Start by marking “The Child of Judas” as Want to Read:
The Child of Judas

The Child of Judas (Mavrakis #1)

"I would never have chosen you!"
Heraklion spoke with contemptuous cruelty. "However, the fates have worked it so that I find myself your husband. And as you are a fairly presentable female I might as well make the most of you. I must demand yur total submission, awe and respect. It is my right to expect this from you - my wife!"
Wife...the word sent a shock through Fenny. T
Paperback, Mills & Boon Romance #1130, 186 pages
Published May 1976 by Mills & Boon (first published February 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Child of Judas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Child of Judas

Aayesha Khatri
Oct 12, 2013 Aayesha Khatri rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trope-large-age-difference, romance-contemporary, heroine-i-admired, theme-greek, bad-tempered-hero, pregnancy, businessman, greek-tycoon, heroine-was-frustrating, heroine-is-abused, romance-angsty, heroine-has-emotional-scars, alpha-hero, hero-is-an-ass-to-heroine, heroine-i-disliked, theme-english, trope-plain-jane, shy-heroine, virgin-heroine, trope-married-couple-romance, sex-after-marriage, kissing-but-no-sex, h-in-love-with-hero-from-beginning, heroine-goes-out-with-another-guy, destitute-heroine, hero-is-tortured-brooding-cynical, trope-mistaken-identity, hero-is-a-workaholic, heroine-is-hardworking, harlequin-vintage, rich-guy-poor-girl-theme, moody-hero, hero-i-hated, harlequin, setting-island, trope-married-in-haste, setting-exotic, heroine-understanding-sympathetic, hero-in-love-with-someone-else, heroine-is-dense, ruthless-all-or-nothing-businessman, heroine-never-complains, heroine-is-a-doormat, trope-pregnancy, heroine-is-kind-selfless, mills-and-boon, mills-and-boon-vintage, setting-palace, helicopters-and-planes, heroine-runs-away-from-hero, heroine-was-suppressed, hero-is-unnecessarily-cruel, hero-is-an-ass-even-acc-to-my-stand, no-hea-for-these-two, uber-trainwreck, wallbanger, i-want-2-cut-off-his-balls-n-shove, hero-does-not-deserve-heroine, hero-is-physically-abusive, hero-is-verbally-abusive, forced-seduction, heroine-tstl-even-acc-to-my-standar, heroine-with-no-self-confidence, overall-awful-feel-read, overall-this-book-gave-me-cancer-fe, trope-ow-involved, trope-om-involved
Oh. My. God. I never thought that a day would come where I'd find myself bitching about the hero instead of the heroine. I never thought it was possible. I mean ME, the HEROINE hater, HATING A HERO.

But there you go. I fuckin' HATED this guy. Hated him in a I'ma-draw-and-quarter-him-chop-his-d-into-tiny-little-pieces-and-feed-em-to-the-eagles-and-his-balls-to-the-ducks. I don't think I've ever read a hero more of an asshole than this one, other then Carl in 'The Odds Against'. NOW THAT ONE TOOK T
Jacqueline
5 crazy old skool stars. As far as I can tell it was first published in 1976 but I think it must have at least been written a few years before that since the author kept referencing the hero being a boy just after "the War" which I think must have been WWII.

Okay talk about crazy. The heroine sneaks and marries the hero when her cousin leaves him at the altar. Because of a super heavy veil all unbeknownst to the hero. When he finds out he is livid. There are lots of threats, insults and what not.
Tishke
Aug 27, 2014 Tishke rated it liked it
3 stars because of all the emotions I felt while reading this book, mostly anger and few times a lump in my throat. Lion needed at minimum another full chapter to get me behind his character. I picked up this book because the main characters were the secondary characters in Love is the Honey, Zonar's story and the little reference about how Fenny tricked me intrigued me. I expected certain level of cruelty but he was poison. The only reason I could not hate him was because of all he did for his ...more
Janice
Something about this book just pulled at my heartstrings! Was the hero cruel? YES! Was the heroine stupid? YES! Oh well, maybe it was the mood I was in, but it brought tears to my eyes.
Rachel
Vintage
Okay, I find it ironic that Violet W never married, a fact that I found Googling her after this book.

Anyhoo, Fenny takes the place of her trampy cousin in the marriage to uber-alpha Lion, the Spartan hero. Nope, he's not just a Greek, he's Spartan. Oy vey. Thank goodness for heinous 70s wedding styles as no one knows the wrong bride shows up. At all. She conveniently faints so she never makes it to the reception.

