Start by marking “Murder in a Heat Wave (Martha Patterson, #3)” as Want to Read:
Murder in a Heat Wave (Martha Patterson, #3)

Murder in a Heat Wave (Martha Patterson #3)

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  3 reviews
If you are upset that you couldn’t get tickets for the world championship boxing bout, ask a friend to invite you to her next co-op apartment board meeting. The language may be more controlled than a left to the chin, but the passion behind it is sometimes no less fierce.

Returning from a visit to her son’s family in California, retired attorney Martha Patterson steps out
Published March 12th 2003 by Minotaur Books (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Murder in a Heat Wave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder in a Heat Wave

Kristin
The co-op president has been murdered and his next-door-neighbor, a retired estate attorney, is on the case. There are plenty of people in the building who are angry with the co-op board, so there are plenty of suspects. An old Greeky kylix twists into the mystery as well.

It's been a long time since I read a cozy mystery and this book helped remind me why I never read them. Ok, it wasn't actually that bad, but there really wasn't all that much suspense. The culprit was the coziest suspect, so th
Sandy
When I saw the title, I knew I had to read it. But Puleeze! It takes place in NYC. They are suffering in 80 degree heat!!!!!
In Texas, we are too hot to get up the energy to murder any one (unless it is in air conditioned comfort, of course!).
Carole Workman
This was an OK mystery it sort of dragged.
Marley
Nancy
Nancy added it
Jan 10, 2013
Linda Miller
Linda Miller marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2012
Bbsteph
Bbsteph marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2011
Wanda
Wanda added it
Mar 08, 2010
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2010
Christina T
Christina T marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2010
Gretchen Burnham Sprague was a legal services lawyer in Brooklyn, New York, for eleven years. She retired to the Hudson Highlands to write the Martha Patterson mysteries. Sprague died in an accident in 2003.
More about Gretchen Sprague...
Death by Thunder Death in Good Company (Martha Patterson, #1) Question of Harmony Maquette for Murder (Martha Patterson, #2) Signpost to Terror