3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Published February 2nd 1983 by Pocket

To ask other readers questions about Crisis Investing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crisis Investing

Harv Griffin
This book was useful to me because it made me think about investing in a new way.

The book is copyright 1979 - and most of its predictions do not come true, even approximately, within his time frame. Or any time frame. Yet.

One take-away that changed my thinking: SAVING is not useful; INVESTMENT is where it's at. And Odd-Ball Think-outside-the-box investment is the way to go.

Right now, October 2012, I'm not entirely sure that we have avoided THE GREAT DEPRESSION 2.0 - It just may take longer for t...more
Trent Rock
I read this book to see how "accurate" Casey was with regards to the Crisis of 2008..he was about 25% right....some of the predictions were spot on...like the bailouts....most of the book hinges on a linear growth of inflation..by Casey's "projections"..we should be at about 50% inflation!!! This is a decent book to read in hindsight..nothing groundbreaking..I like the way he recommends CUSTOM KNIVES as an investment!! Casey was a visionary in that sense...
Yevgeny Babynin
Yevgeny Babynin marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Rick
Rick marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Mike Ford
Mike Ford marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Steve
Steve is currently reading it
Aug 08, 2013
Amr Hossni
Amr Hossni marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Abdulrahman
Abdulrahman marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2013
Vicarious
Vicarious marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2012
Ben
Ben added it
Aug 18, 2012
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2012
J
J added it
Apr 23, 2012
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2012
Pieteradejong
Pieteradejong marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2012
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2010
Hakija
Hakija marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2009
The International Man: The Complete Guidebook To The World's Last Frontiers: For Freedom Seekers, Investors, Adventurers, Speculators, And Expatriates Strategic Investing Crisis Investing:  Your Profits And Opportunities In The Coming Great Depression The expatriate investor International Investing