Lessons in Rule-Breaking

Lessons in Rule-Breaking

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Journalist Jess has always followed the rules when it comes to her career:

1) Never say no! Trying to extract a tell-all interview from bad boy of the art world Xander Heaton might be her own worst nightmare, but she's just going to have to grin and bear it!

2) Absolutely no flirting on the job--professionalism is key to a journalist's success. Even if Xander does have her i...more
Published May 1st 2014 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Lessons in Rule-Breaking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons in Rule-Breaking

Desere
We have all had some form of unpleasant encounter with those "always stick to the rules" kind of people in life. They are so focused on doing exactly what the rules of others say or making sure their own rules are followed, that it never makes for any fun at all

The person appears too strict and just down right boring, and for me I always want to shout out " Live a little!". We all know rules are good, in one's personal life and in a professional setting, so never think that rules are not necessa...more
Jelena Bosh
I absolutely loved everything about this story, I just wish there was more - that it was longer!

Actual rating - 4.5

I could not get enough of the great chemistry between Xander and Jess, from the first time they meet, I had a smile on my face by how Christy McKellen perfectly managed to develop two completely different personalities. But at the same time, those two different personalities complimented each other so well.

Xander had a bad upbringing but he is a naturally amazing artist so when his...more
Tiffany Do
*Thanks very much to the author who gave me a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Jess, a junior staff writer at Spark magazine is on the verge of losing her job; however, she has one more chance by her boss to keep it if she is able to get close to Xander Heaton, a great artist whom is known for his great masterpieces as well as his womanizing. What Jess didn't expect was her attraction for Xander. Trying to keep it on a professional level, she didn't expect that their relat...more
Cheryl M-M
Taking the most intimate of moments and sharing it with the world is the deepest betrayal for some and the greatest expression of love for others. For Xander it is the most natural thing in the world to want to create and then share that creation with others.

Unfortunately Jess doesn't see it the same way. That disconnection in itself is enough to reason to back away from a potential relationship. Trust isn't something you can just conjure up in a heartbeat once it has been chewed up and spat on....more
Anita
This was a cute little story about living life by your own rules and not letting how others view you define who you are. Jess has been going through life following the rules. She's prim and proper and has a very strict view of the world in terms of herself. However, to save her job, she's forced to step out of her comfort zone by interviewing bad boy artist Xander Heaton.

Xander comes by his reputation honestly. After a less than stellar childhood, he finds himself making it big as an artist and...more
June
The story was good. Two people who help each other realize their worth and importance in life and that the things they hid behind most of their lives was not what made them who they were.

There were a lot of sexual encounters in the story which kind of ruins it for me. But for
Those who like that kind of stuff, the story was well written with plenty of emotion and earth shattering discovery.
Krithika
* This book was given to me in exchange of a honest review (R4R)*

This is a quick and light read.xander is a talented artist who is going through a tough time and jess a I-Strictly-follow-rules journalist are the 2 main characters.

Jess shows xander there is more to life than proving himself to someone ans Xander shows jess how to live and have fun.
Heather andrews
Xander I loved them, "he laughed, the sound rumbling low in his chest. "Is my reputation really that bad?" He leant forward in a conspiratorial manner. "Don't worry, I'm not going to rip your clothes off and ravish you - unless you ask me really nicely," he added with a flirtatious eyebrow raised." He has issues with his woman staying in a crappy hotel, "I have four spare bedrooms at the villa. It's ridiculous for you to stay in this dump when there's so much room at my place." He also has no pr...more
 Sandra
Lessons in Rule-Breaking lives up to it's title. It is a tightly written story with good characters. Some
characters surprise and some are predictable. It is worth the time to read it and a great summer read. Enjoy
it. I did.
Medavis66
I enjoyed this book. It was a light and quick read. Seeing Xander become the man he does at the end is wonderful. I liked how he taught Jess to let go and enjoy life.
Karen
Wendy Jensen
An easy read book you can finish reading fast. Rich guy and a basically nobody meet and the sparks fly but there is a bit more to the book than that. We find out what has motivated Xander and why Jess is also the way she is. Sit back and immerse yourself in this book.

I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Heather
This was a nice quick read. Very sweet book with a relatable heroine. Zander was flirtatious and funny and I thought he was a good match for Jess. The writing was well done and kept me engaged. This is my first book by Christy McKellen; I would read other books by her in the future.
Christy Bravo
Very sey and sweet. A fast paced and sexually charged story of love. Can't wait to read more from this author.
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Pinky
Pinky marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Mehwish Imam
Mehwish Imam marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Nina Milne
Nina Milne marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Jizzle Joyce
Jizzle Joyce marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
  • Her Client From Hell
  • Beach Bar Baby
  • Return of the Viking Warrior
  • Taming Romeo (Sanchez Sisters #1)
  • The Black Chapel
  • Unwed and Unrepentant (Armstrong Sisters, #5)
  • Lawless
  • Sheikh's Scandal (The Chatsfield, #1)
  • The Reunion Lie
  • Hot, Rich and Dominant - The Complete Collection (Hot, Rich and Dominant, #1-6)
  • For His Eyes Only
  • Bound by Sacrifice (The Road to Ruin, #1)
  • Duty Bound (The Protectors, #1)
  • Torrent (Condemned, #1)
  • Broken (The Beyond Love Trilogy #2)
  • Luke (Forbidden Lust, #1)
  • Heart of Steele (Hot Country, #2)
  • Human Evolution: A Pelican Introduction (Pelican Books)
B.K. (Before Kids) Christy worked as a Video and Radio Producer in London and Nottingham. After a decade of dealing with nappies, tantrums and endless questions from toddlers, she has come out the other side and moved into the wonderful world of literature. She now spends her time writing flirty, sexy romance with a kick (her dream job!).

In her downtime she can be found drinking the odd glass of...more
More about Christy McKellen...
Her New Worst Enemy Holiday with a Stranger Fired by Her Fling Summer Heat: 10 Spicy Romances that Sizzle Harlequin KISS March 2014 Bundle: Waking Up Pregnant\Holiday with a Stranger\The Plus-One Agreement\For His Eyes Only