Start by marking “Suspicion at Seven: A Lois Meade Mystery” as Want to Read:
Suspicion at Seven: A Lois Meade Mystery

Suspicion at Seven: A Lois Meade Mystery (Lois Meade Mystery #14)

Lois Meade has done enough buffing and polishing over the years with her cleaning business, New Brooms, to know that all that glitters is not gold. So when a bag of costume jewellery is the main clue in a murder, she has a strong suspicion that appearances may be deceiving…

After a woman is discovered in the Mill House Hotel, strangled with a silver necklace beside a bag f
Published December 2nd 2014 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Suspicion at Seven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suspicion at Seven

Debbie Lester
Dec 10, 2014 Debbie Lester rated it it was amazing
Ann Purser brings readers the fourteenth book in her Lois Meade mystery series, Suspicion at Seven. Readers who enjoy a book with a leisurely pace and a quaint English setting will love this village style cozy. With everything from an authentic mill turned hotel to murder by necklace, this is a book that will tantalize the senses and get the readers mind going in a million different directions. A great entry in a long-running series!

What I liked:

I have read and reviewed several of Ann Purser's,
Erlyne
Apr 01, 2015 Erlyne rated it really liked it
As usual, Lois Meade charms in this sweet cozy mystery series. I was not as surprised by "who done it" in this particular book as I would like to be, but that didn't take away from the pleasure of reading the story and following the development of the characters and sub-plots. I am hopeful there will be others in this series so that I can see what happens next.
Jo Rushby
Dec 29, 2014 Jo Rushby rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: mystery readers
Recommended to Jo by: I have read the previous books
This is the 14th book about a lady who runs a cleaning business. Lois Meade likes to help the local police Inspector solves crimes in the village of Farden.
These books are an enjoyable light read.
Cathy
Nov 12, 2016 Cathy rated it liked it
Not as good as I hoped, but I still enjoyed it.
Fred
Nov 29, 2015 Fred rated it really liked it
Suspicion At Seven is the fourteenth book in the A Lois Meade Mystery series.

Once again Inspector Cowgill call on Lois Meade for help with the murder of Sylvia Fountain who was found strangled in her room at the Mill House Hotel. Suspicion falls on Donald Black as Fountain was thought to be Donald's mistress and the necklace she was strangled with is similar to what he handles. Black runs a pyramid type jewelry business, where an individual purchases a starter kit and has a couple demonstration
Debbie
Dec 13, 2014 Debbie rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
"Suspicion at Seven" is a cozy mystery. It's the fourteenth book in a series. You don't need to read the previous books to understand this story, and this book didn't spoil the previous ones.

This was a clue-based mystery. Whodunit seemed fairly obvious to me, especially as more clues occurred to confirm my idea. My only uncertainty was if the heroine was making a bad assumption or if she knew something I didn't. Turns out she was, indeed, overlooking something critical based on a bad assumption.
Peggy
Jan 12, 2015 Peggy rated it it was amazing
This Lois Meade mystery by Ann Purser,is one of the best in the series.
Lois continues to "ferrett" and drive Gran and her husband Derek nuts. But this time Gran also gets involved in a scheme with her friend Joan.

Lois becomes good friends with the one of the murdered victims,wife. And there by hangs the tail

This is I believe the 14th book in the Lois Meade series. I'm getting a little tired of Inspector Hunter Cowgill still mooning over Lois. I think it's time in the this series that the Inspect
Cathy
Mar 18, 2015 Cathy rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. The story was very good and the characters were very likable. My only problem I had is that Ann Purser writes in a very heavy British hand. And I read in a very American way. I found it took me longer to read this book because I first had to determine what it was Ann Purser was trying to describe in a sentence, and keep up with the story as well. But I am glad I muddled through and look forward to more books by Ann Purser.
Cheryl
Jan 10, 2015 Cheryl rated it really liked it
This is book 14 in the Lois Meade series. She runs a cleaning service and solves crimes on the side. In this one her friend who runs a bakery, husband is murdered. He runs a pyramid selling jewlery scheme and Lois's mother has been roped into it. Lois has to get her mother out of the pyramid and find out who murdered him and why. It was good and I look forward to the next in the series.
Marlene
Dec 30, 2014 Marlene rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
I've read all the titles in the series and enjoyed them. This one seemed a bit weak plotwise compared to others. Some sloppy editing and sharp, unexplained plot transitions didn't help.
Caroline Ingvaldsen
Jan 05, 2015 Caroline Ingvaldsen rated it liked it
Fourteenth in a long-running series of cozy mysteries featuring likeable Lois Mead and her New Broom team of inquisitive housecleaners.
Jerry Ramsey
Feb 21, 2016 Jerry Ramsey rated it really liked it
I always look forward to each book by Ann Purser, especially those in the Lois Meade series. I liked this book, but didn't think it was one of the best. Do hope there are more published.
Barbra
Feb 11, 2015 Barbra rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I have rounded up from 3.5 rating. A good cozy, but not great as is usual with this author. A little slow to start, but had a good finish.
Kathie
May 13, 2016 Kathie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much fun revisiting old friends. I thought I had the mystery figured out but hoped I was wrong. This was worth waiting for.
C.
Jan 02, 2015 C. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh WOW! This series is still intriguing and enjoyable! Love the whole Meade gang of characters. Now when "___ at Eight" being released?
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Diana Hayes
Diana Hayes rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Mary brown
Mary brown rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Norma Barrett
Norma Barrett rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Alyce J Riddle
Alyce J Riddle rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Lynn Lerch
Lynn Lerch rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2015
Greta
Greta rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Emmalee
Emmalee rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it it was ok
Sep 18, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Miss Dimple Picks a Peck of Trouble (Miss Dimple Kilpatrick #4)
  • Michelangelo: The Artist, the Man, and His Times
  • The Millionaire and the Mummies: Theodore Davis's Gilded Age in Egypt
  • Betty Doll
  • For Love or Money
  • A Plague of Poison (Templar Knight Mystery #3)
  • The Next Ex
  • The Devil's Seal (Sister Fidelma, #25)
  • Murder Casts a Shadow: A Hawaiæi Mystery
  • Shocking Paris: Soutine, Chagall and the Outsiders of Montparnasse
  • Liars Anonymous
  • The Self-Portrait: A Cultural History
  • Love Her to Death (Daytime Mystery, #2)
  • The Spook Who Spoke Again (Flavia Albia Mystery, #2.5)
  • Eye of Vengeance
  • Murder of a Lady (Dr. Hailey, #12)
  • Fault Line (Em Hansen Mystery, #7)
  • That Way Murder Lies (Mitchell and Markby Village, #15)
Ann Purser lives in the East Midlands, in a small and attractive village which still has a village shop, a garage, pub and church. Here she finds her inspiration for her novels about country life. She has only to do her daily shopping down the High Street to listen to the real life of the village going on around her.

Before turning to fiction, she had a number of different careers, including journa
More about Ann Purser...

Lois Meade Mystery (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Murder On Monday
  • Terror on Tuesday
  • Weeping on Wednesday
  • Theft on Thursday
  • Fear on Friday
  • [Secrets on Saturday] [by: Ann Purser]
  • Sorrow on Sunday
  • Warning at One
  • Tragedy at Two (Lois Meade Mystery)
  • Threats at Three (Lois Meade Mystery)