Start by marking “All the Pretty Dresses” as Want to Read:
All the Pretty Dresses

Read Book* *Different edition

All the Pretty Dresses

Can a thirty-one-year-old single mom, the first female deputy ever hired in her county, succeed in her unexpected appointment as county sheriff? It's a question Cass Rosier must answer not just for her fellow deputies and the citizens of Nicholas County--but also for herself. At issue: someone is killing attractive young women, and leaving them for her to find. Strangely, ...more
Published February 11th 2014 by New Horizons Press/Publishers, LLC (first published February 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about All the Pretty Dresses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Pretty Dresses

Evon
I loved this book! I highly recommend it! I was sad to see it end, and hope for a sequel to this book! The characters came alive to me, and the book thoroughly kept me entertained, and waiting to see how it would end!!
Amy Jones
Apr 05, 2014 Amy Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All The Pretty Dresses follows underdog Sheriff Cass Rosier as she nabs neighborhood pedaphiles, serial killers, and cheating husbands. Once her best friend (and recent divorcee) Sam Martin joins her, it's double the fun in a romping serial killer mystery that includes gorgeous dresses, hot and heavy love scenes and plenty of womanly sass to combat a murderer and Sam's idiotic ex-husband. Sam and Cass are smart, dignified women who put their "women's touch" into high gear to catch a murderer who ...more
Leslie
Jan 03, 2015 Leslie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cops, mystery
This book left me confused about its intended genre. Parts of it are an epic police procedural about the hunt for a serial killer. Parts are a Thomas Harris esque reveal of the serials killers actions that are quite disturbing. Then parts are heavily tinged with a Christian message; both protagonists are divorced but for the most egregious reasons. Yes the story is compelling, albeit a little far fetched. But there isn't enough of something to make it great.

The setting in rural West Virginia is
Catherine Putsche
This book has it all – An exceptional ingredient of suspense, mystery, and thriller all in one go.
I'd challenge anyone to try and put this book down when you start to read the opening chapters – As I definitely couldn’t.
Cass Rosier, is a well developed character who I felt I could instantly relate to. She is strong with a good methodological approach using her analytical and critical eye in narrowing down the when and where. She has all the qualities of a real life heroin, while struggling to es
Martha
Apr 03, 2014 Martha rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book to support a local author. It was a very suspenseful book but I was shocked and disgusted by the vulgar language and unthinkable violence and perversions. Granted those things happen, but it doesn't have to be written in a book that can be purchased by just anyone. It should be in an adult bookstore. The spelling, grammar and editing were horrific. I've read books with typos but this book had so many errors on every page it was unbelievable. I've read better rough draft ...more
Sue Hart
Jul 16, 2015 Sue Hart rated it it was amazing
All the Pretty Dresses was set up with great suspense. Later it became more explicit in "how" beautiful women had been treated by this serial killer and the steps it took to catch him. The female sheriff is good at her job and knows how to use her people to get the job done. The added romance helped to take the edge-of-your seat suspense out for a breather while worrying about their safety. It hit all the angles of a great Steven Clark book. It's in a must read category.
Rashmi Pant
A serial killer is on the loose.. a new female Sheriff has to prove her mettle and a civic lawyer (coming out of a bad marriage) plays amateur investigator. All in all, while there is nothing that I can point out as wrong with the book, it failed to captivate me. I wonder therefore, if it was just my flunky mood or the book?!!
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Readers can be assured of some nail-biting moments.

Read full review in the 2016 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Geof
Oct 09, 2015 Geof rated it it was amazing
Terrific. Well done Steven. You have a new fan. I absolutely loved your characters and cannot wait for the next adventure.
Sorry folks, no spoilers here but I urge you to read this book. It has everything that a good thriller should heve.
Peggy Morton
Jan 03, 2015 Peggy Morton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

I enjoyed this book very much. I liked the characters and the way they worked together to figure out who the murderer was. I also liked the twist at the end. The only thing that detracted a little from the story was the spelling errors.
Patricia Contreras
Loved the story. Was a little surprised with some of the detail. Steven Clark is an exceptional person I am looking forward to the next book.
Tina
Dec 22, 2014 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by this author. I was very enchanted with the story. It had great ebbs and flows. I look forward to reading more of this authors work.
Marilyn
Jan 03, 2015 Marilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

the way the murders happen it seems as there are no clues untill things come to getter.the ending is all about police work.
Mary Nichols
Jun 15, 2015 Mary Nichols rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read!

This book was exciting and kept me on the edge of my seat. Excellent who done it story. I would highly recommend.
Amber
Apr 09, 2014 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. It kept me fully entertained wanting to know what was going to happen next. I fully recommend it. I can't wait for his next book.
Mahlysah Snyder
Mahlysah Snyder rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Lissa McCabe
Lissa McCabe rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2015
Patricia Guy
Patricia Guy rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Cassie
Cassie rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Mardy Hall
Mardy Hall rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2015
LYNNE HARRIS
LYNNE HARRIS rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2015
TexasBelle
TexasBelle rated it it was ok
Deb
Deb rated it it was amazing
Nicky Garven
Nicky Garven rated it it was ok
Anca Perieteanu
Anca Perieteanu rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Becky Jensen
Becky Jensen rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2014
  • Cypher
  • Past Imperfections
  • Penthouse Man
  • Bird of Prey (Sémya Slotin Mystery, #1)
  • Found (Matt Royal Mystery #8)
  • Cat in the Flock (Dreamslippers #1)
  • The Quiet Kill
  • Feeling Death (The Death Trilogy #1)
  • Land Sharks - A Swindle in Sumatra (Land Sharks, #1)
  • Dangerous Paradise (Dangerous Millionaires)
  • The Tipping Point: A Wainwright Mystery
  • The Rocking Horse
  • Trouble in Paradise
  • The Case of the Questionable Quadruplet (Safe Harbor Medical Mysteries Book 1)
  • Riverside Blues
  • Her Greatest Risk
  • Bleeders
  • Lady Hope and the Duke of Darkness
Award-winning author, Steven J. Clark, is a former businessman and trade newspaper publisher. His debut novel, All The Pretty Dresses, was published in Feb, 2014 by New Horizons Press/Publishers, LLC. All The Pretty Dresses earned a top ten finish in the 2014 international Critique My Novel book competition.

Clark's second novel, published in April of 2015, is called Wages of Greed, and is a John
More about Steven J. Clark...