Start by marking “Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)

Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley #5)

Return to Valentine Valley, where Christmas lights are twinkling and first love burns brighter the second time around...

When Tony De Luca's ex, Kate Fenelli, waltzes through the door of his tavern and pulls up a bar stool, she turns his balanced world on end. Once they'd been each other's first love, first everything. But then life happened, and they walked away with broke
Published October 28th 2014 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley, please sign up.

Shelley It can definitely be read as a stand alone novel. Each book in the series focuses in a different character and doesn't require the reader to know all…moreIt can definitely be read as a stand alone novel. Each book in the series focuses in a different character and doesn't require the reader to know all the previous characters. (less)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

4 'second chance at love' stars!

Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley is the 5th book in Emma Cane's Valentine Valley series. These are small town, contemporary romance stories with lots of heart and plenty of steam. This time it's Tony and Kate's turn to shine, and to get a second shot at love.

Blurb...
26/12 - Sitting on three stars at the moment, but I think if I had read the previous books in the series it's likely it would be four.

My main complaint is that Tony and Kate got divorced for a reason and I'm unsure whether their problems are being/will be properly addressed to really allow for them to get back together. Sure, they still have the attraction, but as Kate said, that was never the problem to start with. It was a matter of not talking and never having time for each other and I don't
KatLynne
A Christmas story with a small town setting and a second chance at love for divorced couple, Tony and Kate. I admired how well they worked together sharing custody of their now teenage son. And while I never fully connected with the heroine, I did enjoy the sexy hero:)

This is my first read by Emma Cane. I like her writing style and look forward to trying more in this series.

Andrea Guy
Dec 11, 2014 Andrea Guy rated it it was amazing
I love stories about second chances, especially when they are marriages that have gone wrong. It is easy to see that Tony and Kate need a second chance. Neither of them have really moved on from their divorce. They both are good parents, but they need something and that is obviously the other one.

They have been divorced nine years, so there's a lot of life that's gone on. The thing I liked the most was that it was Kate that was the part time parent. She wanted a high powered career as a lawyer,
Lover of Romance
When Tony's ex wife, Kate, comes into town, he is blown away, Valentine is the last place he would ever expect her to be. Then when she starts to share everything that's on her mind, and the reason she is here, he still can't believe it. They have been divorced for nine years, and share a son. Tony has never been able to fully get over Kate, but having her choose her career over him was hard to swallow, when they stopped talking to each other, he knew it was a matter of time before they would ...more
Samantha
Nov 18, 2014 Samantha rated it really liked it
Ms. Cane is back with a sweet, engaging second chance romance brimming with small town charm.

Kate Fenelli is driven and career focused. She is a successful lawyer making her way in Vail, Colorado. One of the most important cases of her career is proving to be more challenging and when she uncovers dirt that she shouldn’t have, her firm places her on a sabbatical. She heads back home to Valentine Valley to sulk and figure out how to pick back up the pieces.

Tony De Luca is surprised to see his ex-
Kristine
Oct 23, 2014 Kristine rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advance readers copy from Avon via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

I have to say that this was my first holiday book of the season and I enjoyed every second of this second chance romance. From the large cast of characters to the beautiful setting of Valentine Valley, it provided exactly what I was in the mood for to get the holiday season started. It is book #5 in the Valentine Valley ser
Sharon Redfern
Oct 26, 2014 Sharon Redfern rated it it was amazing
When Kate and Tony married, they were young and so in love. After a few years of her in law school and a new baby, the love isn't enough to keep them together and they divorced. Tony returned to Valentine Valley and opened a business and Kate went on to become a high powered attorney with a big name firm. Their son Ethan divides his time between them. Now Kate has come back to Valentine after being forced to take a two month sabbatical because of a disagreement with her firm's partners. After ...more
Ann  Lorz
This is a wonderful story of second chances. I usually don't care that much for love once lost type of books but I did like how Ms. Cane handled this one. It shows how when you grow, your needs change. This is a wonderful series!
Karen
Shelves: romance, christmas, 2016
Valentine Valley Rules.
Gaele
Nov 13, 2014 Gaele rated it really liked it
It isn’t often that people get a chance to ‘try again’ after a long separation. Emma Cane brings us a second chance at romance with two people who split to chase their dreams, knowing that staying together wouldn’t be good for them or their son.