Let's just say that Lion is not pleased with this substitution. Poor Fenny never r
sbf20112011
Jul 02, 2015 sbf20112011 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars -- totally old school and over the top! The end was super abrupt though -- I almost felt like it was missing pages or something? They should have resolved more, and I feel like Kassandra could have seen something else in the heroine's palm that could have had the story ending on a slightly happier note. Still, a fun, silly read.
Gege86
Jul 09, 2015 Gege86 rated it it was amazing
No matter what, this novel will always be one of my favorite. First time I read it I was maybe sixteen or seventeen, and until this day it still bring back happy memories. love it.
❤️☘♡Dinna Ken♡☘❤️
1 star..

Welp! This is a warning I'm about to commence ranting, so here it is..

I'm thinking this is actually a 1-star story that could be considered as a 5-star guide to painting a doormat-heroine!

I mean, don't get me wrong, this had a HUGE potential to be something beautiful!! But... oh well.

And by the way, this star was only earned because I used to adore this book when I was in my teens, which was a LONG time ago!! And now that I've read it again; here's what I have noticed..

1- The hero is a c
Chantal ❄️
Oct 11, 2015 Chantal ❄️ rated it did not like it
I have nothing good to say about this book but that it ended. I did not feel he loved her at all and the whole baby thing was crazy. He just wants to sleep with her for a while cause all he really wants is a baby!!! That's the whole truth he will leave her after he has had his full cause she can't have babies because of him. I did not like her either I am sorry but she was not a heroine she was a whipped dog that I hated!
Roseromance
Sep 30, 2015 Roseromance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is one of my favorite harlequin ever
i love it so much

Leigh
Nov 04, 2016 Leigh rated it did not like it
I don't think that it's very realistic from the start.
I don't like the H. Actually I prefer the h with her brother in law.
I enjoyed their banter...

"You owe him a great deal, Zonar. You should remember that."

"I don't forget it," he assured her. "He's a great individual - subtle, unpredictable, partly masked and maddening. I'd kill for him!"

"Yet you - " Fenny bit her lip. "You'd like to make love to me, his wife."

"And be accursed for it, being a Greek whose brother's wife must be sacred." He g
Tiger
Aug 29, 2013 Tiger rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There is something in this book that I like, though I cannot put my fingers onto it. I know that the other readers will disagree if I say that, it would have been better if she ended up with Zonar instead? Can't help it though. Aside from the fact that she loved Lion before they got married, there is nothing in the story that mentioned any moment to indicate that he developed any feelings for our heroine; Whereas there are more scene between Fenella and Zonar. I find it weird that after the bomb ...more
Tiger
Aug 29, 2013 Tiger rated it it was ok
Lede
Oct 13, 2014 Lede rated it it was ok
Love the Mills and Boon cover lol! I actually liked this crazy hero but wished the heroine ended up with his brother, they were actually more suited.

No chemistry, waste of a wicked Hero.
Nina M. Y.
Nina M. Y. rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2014
Ann Claire
Ann Claire rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Beeg Panda
Beeg Panda rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Trishelle
Trishelle rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2014
Ashaaa
Ashaaa rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Cathy Norfin
Cathy Norfin rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2015
fiasco
fiasco rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2013
‎شروق إلهامى
good drama, good conversation in some parts, Boring repetition in some parts and weak end.
Cherry
Cherry rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2012
Kritika Singh
Kritika Singh rated it it was ok
Apr 30, 2014
Zahra Alrubai
Zahra Alrubai rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2016
Mona
Mona rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Javes
Javes rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Nada Gamal
Nada Gamal rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2011
Jackie
Jackie rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • A Man to be Feared
  • Wife by Agreement
  • Never Call It Love
  • Saved from Sin
  • Bedded And Wedded For Revenge (Modern Romance)
  • Uncertain Destiny
  • The Devil's Arms
  • Fiesta San Antonio (Cord & Stacy #2)
  • Bond of Hatred
  • A Lingering Melody
  • In Name Only
  • The Perfect Sinner (The Perfect Crightons, #6)
  • The Sheikh's Defiant Bride (Sheikh Tycoons, #1)
  • His Majesty's Mistake (A Royal Scandal, #2)
  • Princess From The Shadows (The Santina Crown, #6)
  • A Night of Living Dangerously
  • The Fire of Spring
  • The Marriage Deal
Violet Winspear was born on 28 April 1928 in London, England. She worked in a factory since 1942, when in 1961 she sold her first romance novels to Mills & Boon. In 1963, she became a full-time writer. She wrote from her home in the south-east England, that she never left, but she meticulously researched her far-flung settings at the local library. She never married, and had no children, but ...more
More about Violet Winspear...

Mavrakis (2 books)