Start by marking “Frankie & Al” as Want to Read:
Frankie & Al

Frankie & Al (Frankie's Series)

Dumped by his boyfriend, Frankie Mason goes out with the girls, gets totally trashed, and ends his night by falling in front of a taxi. He’s rescued by a man with beautiful green eyes who takes care of him until he’s put into an ambulance. Frankie curses himself as he realizes he doesn’t have the man’s phone number. Still in pain a few days later, he is dragged out to a ...more
Published March 21st 2014 by Dreamspinner Press (first published March 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Frankie & Al, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frankie & Al

A Case of Possession by K.J. CharlesAlways by Kindle AlexanderBroken Pieces by Riley HartBall & Chain by Abigail RouxStay by Riley Hart
Best M/M Romance Published in 2014
269th out of 648 books — 1,533 voters
Tell Me It's Real by T.J. KluneShattered Glass by Dani AlexanderThe Lightning-Struck Heart by T.J. KluneMuscling Through by J.L. MerrowI'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal Rose
Funniest M/M romances
105th out of 226 books — 350 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
What can I say about this novella? I'll describe it in three words: Cute, British, rushed.

My first book by Sue Brown and it was a very pleasant experience. This was a fun story with tons of British lingo (Manky being my favorite), and a nice little relationship between the two MCs.

Was it very memorable? Not really.

Did I think that Al was a bit too stalkerish and bossy? A little.

Did the relationship between the guys seem to progress too quickly? Yes, I think so.

Did it seem odd how often Franki
Mandy*reads obsessively*

Now why does no one ever help me out like that? Hmmm...
Anyway, it's a little fast in the relationship department and a lot cute, Frankie is funny and endearing and dare I say clumsy or maybe just unlucky in walking?
And Al is a bit domineering and possessive of Fran
SheReadsALot
Only 30 minutes left to get Frankie and Al by @suebrownstories for FREE in our #tweetaway http://t.co/eHwtGeuqiP #gayromance

Ends 11/4/14 - 10a EST
Debra
Apr 08, 2014 Debra rated it really liked it

This was a quick, fun no angst read. Al keeps finding Frankie when he is not at his best. Frankie doesn't remember their first meeting but after the second/third meeting, he isn't going to let the man with the gorgeous green eyes get away again. Funny, sarcastic Frankie is the stand out character here that kept me smiling through the story. Al is a bit overly possessive, but clearly has Frankie's best interests at heart.
R * A Reader Obsessed *
Feb 09, 2015 R * A Reader Obsessed * rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Self proclaimed twink Frankie has sworn off relationships, believing being single and having fun is the best way to live. That is until he's rescued thrice by "Green Eyes" Al.

This was a lot fast in the insta-love, a little rough around the edges, simple and uncomplicated. Entertaining enough.
Candice
Aug 09, 2016 Candice rated it liked it

While this story wasn't bad, it had its funny and quirky parts it was just okay for me. Some things just didn't make sense and seemed thrown in. Felt like it was just events that kept happening with Frankie with other characters thrown in instead of a flowing story. (view spoiler) Unfortunately, for me it just seemed to be missing something.
Anke
Mar 30, 2014 Anke rated it really liked it
Nice, fun little story. I liked Frankie a lot, he totally came to life, contrary to Al, who remained a bit aloof. I couldn't really see Al's 'dominant side'. I felt a bit ambivalent about their falling in love; on the one hand I think it was too fast and I couldn't really see what it was that Frankie fell in love with. On the other hand it bothered me that Al didn't say ILY back.
Rosa, really
Short, sweet, Brit lit fix.
Yvette
2.5 stars I do not know what the hell I am reading, this book is all over the place and the story line makes no sense what so ever. I have read the other books in the series and this is the only one that has left me so disappointed. I love Sue Brown but I'm not sure she though out the plot well enough when she was writing this one. Since I read the books out of order (Anthony and Leo, Jordan and Rhys then Marchant an Ed) it seems to me that she really didn't need to write a story about Frankie ...more
Sara
This story was exactly what I needed. Light, fun, sexy and easy to read.

I loved Frankie and his perchance for disaster. If he didn't have that quirk, how could Al come to his rescue time and again. Al is strong, possessive and determined and what's hotter than that? Sure, this is total insta-love but that was what I wanted, I wanted the low angst and the instant attraction to all consuming passion and love and that's what I got.

"Is it always going to be like this?"
"Like what?"
"You making de
Nic
Mar 01, 2015 Nic rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. Easy to read with nice appealing characters. I related to the corporate components of the story - I'm sure I've worked in an office just like Frankie's and been sent off to similar team-building retreats! The stand out for me was the humour in the story. Frankie was cute and Carol was a blast. I wasn't overly sold on the relationship between Frankie & Al but they were good together, making this a light and fun, easy read.
Trisha Harrington
3.5 stars.

I liked the MC's.

I enjoyed the relationship between them.

I laughed a couple of times.

And two of the secondary characters were great.

Frankie and Al was a nice story, a bit shorter than I would have liked and the ending left me hoping there would be even a small follow up. Just to hear those three words from Al too.
Silkeeeeee
Nice, cute, cotton candy read. It is a British story but not some much that you have to look up what things mean. Insta-love between a klutz and an overly protective guy.
Susan Laine
Apr 10, 2014 Susan Laine rated it it was amazing
Frankie is accident-prone, plus he’s been dumped by his boyfriend with a text and has had too much to drink. Naturally, at his lowest point, that’s when he meets the perfect man. And that’s just the start of the story.

Most of the story, Frankie’s physically broken, his hip making his life hard. That, plus the dick at the office and the mandatory work weekend, and he’s in living hell. The only plus side is Al, the man with the green eyes who keeps saving him time and again. Both men, as the whole
Pjm12
Frankie initially is very funny and adorkable. Even though he's been treated badly he picks himself back up and keeps going.