Kate is an attorney, and when she left Tony to take a position in the city, she thought she was getting a chance at her dream. Now years later, she has been put on sabbatical by her firm after questioning some decisions and results. With two months of fr
Smitten
Nov 16, 2014 Smitten rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Smitten by Books Blog

Marina
Apr 23, 2016 Marina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this 3.5-4 stars. Sweet story.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler
Note to Self;Colorado
Tony De Luca(tavern owner,bartender,divorced)+(ex-wife,lawyer)=(their son,13yo),
Monica Shaw(twin sis,30yo,florist,flower shop owner,activist,pal)+ Travis Beaumont(35yo,Secret Service agent,ex-Marine,divorced,bro,pal1),
Melissa Shaw(Missy,activist,twin sis,CNN reporter,30yo)+Royce Ames (lead advance secret service agent counter sniper team,pal1),Janet Shaw(mom,ac
Roberta Capizzi
Nov 14, 2014 Roberta Capizzi rated it liked it
I love Christmas stories, small town settings and second chance romance. This book has it all. The setting is beautifully described, making the reader feel in Valentine Valley and see all the beautiful decorations, feel the snow flakes and the chilly wind. I think the author's way of describing the setting pulls you right in, even if you've never been to Colorado (I haven't, but I could very well imagine every detail).
I liked the hero more than I liked the heroine. It took me a long time to real
Books and Spoons
Aug 09, 2016 Books and Spoons rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story of little town living, the first love, second chances, and Christmas miracles.
This story has so many outstanding aspects to it, it was a joy to read every minute.
The Valentine Valley with its lovely inhabitants, the Widow's, the families, the circle of friends, it is a tight knit group, that lives and love, and support each other. The whole concept of 'it takes a village' is truly lived with this community, and they made me smile, what a joy!
Tony and Kate were each others
Jane
Jan 01, 2015 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
I have discovered many new authors from Goodreads and Emma Cane is one of them. This is a great story about second chances. Kate Fenelli and Tony De Luca got married very young when she discovered she was pregnant. Unfortunately, due to lack of communication and being very young they each had different goals in life. Tony was laid back and content to focus on their new son. Kate was very driven almost obsessive. All she wanted was to be the very best lawyer she could be and missed much of ...more
Lynda
Jan 17, 2016 Lynda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Divorcee and mother, Kate Fenelli returned to her childhood home in Valentine Valley Colorado for the Thanksgiving holidays. On edge about her forced sabbatical, Kate had to face her family and her ex-husband, Tony De Luca. Shared custody of their son Ethan was easy but the impact of ongoing encounters with Tony was another matter. His good looks and kindness were hard to resist, add in the smoldering memories and a second chance at love was a real possibility.

“Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley”
Eileen
Nov 25, 2014 Eileen rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, nook
This is a second chance love story for Tony and Kate. She's returned to Valentine Valley for a 2 month work sabbatical and is at loose ends. Her job as a lawyer and a case has put her in a difficult position and she goes home to be near her son and family, plus the ex-husband. Its been 9 years since the divorce but there has never been anyone serious for both Tony and Kate.
This was a good little story with familiar faces and new ones for a story told around the holidays. It is hard facing the pa
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
This installment of the Valentine Valley series features two very strong characters. Kate and Tony have been in love with each other since childhood, but are very different in character. They married too young and did not listen to each other enough. Nine years later, they are grown up and successful, more importantly, they are a little more willing to bend. The plot is well-crafted, making this story difficult to put down. Valentine Valley is full of memorable characters, and I am looking ...more
Michele
Dec 16, 2014 Michele rated it really liked it
“But we’re not dating or making plans, right? We’re not expecting anything of each other. We’ll take each day as it comes.”
He rolled onto his side, taking her into his arms and speaking between kisses. “And comes…and comes…and comes.”

Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley is an incredibly touching second chance romance in which our hero and heroine finally move past the anger and hurt of their divorce, and give in to the love and passion that never went away.

Emma Cane’s Valentine Valley series is so e
Cara
Dec 09, 2015 Cara rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars for a story that reunited parents of a 13-year-old boy who had been divorced for nine years. I appreciated that the leads were in their mid-30s and more mature than a lot of contemporary romance leads. Tony and Kate's process of reuniting was done slowly but felt so genuine and was well worth the wait. Both characters were devoted parents and very decent human beings that grew up and matured nicely.
The book is a great one to read during the holiday season as it takes place between Than
Cathy Genna - 2013 RWA Bookseller of the Year
I love this small town of Valentine Valley. Emma Cane has created a cast of characters you simply fall in love with.
It's my opinion that Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley rocks the series so far! A story of young, first love that left two people broken with their son Ethan being shuffled between two homes. Kate's fears and ambition sent her on a different path.

