Start by marking “Swept Away by the Tycoon” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Swept Away by the Tycoon

Barbara Wallace

Swept Away by the Tycoon (Best Friends #2)

A woman who's been burnt... Chloe Abrams has had quite enough rejection for one lifetime. These days, she's flying solo!

A man who needs hope... Former soldier Ian Black was once the king of Manhattan. Then his PTSD caught up with him and his whole world crumbled. Now he's on a mission to rebuild it.

A love worth risking everything for! Ian sweeps Chloe off her feet and make
ebook, Harlequin Presents, 256 pages
Published May 1st 2014 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Swept Away by the Tycoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swept Away by the Tycoon

Donna Alward
May 27, 2014 Donna Alward rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've really been enjoying this trilogy of Barb's! I love the strong heroines and damaged heroes, and Chloe and Ian are wonderful together. When you finish one of Barb's books, you don't get the sense that everything is happy ever after; instead you get the far more satisfying feeling that this couple will face trials and stand the test of time. Don't miss out on this one!
Bette Hansen
May 01, 2014 Bette Hansen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely enjoyed this book. Damaged and broken, Ian is trying to make amends and taking one day at a time. Chloe is discouraged and convinced she will never find love. When their worlds collide everything changes! This was a great story with intriguing characters, a fast pace, and a wonderful story. You couldn't help but cheer for Ian and Chloe and it definitely left me smiling. Highly recommended read.
Susan
Good book. Chloe hasn't had good luck with the men she's dated, so she has decided to take a break from men for awhile. Then she meets Ian, a guy who hangs out at the coffee shop she goes to every day. He teases her, he tells her she deserves better than she's gotten, and is easy to talk to. She thinks of him as "The Slacker" at first, because he's always there and doesn't seem to have a job. Ian is trying to put his life back together. After several years in the military, he put what he learned ...more
Jamie Schmidt
Jun 29, 2014 Jamie Schmidt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick, touching read. I enjoyed Ian & Chloe's story -- or Ginger and Curlielocks, I should say. The romance was sweet and the story kept me turning the pages and wanting more. I picked up the next book "The Man Behind the Mask." and am reading it next.
Harlequin Books
received 4 1/2 stars @ RT Book Reviews
April Kane
Cute, little romance between a recovering, driven alcoholic (Ian) and a tough, independent career woman (Chloe). The cover though is all wrong for this book. I would assume the Ian, the male lead is in his late 30s or early 40s and he supposed to have red/blonde hair. Also where are Chloe's curls? You can't have a character nicknamed "Curlilocks" and not have her pictured with curls. I still liked the book I just wished the cover was a more accurate representation of the major characters in it.
Judy
Dec 30, 2014 Judy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars rounded up to 4. A stupid title for a book that was a surprisingly good read. This is Chloe's story if you've read "The Man Behind the Mask" also by Barbara Wallace. But, this is a total standalone and can easily be read without also having read the other story (although "The Man Behind the Mask" was a really good read also).
Nancy Reynolds
Jul 29, 2014 Nancy Reynolds rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two damaged people coming together and make each other better. Totally enjoyed this book. I found the give and take between the hero and heroine very stimulating - as did they. I loved it. Will definitely be reading a lot more by this author.
Karen Kirst
Jul 05, 2014 Karen Kirst rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really, really liked the hero and heroine. Their emotional story draws the reader in and refuses to let go! Read it in one evening.
Julie theriault
Nov 19, 2015 Julie theriault rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Swept away by the tycoon is an excellent book. This is the second time I've read this book and just as good and interesting as the first time I've read it. A book worth reading
Carolyn
May 21, 2014 Carolyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Nice little romantic read.
Offauna
Offauna rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Stacey
Stacey rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2016
Margaret Kimberly
Margaret Kimberly marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Sophia
Sophia added it
Aug 20, 2016
Ilovebooks
Ilovebooks rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2016
Valeria
Valeria rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Macarena Osses
Macarena Osses marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
TSN
TSN rated it did not like it
May 09, 2016
ANGELIA
ANGELIA marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Ruth  Wilson
Ruth Wilson marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Hina
Hina marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Lou
Lou marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 23, 2015 11:45AM
Barbara Wallace has been a life-long romantic and daydreamer so it's not surprising she decided to become a writer at age eight. However, it wasn't until a co-worker handed her a romance novel that she knew where her stories belonged. For years she limited her dreams to nights, weekends and commuter train trips while working as a communications specialist, PR freelancer and full-time mom. At the u ...more
More about Barbara Wallace...

Best Friends (3 books)