Start by marking “Ah-Choo” as Want to Read:
Ah-Choo

Ah-Choo

Relates the consequences of an elephant's sneeze.
Published January 1st 1977 by Puffin Books (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Ah-Choo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ah-Choo

Nicole Fellows
Jun 18, 2008 Nicole Fellows rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Fun wordless picture book! The elephant gets put in jail because he sneezed and ruined everything. Then he sneezes again and gets himself out of jail. In the end he gets the girl too because she sneezes and he offers her a hankerchief. The pictures do a great job of showing the emotions of each of the characters which in my opionion, makes the whole story. I think kids would love it!
Ciera
Oct 02, 2012 Ciera rated it it was amazing
I love that this book's illustrations were all black and white, and looked to be drawn by a pen or pencil. The only words in the entire book were "Ah-Choo!" It shows a poor elephant getting into trouble, and sneezing along the way. The fact that the illustrations are simple in color and eleborate in detail give readers a new outlook on picture books.
Katrina
May 16, 2008 Katrina rated it it was amazing
This book was great. It is wordless but the emotions and details in the pictures perfectly show what is going on. It has humor and teaches about fairness, mercy , and justice. The elephant is way cute too!
Ta'Mera
I think that students would like this book. The pictures are black and white and the book is really a simple.
Michelle
Jun 19, 2008 Michelle rated it liked it
I thought it was a cute book, but I would have liked it to have color and I would like the picture's to be bigger.
Danielle Miskin
May 07, 2008 Danielle Miskin rated it really liked it
Very cute! Creative, good pictures that can tell the story. Elephant sneezes,ruins everything, gets put in jail, gets out by sneezing, steals the girl because she sneezes too. Cute and funnY!
Cana
May 28, 2010 Cana rated it really liked it
Mommy says: No words other than "Ah-choo" in this book, but it is adorable. Even good readers will like it, but those who don't yet read will love it!
Sam
Jan 08, 2009 Sam rated it it was ok
Shelves: wordless
This book was simple. The illustrations were black and white. The story will make children laugh and can be used when teaching about the different senses.
Lauren
May 07, 2008 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Even though the book didn't have any words, I loved the events that took place. Even though the elephant got in trouble for sneezing, in the end it all worked out.
Sydney Drinkwater
Sydney Drinkwater rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2016
Linda Becher
Linda Becher rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2013
Nojood Alsudairi
Nojood Alsudairi rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2008
Jenn S
Jun 11, 2010 Jenn S rated it liked it
Shelves: toddler
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2015
Rachel Ayers
Rachel Ayers rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Cosette
Cosette rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Cherie
Cherie rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Laura rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2012
Ami Hoe
Ami Hoe rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2008
Mary Luzader
Mary Luzader rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2015
C.
C. rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2014
Laina
Laina rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2015
Kass Johns
Kass Johns rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2012
Barbara Gilpin
Barbara Gilpin rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2011
Chris March
Dec 04, 2010 Chris March rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chris by: Scott McCloud
Amusing picture book with characters that come to life while hardly saying a word.
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2008
foo4luv
foo4luv rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2011
I began illustrating books in 1966. Since that time I have published over 300 books. Most of my books are about things that happened to me when I was a little kid. Now I'm a big kid and I write about things that happen now, especially with my own children. They always remind me of what it was like.

I was born in Arkansas in 1943. Boy, that was a long time ago! It's real fun to be an old kid. Then m
More about Mercer Mayer...