Start by marking “Amber Rain” as Want to Read:
Amber Rain

Amber Rain

Sixteen-year-old Ellie Lauder doesn’t belong. Although she has grown up in the underground shelter with the descendants of those who survived the amber rain, their rejection drives her to a dangerous course of action. She flees outside to a vast wilderness that, according to what she’s been taught, shouldn’t even exist.

A young adult, post-apocalyptic science fiction adven
Published February 3rd 2014

To ask other readers questions about Amber Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amber Rain

Ginny Lurcock
Early on in the book, I was pretty sure it was going to leave me dissatisfied. I mean, I hated Ellie so it stood to reason that an entire book about her would rub me the wrong way.

Instead, what I got was a rather unique take on the post-apocalypse.

Told from two perspectives, "Amber Rain" is the tale of what can happen when people take two very different courses in the wake of an apocalypse. How they adapt, grow, and survive. And how the best of the best still have a lot to learn.

It was a quick
Charlotte
Jul 02, 2014 Charlotte rated it liked it
I got this book for free from the author.

Another dystopian future book where a girl has to go out in the real world and survive with help from her new friends/family.

The story had a very good flow, but it was predictable. The story didn't really hold my attention, and there were times when I would have to read things a couple times to completely get it.

it was an ok book overall.
Amber
Jan 09, 2015 Amber rated it it was amazing
Amber Rain is a beautifully crafted masterpiece painted by a delicate grace that can only be found in self-discovery and unconditional love. The feelings that were invoked throughout this incredible journey were felt within the depths of my soul. This is a simple yet astonishing story of a hope that will never die, a determination that doesn’t understand failure, and a heart yearning to be set free. What you experience will stay with you, and you will be better for it.

Ellie has only known a simp
Gypsy Madden
Jul 02, 2014 Gypsy Madden rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely piece and can certainly be read by younger audiences, but with some violence (but by nowhere in the league of violence as Hunger Games). It holds the attention as Ellie struggles with dealing with her classmates to her discovering a new world and struggling to find her place within the new community as well to discovering who she is and growing as a character. And it even follows the girl she got mistaken for as she also tries to fit in with a different environment. I especially ...more
Sharon Hughson
Aug 16, 2014 Sharon Hughson rated it really liked it
This is a 3.8 star book. I love the premise but I couldn't suspend my disbelief with the shallow character motivations. Also, the ending came too quickly and tried to hard to wrap everything up into a perfect bow. Lazy and unbelievable.
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
May 27, 2014
Nadine S
Nadine S rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Theresa Krys
Theresa Krys rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Star
Star rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Susie Bennett
Susie Bennett rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Erica Barrios
Erica Barrios rated it did not like it
Jul 15, 2014
Tiffany
Apr 11, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars...would definitely enjoy more
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2014
Tonnya
Tonnya rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was ok
Aug 25, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Anjades
Anjades rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2014
Sherry D
Sherry D rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2014
Janice Clark
Janice Clark rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Sarah Elizabeth
Sarah Elizabeth rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Lynn Duxbury
Lynn Duxbury rated it did not like it
Jan 18, 2016
Jessica Baker
Jessica Baker rated it really liked it
May 02, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2016
Parker Cole
Parker Cole marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Karolinde (Kari)
Karolinde (Kari) marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Pammy
Pammy is currently reading it
Jan 01, 2015
Celesta Thiessen
Mar 29, 2015 Celesta Thiessen added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jessica Kelley
Jessica Kelley marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Terra
Terra marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Carol Brewer
Carol Brewer marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Dick Yarzab
Dick Yarzab is currently reading it
May 31, 2016
When she's not donning her secret identity and saving the world, Thiessen keeps busy writing her next novel, reading something beautiful, teaching high school English, drinking coffee, cycling, and hanging out with her family - husband, kiddies, and miniature schnauzer.

More about Alyssa Thiessen...