Nine years later Tony DeLuca's ex wife Kate Feneli comes back to her home town and fate takes them through s series of life changing eve
Shelley
Jun 01, 2016 Shelley rated it it was amazing
Loved every page. It's a cute contemporary romance with a holiday theme set in a fictional small town in the Colorado mountains. Christmas is so not a holiday I get excited about but that didn't detract from my enjoyment and it was nice to give my brain a rest. Tony reminded me of Luke from Gilmore Girls and that's never ever a bad thing. Swap out diner owner for tavern owner and baseball cap for cowboy hat and that's about all the difference between the two beefcakes. Emma Cane is a new author ...more
Margaret
Kate and Tony are divorced for over nine years. But since they share a son together they became good friends. Then when Kate gets put on a sabatical from her job she goes home for the holidays.
Throughout the book Kate tries to clear her name from her job and even become better friends with Tomy. She also wants to get closer to her son and spend more time with him.
By the end of the book however Kate and Tony realize that they are still in love with each other.
I did like this book. However it was
Merceda
Jan 02, 2015 Merceda rated it really liked it
Kristi Lewis
Jan 21, 2015 Kristi Lewis rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book. I loved Valentine Valley and all the fun community Christmas festivities. I wanted to go there! Kate & Tony were destined to reunite, sparks were flying everywhere. And her reconnecting with her hometown, family and friends. I loved all the characters!
I'm a sucker for a sappy Christmas story, but this one was a fun read and hard to put down.
Emma Cane spins a good story. I haven't read any books by her before this, so now I need to check out more of her books.
Jan Mcleod
Apr 05, 2015 Jan Mcleod rated it really liked it
This is Tony and Kate's story. They married too young and she was pregnant. They thought you only needed love to live, but four years later they divorced. She is a very successful lawyer and he owns the sports tavern in Valentine.
She is misjudged by her law firm and put on a two month sabbatical, so she moves back to Valentine Valley. Slowly, self-realization and priorities come into focus for both of them, and the future takes o a new dimension.
Bette Hansen
Mar 15, 2015 Bette Hansen rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story!! Town pub owner Tony DeLuca never thought he would live in the same city as his ex until she shows up in Valentine. When they divorced eight years ago his heart was in shreds but he's over her now. At least he thinks he is.......

This is a great addition to the series and I highly recommend it to everyone!
Christine
Mar 31, 2016 Christine rated it really liked it
It was heartbreaking how these characters' relationship turned out, although I firmly believe Kate is more at fault that everyone gave her credit for. The real winner in all this was their son. I liked Tony's relationship with him. It was refreshing from other books that I've read, where the father is the deadbeat.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Sweet Cowboy Christmas (Sweet, Texas, #3.5)
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas (Twilight, Texas, #6)
  • The Trouble with Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #1)
  • The Night Belongs to Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #6)
  • Mistletoe on Main Street (Briar Creek, #1)
  • When Love Happens (Ribbon Ridge, #3)
  • Last Chance Family (Last Chance, #8)
  • Everything She Wanted (The Hunted, #5)
  • Once Upon a Christmas Kiss
  • Christmas at the Gingerbread Café (The Gingerbread Café, #1)
  • Just A Taste ( The O'Learys #5)
  • The Christmas Wish (Heart of Montana, #2)
  • Maybe This Christmas (O'Neil Brothers, #3)
  • Right Wrong Guy (Brightwater #2)
  • The Governess Club: Louisa (The Governess Club, #4)
Emma Cane grew up reading and soon discovered that she liked to write passionate stories of teenagers in space. Her love of “passionate stories” has never gone away, although today she concentrates on the heartwarming characters of Valentine Valley, her fictional small town in the Colorado Rockies.

Now that her three children are grown, Emma loves spending time crocheting and singing (although not
More about Emma Cane...

Valentine Valley (7 books)
  • A Town Called Valentine (Valentine Valley #1)
  • True Love at Silver Creek Ranch (Valentine Valley, #2)
  • The Cowboy of Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #3)
  • A Promise at Bluebell Hill (Valentine Valley, #4)
  • When the Rancher Came to Town (Valentine Valley, #4.5)
  • Ever After at Sweetheart Ranch (Valentine Valley, #6)