His interactions with both work mate Charlotte and later on, Carol are just as much as fun as when he jokes around with bff, Johnno. The girls hold their own.

Al is introduced strangely, but his stalkery, domineering ways are balanced with his care for his mother and protectiveness of Frankie, so I was happy that he found and fell for Frankie even if it was quick and dirty.

F
Izzy
Mar 28, 2014 Izzy rated it really liked it
One of the things I enjoy in Sue Brown books are the characters and Frankie and Al are both highly loveable men. Frankie, the twenty-nine year old ‘twink’ and Al a team player, working for a team building/ motivational skills company who feels the need to dominate and care for Frankie from the outset. However, there is no real back story to either of these characters. This story is very much about the now, an interlude in these men’s lives, which leads them to find each other and what may be, a ...more
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Mandy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
4 Hearts

See Review Here: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hearts...

Review: I loved the blurb for this one, it sounded like a cute, fun little read. And that it was.
Frankie seems to always need rescuing when Al is near. And Al is more than happy to save Frankie and while he's at it, he might as well kiss him. Now why does no one ever help me out like that? Hmmm...

Anyway, it's a little fast in the relationship department a
Claudia
Oct 25, 2015 Claudia rated it really liked it
***Audiobook review***

This book is sweet and funny!! I had a great time listening to it.
When Frank was hit by a car, “Mister Green eyes” was the one to rescue him until the ambulance arrives… what could have being a tragic scene was so funny, because Frank was in the sidewalk, hurting, and all he could think was that he wanted “Green eyes” to take him home… lol
Watching Frankie and Al meet again was priceless, since they keep meeting by accident all the tim
Manda
Nov 03, 2016 Manda rated it it was ok
Sam Evans
Mar 28, 2014 Sam Evans rated it really liked it
This is another lovely read from Sue Brown. Frankie leapt off the page. His interactions with with work colleagues and his best friend in particular.

Very cute and very British which made me like it more.
K
Jul 05, 2016 K rated it really liked it
Shelves: uk-authors
first read November 2014. re-read as I now have the rest of the series.

3.5 stars rounded up
fluff but cute fluff
Isabel
Apr 07, 2014 Isabel rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, funny, m-m
Review later!
Jilrene ♥
Oh, it's so sweet. I love both MCs and the story.
Leaundra
Shelves: m-m
2.5 Stars
Shelley Chastagner
Nov 29, 2016 Shelley Chastagner rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Loved the snarky Frankie. His mind rambles more than his mouth. While Frankie makes me laugh, Al makes me swoon. The guy is all kinds of romantic. Very enjoyable book. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.
Adult read
Tinnean
Dec 02, 2016 Tinnean rated it really liked it
I don't know why I thought I'd read this before, but whether I did or didn't doesn't matter. It was fun and I enjoyed it.

Al was a sweetheart, and I love how he shut Frankie up. And as for Frankie, I especially enjoyed he. He was a real hoot!

Kathy
Sep 25, 2014 Kathy rated it really liked it
I have been a fan of Sue Brown and her books for quite some time. Frankie and Al is a little different from her other books I’ve read, but still, just as enjoyable. This was a sweet and short story, packed full of laughter, excitement, and a full cast of great friends. Frankie is kind of a walking accident waiting to happen. If that is not bad enough, he was recently dumped by his boyfriend thru text message. What will he do now? He feels too old to play the twink role, he’s not really ...more
Becky Condit
Apr 14, 2014 Becky Condit rated it really liked it
Tootsie reviews Frankie and Al by Sue Brown

REVIEW: I have been a fan of Sue Brown and her books for quite some time. Frankie and Al is a little different from her other books I’ve read, but still, just as enjoyable. This was a sweet and short story, packed full of laughter, excitement, and a full cast of great friends. Frankie is kind of a walking accident waiting to happen. If that is not bad enough, he was recently dumped by his boyfriend thru text messa
Helena Stone
Nov 28, 2015 Helena Stone rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, m-m, bdsm, novella, fiction
Anybody following my reviews will realise that only yesterday I shared my thoughts on Jordan & Rhys, the fourth title in Frankie’s Series. Yes, I am a ‘bad’ girl for only now reading the first book in that quartet, but it is most definitely a case of better late than never.

Frankie and Al was sweet, fun, quirky and very enjoyable. It is hard not to fall like a ton of bricks for accident prone Frankie, even if most if not all of his mishaps are of his own making. How can you not develop a sof
Dreamspinner Press: Frankie & Al by Sue Brown 1 4 Mar 24, 2014 12:06AM
  • Hot Mess
  • But Not For Me
  • Patient Privilege
  • Run for the Roses (Circles #1)
  • First Flight
  • Sweet Giordan, Please Remember (Hearts in Reverie #1)
  • Servitude
  • Fallout
  • The Magic Broom
  • A Gay Romance (A Gay Series #1)
  • Spring Affair (Seasons of Love, #1)
  • Late Bloomer
  • The Fall (The Fall #1)
  • Wrestling Demons (Brandt and Donnelly Caper, #2)
  • Spaghetti Western (Delectable #5)
  • Wild and Precious (Wild and Precious, #1)
  • Dissonance (Blue Notes, #6)
  • The Trouble With Tony (Sex in Seattle, #1)
Sue Brown is owned by her dogs and two teenagers. When she isn't following their orders, she can be found plotting at her laptop.

Sue discovered M/M romance at the time she woke up to find two men kissing on her favourite television series. The series is long gone but the kissing was tender and Sue had a lightbulb moment.

Since then she has written many stories hoping to recreate that tender momen
More about Sue Brown...

Frankie's Series (4 books)
  • Ed & Marchant