Start by marking “How to Write a Book That Doesn't Suck and Will Actually Sell: The Ultimate, No B.S. Guide to Writing a Kick-Ass Non-Fiction Book” as Want to Read:

Learning how to write a book is easy. Learning how to write a book that doesn't suck and can actually make you money -- and set you up for a full-time writing career is harder.

But it's nowhere near impossible. And it's far more do-able than you can imagine.

The trouble is, most books offering tips on how to write a book fail to address two key considersations:

1) Most sel
Published January 31st 2014

Be the first to ask a question about How to Write a Book That Doesn't Suck and Will Actually Sell

Tony Jr.
Jan 22, 2016 Tony Jr. rated it it was amazing
A great little book I've read three times now. It is full of great ideas, tips and tricks for writing your book, making a good cover, crafting a great title and more. While reading this book I found myself shaking my head in agreement as well as laughing out loud. It will entertain you as well as enlighten you.

***If you are easily offended by the occasional swear word or straight forward language I would look else where. Although I simply ignore it and extract the principles being taught others
Heather Mims
Oct 25, 2014 Heather Mims rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-have
There are a few useful tips here, though the snarky comments about other authors are rude and unnecessary... not helped by the constant references to left-brained people being "anal." I found this especially tacky in a book that's supposed to be about helping people with their writing, something that should be handled with tact and sensitivity.

Not recommended.
Joseph
Oct 19, 2016 Joseph rated it liked it
This book is a little gimmicky and simplistic (i.e., mine the table of contents, check bestseller lists),
but is also entertaining with tips and tricks that are surprising useful. The author possesses a great voice with a good balance of sarcasm and wit.
Paul Evans
Apr 17, 2014 Paul Evans rated it it was amazing
Straightforward and entertaining

Fun read that gets to the point and shows you exactly why, what, and how. I've never considered myself a writer and this book gives me a great framework to use that makes sense and makes me want to write.
Hannah
Aug 01, 2016 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Great book

Great info in a fun, quick read way. Wish I would have found this sooner! Will check k out his other books now :)
Brice
Brice rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Natalya
Natalya rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Jeff Korenak
Jeff Korenak rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2015
Malika
Malika rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2015
Sharn McNeill
Sharn McNeill rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Allen Bagby
Allen Bagby rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2016
David
David rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Lori Carter
Lori Carter rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2015
Amanda Rothman
Amanda Rothman rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2015
Lars
Lars rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2014
Ransome Campbell
Ransome Campbell rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015
Thea
Thea rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Hill Krishnan
Hill Krishnan rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2015
Mohammad
Mohammad rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Stephanie Cortes
Stephanie Cortes rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Anne Marie
Anne Marie rated it liked it
May 23, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2015
Sleep Compass
Sleep Compass rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2015
Jose Batista
Jose Batista rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Debra
Debra rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Beth Jackson- king
Beth Jackson- king rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2014
Allen Shaw
Allen Shaw rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2014
Tim
Tim rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2015
Michael Ngo
Michael Ngo rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Connor Fitzpatrick
Connor Fitzpatrick rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2015