan 11, 2014 Dynthia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marcella R. Zappia
Simple But Clear Ideas for Easy Living

I think Dr. Barker clearly understands and explains the power of decision and it's link to everyday life and happiness. We truly control our lives by our decisions or lack thereof. Having studied Science of Mind for years, this was a great reminder of how simple it is to control our lives and live happily. If we stay stuck it is clearly our fault and our decision to stay stuck.
Nov 09, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing
Barker’s is very readable little book which is closely aligned with the principles of the much more complex and heavy-going Science of Mind by Ernest Holmes, to which I espouse. This book was a breath of fresh air compared to the density of the latter, and I was inspired again by the premise of reprograming my subconscious mindset through decisive, affirmative thought. He provides processes for treating the subconscious blocks to happiness, health, living richly and creatively and pretty much su ...more
Oct 01, 2014 Roshan rated it really liked it
This is a special book. Its a really important reminder or realigner. It talks to you and is a balm for your thoughts. Its meaningful, insightful and it doesn't feel flowery inspite of its uplifting touch.
Elizabeth Olson
Mar 26, 2011 Elizabeth Olson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2011, spiritual
Accessible language, clear thinking, and ideas easily put to practical application make this one of my all time spiritual favorites, one I return to time and again. Barker was a giant in New Thought philosophy, and with the timeless wisdom in "The Power of Decision", he remains so today.
Jun 08, 2013 Laughygab rated it it was amazing
Absolutely beautiful! Changed my life and thinking; initiated the realization that the decision to be fully the self that you love and deeply want to be precedes all others!
Rion rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2011
Judy Kennedy
Judy Kennedy rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2015
Molly rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Paul rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2015
Tiffany Bowens
Tiffany Bowens rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2013
Barb rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Angelica Taggart
Angelica Taggart rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2015
Tiffany Bowens
Jan 21, 2013 Tiffany Bowens rated it it was amazing
A must read!
Debbie D
Debbie D rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2014
Kris rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2009
Jeanette Joy Fisher
Jeanette Joy Fisher rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2012
Darian Szandor
Darian Szandor rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015
Kathy Turner
Kathy Turner rated it really liked it
May 04, 2016
Lynda rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2013
Richie rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2014
Meghan rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Brian Johnson
Brian Johnson rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2008
Trudi White
Trudi White rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2012
Alan rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2013
Lana Ray
Lana Ray rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Anthony Leung
Anthony Leung rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Spiritual Economics: The Principles and Process of True Prosperity
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
  • This Thing Called You
  • The First 30 Days: Your Guide to Any Change (and Loving Your Life More)
  • Thresholds of the Mind
  • The Man Who Tapped the Secrets of the Universe
  • Positive Addiction
  • The Power of TED (*The Empowerment Dynamic)
  • Harmonic Wealth: The Secret of Attracting the Life You Want
  • The Other 90%: How to Unlock Your Vast Untapped Potential for Leadership and Life
  • The Gifted Adult: A Revolutionary Guide for Liberating Everyday Genius(tm)
  • Everyday Enlightenment: The Twelve Gateways to Personal Growth
  • Meditation for the Love of It: Enjoying Your Own Deepest Experience
  • Attitudes of Gratitude: How to Give and Receive Joy Every Day of Your Life
  • Lighten Up: Love What You Have, Have What You Need, Be Happier with Less
  • It's Not about the Money: Unlock Your Money Type to Achieve Spiritual and Financial Abundance
  • Selected Writings