Start by marking “Lessons in Rule-Breaking” as Want to Read:
Lessons in Rule-Breaking

Lessons in Rule-Breaking

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Journalist Jess has always followed the rules when it comes to her career:

1) Never say no! Trying to extract a tell-all interview from bad boy of the art world Xander Heaton might be her own worst nightmare, but she's just going to have to grin and bear it!

2) Absolutely no flirting on the job--professionalism is key to a journalist's success. Even if Xander does have her i
Published May 1st 2014 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Lessons in Rule-Breaking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons in Rule-Breaking

Desere
We have all had some form of unpleasant encounter with those "always stick to the rules" kind of people in life. They are so focused on doing exactly what the rules of others say or making sure their own rules are followed, that it never makes for any fun at all

The person appears too strict and just down right boring, and for me I always want to shout out " Live a little!". We all know rules are good, in one's personal life and in a professional setting, so never think that rules are not necessa
Jessica Gilmore
This was an absolutely lovely read and I enjoyed every second of it. Jess is a bit of a control freak (I can relate to that!) but is so buttoned up that she's in danger of losing her much loved job on a glitzy magazine. Interviewing bad boy artist Xander is her last chance to show her editor that she has what it takes. Xander meanwhile is smarting over lacklustre reviews for his last exhibition and his playboy lifestyle is no longer filling the gaps - maybe Jess is the one to help kickstart his ...more
Jelena Bosh
I absolutely loved everything about this story, I just wish there was more - that it was longer!

Actual rating - 4.5

I could not get enough of the great chemistry between Xander and Jess, from the first time they meet, I had a smile on my face by how Christy McKellen perfectly managed to develop two completely different personalities. But at the same time, those two different personalities complimented each other so well.

Xander had a bad upbringing but he is a naturally amazing artist so when his
Tiffany Do
*Thanks very much to the author who gave me a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Jess, a junior staff writer at Spark magazine is on the verge of losing her job; however, she has one more chance by her boss to keep it if she is able to get close to Xander Heaton, a great artist whom is known for his great masterpieces as well as his womanizing. What Jess didn't expect was her attraction for Xander. Trying to keep it on a professional level, she didn't expect that their relat
Cheryl M-M
Taking the most intimate of moments and sharing it with the world is the deepest betrayal for some and the greatest expression of love for others. For Xander it is the most natural thing in the world to want to create and then share that creation with others.

Unfortunately Jess doesn't see it the same way. That disconnection in itself is enough to reason to back away from a potential relationship. Trust isn't something you can just conjure up in a heartbeat once it has been chewed up and spat on.
Anita
This was a cute little story about living life by your own rules and not letting how others view you define who you are. Jess has been going through life following the rules. She's prim and proper and has a very strict view of the world in terms of herself. However, to save her job, she's forced to step out of her comfort zone by interviewing bad boy artist Xander Heaton.

Xander comes by his reputation honestly. After a less than stellar childhood, he finds himself making it big as an artist and
Isabel
I received this book and in exchange I had to write an honest review so here it is.

Lessons in Rule-Breaking is such a fun read! I was hooked from the very first page until the very end page and when it finished I was left there wanting more!

The character development is huge in this book and just reading about the characters develop into such great characters was so fun!

Christy McKellen wrote this book so well. There was humour, there was sad parts and there was adorable love. I felt so much emo
June
The story was good. Two people who help each other realize their worth and importance in life and that the things they hid behind most of their lives was not what made them who they were.

There were a lot of sexual encounters in the story which kind of ruins it for me. But for
Those who like that kind of stuff, the story was well written with plenty of emotion and earth shattering discovery.
Krithika
* This book was given to me in exchange of a honest review (R4R)*

This is a quick and light read.xander is a talented artist who is going through a tough time and jess a I-Strictly-follow-rules journalist are the 2 main characters.

Jess shows xander there is more to life than proving himself to someone ans Xander shows jess how to live and have fun.
Heather andrews
Xander I loved them, "he laughed, the sound rumbling low in his chest. "Is my reputation really that bad?" He leant forward in a conspiratorial manner. "Don't worry, I'm not going to rip your clothes off and ravish you - unless you ask me really nicely," he added with a flirtatious eyebrow raised." He has issues with his woman staying in a crappy hotel, "I have four spare bedrooms at the villa. It's ridiculous for you to stay in this dump when there's so much room at my place." He also has no pr ...more
 Sandra
Lessons in Rule-Breaking lives up to it's title. It is a tightly written story with good characters. Some
characters surprise and some are predictable. It is worth the time to read it and a great summer read. Enjoy
it. I did.
Medavis66
I enjoyed this book. It was a light and quick read. Seeing Xander become the man he does at the end is wonderful. I liked how he taught Jess to let go and enjoy life.
Karen
Wendy Jensen
An easy read book you can finish reading fast. Rich guy and a basically nobody meet and the sparks fly but there is a bit more to the book than that. We find out what has motivated Xander and why Jess is also the way she is. Sit back and immerse yourself in this book.

I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Heather
This was a nice quick read. Very sweet book with a relatable heroine. Zander was flirtatious and funny and I thought he was a good match for Jess. The writing was well done and kept me engaged. This is my first book by Christy McKellen; I would read other books by her in the future.
Christy Bravo
Very sey and sweet. A fast paced and sexually charged story of love. Can't wait to read more from this author.
Bernadetta Tya
Another sweet and happy ending story. Guarantee a smile on everyone readers :)
Rettah
Rettah added it
Feb 12, 2015
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Ksenia
Ksenia marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Chavenna Rooi
Chavenna Rooi marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Amber-Lynne Courtemanche
Amber-Lynne Courtemanche marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
  • Must Like Kids
  • Backstage with Her Ex
  • Driving Her Crazy
  • The Guy to Be Seen With
  • The Taming of a Wild Child (LaBlanc Sisters #2)
  • Secrets & Saris
  • Her Man in Manhattan
  • The First Crush is the Deepest (Girls Just Want to Have Fun #1)
  • All Bets Are On
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • First Time for Everything
  • For His Eyes Only
  • What the Paparazzi Didn't See
  • One More Sleepless Night
B.K. (Before Kids) Christy worked as a Video and Radio Producer in London and Nottingham. After a decade of dealing with nappies, tantrums and endless questions from toddlers, she has come out the other side and moved into the wonderful world of literature. She now spends her time writing flirty, sexy romance with a kick (her dream job!).
More about Christy McKellen...
Her New Worst Enemy Holiday with a Stranger Fired by Her Fling Bridesmaid with Attitude Und Morgen Früh Küss Ich Dich Wach! (Julia 4)