Start by marking “The Iron-Jawed Boy and the Hand of the Moon (Guardians of Illyria , #2)” as Want to Read:
The Iron-Jawed Boy and the Hand of the Moon (Guardians of Illyria , #2)

The Iron-Jawed Boy and the Hand of the Moon (The Guardians of Illyria #2)

My Official Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8EC-...
Discount Boxed Set: http://www.amazon.com/Guardians-Illyr...

Year 2301

One month has passed since the death of Lady Vinya. Since the night sky went black in the sudden disappearance of the Moon.

In the aftermath of the vanishing, the scales of the Balance have been disrupted and angered, the dark repercussions fel
Paperback, 1, 206 pages
Published February 14th 2014 by Createspace (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Iron-Jawed Boy and the Hand of the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Iron-Jawed Boy and the Hand of the Moon

Nikolas Lee
Feb 05, 2014 Nikolas Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Woot! The second book has come! And good gods am I excited :D

I see this book as more of a 1.5 than a full on TWO, though. It's shorter and more to the point than the first, but no less exciting, I assure you. I wanted it to be a more concise read that takes place over the course of a week, as opposed to its predecessor, which took place over the span of a year. I needed the first two books of this series to serve as a sort of slingshot into the third novel and beyond, since I have HUGE plans for
Kristalia Astari
Feb 23, 2014 Kristalia Astari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-finished
Wow the first book was good and I like it a lot, this book was better and I loved it! We are back with Ion his sister and the other Guardians as we visit the Island home of the Illyrian Gods so the new hand of the moon can be chosen. Lady Vinya Goddess of the moon and Ion’s mother has been killed and that leaves her throne open and the moon gone. A month after the end of book one we get to see the battle for the throne of the moon and of course Ion is in the middle of it. How should the new ...more
Kelly LaFleur
Mar 09, 2014 Kelly LaFleur rated it it was amazing
Shelves: god-goddess
STOP. STOP WHAT YOUR DOING AND READ THIS BOOK!

I was a huge fan of the first book and was more than happy when the second one came out. It had only been a month since I read the first book and I missed Ion and the other guardians, having them back was amazing!! I couldn't finish this book fast enough and then when I finally had finished it I wished I could have erased it from memory and read it again.

Once more The world Nikolas had made is absolutely amazing, and captivating. the book ended with
Lara Joy
Oct 01, 2014 Lara Joy rated it it was amazing
This book brought back the bookworm in me. And no I am not saying this just because I got a free copy to review. Honestly. I never been so excited for the next installment of a series after Harry Potter, until this.

Reading the book, I was exposed to a much deeper understanding of Ion's world. The Old Gods, friendship, betrayals and possibly surprises of enemy trying to save you. An added spice I may say. Never expected that one. But lo and behold, it happened.

I missed Vinya. And focusing now on
Kate
Aug 25, 2016 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-ebook, own-it
What a fantastic sequel to the Iron Jawed Boy, I found it to be just as good as the first; if not better. This book didn’t have the Percy Jackson feel about it like at the beginning of the first book either. The second instalment, picks up a month later from the previous book, where Ion is thrown unwilling into the competition to become the new Hand of The Moon. Even though it is shorter than the first, it is still fast paced, packed full with plenty of action, underhanded sneaky plots and the ...more
Theresa Miorin
Feb 21, 2014 Theresa Miorin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again, words cannot begin to describe how much I love this series. The author gave me the second book do an honest review just as he did for the first, and I am thoroughly impressed. The story keeps you on your toes trying to figure out what will happen next. At the end of a chapter, you want to continue because of the cliff hangers

Speaking of cliff hangers OMG the end of the book idek what to say. I'm in shock and confused. I had to read the last chapter again to make sure I read it right but h
Terri Christie
Feb 25, 2014 Terri Christie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Ion is found motherless... twice, and one was a God! The God of the moon and her throne now stands empty and someone must fill it!

I adore this second installment in the Iron-Jawed Boy series! We get to know the main characters more and meet new gods that add such viggar to the storyline. How many ways can one Guardian be pulled? These gods are testing those limits and the whole time we find ourselves cheering for him to do the right thing.

A great read, I wish it had been longer but that is o
Elizabeth Endres
The Iron-Jawed Boy is a fun romp through a brand new fantasy world. Lee smoothly introduced Ion, and his supporting characters, while creating a very unique world order.

I haven't read #1 yet, but plan on going back to see how the series is built from the ground up. And I'll definitely go for #3. Thankfully I don't feel like I missed too much by not reading the first installment (I might find out otherwise once I do), but for anyone who does as I did and start in the middle then you should be go
jenni...
Mar 02, 2014 jenni... rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wow. ths was a fantastc sequel to the iron jawed boy. That ending though- Ion better have a bloody good planand reason to justify what he has gone and done. I got pretty annoyed with the illyrians; it's so hard to know who to trust in this series. Just when you think you know who is good, they turn out to have slaughtered masses of people. However, this series has me totally enthralled and I can't wait for the next one.
Nicole
Mar 19, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angelica Dimeo
Feb 17, 2014 Angelica Dimeo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I was contacted by the author and he sent me a pdf file to read for a honest review
The second book in the series is just as good as the first. This book delves more into
Ion's past lives and we see alliances break so to speak and learn dark truths. Also you
get to see more Gods/Goddesses that were not discussed in the first book. This was a
very enjoyable read and I look forward to reading the next book thanks for the opportunity.
Alisia
Mar 04, 2014 Alisia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet, another hit, with the Iron Jawed Boy series! I loved this one like I did with the first book. Nikolas has done an amazing job, with creating worlds and creatures to imagine. I loved the cliff hanger and I need more, Ion is an amazing character just trying to stay alive and do good. I cannot wait to see where his next adventure takes him!
Tianna Green
I was given this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I really LOVE this book! It kept me questioning on what was going to happen next! The ending absolutely surprised me! I can't wait for the next book to come out in the series! An absolute must read! :D
Paige
Apr 15, 2014 Paige rated it it was amazing
i absolutely loved this book! the first book was good but the hand of the moon blew my mind i can't wait until the third book is out.
Jessica
Mar 23, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first book. I can't wait for the third one to come out. Lots of unexpected twists especially at the end.
Nnekka Robinson
Mar 27, 2014 Nnekka Robinson rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing yet again I loved the first book and now the second on just made it even better. Can't wait for the third one because it left me wanting more. Love the fighting and the conflict.
Kaniesha
Mar 28, 2014 Kaniesha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-releases
Wooooow, I loved the first book in this series but this sequel definitely gets a lot darker.

Ion is such a great, well rounded character and I love following his story. If there's anything you can count on Ion doing, it's being good and making good decisions. Though, like any flawed character, he has his moments of weakness and messes up.

In this sequel, Ion and the other Guardians go to Illyria, home of the Gods, so that Othum can help settle the problem of there being no "Hand of the Moon". The
Earicka
Feb 25, 2014 Earicka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series MUST be read in order! The first book is The Iron-Jawed Boy (Book 1, Sky Guardian Chronicles).

Ion is reunited with his father and is grieving the death of both of his mothers. (Vinya carried him to term for his mother who would have lost him without Divine intervention) If that isn't enough his sister Oceanus is incredibly jealous that he is part Illyrian God. Hallucinations plague Ionikus... of a bald young boy with gray eyes calling him a murderer. On top of all that are the extra
MirandaJae
Apr 20, 2014 MirandaJae rated it really liked it
This book was given to me by the author,
In exchange for an honest rating and review.
Sooo, without further dang adieu!

Let me start by saying that Nikolas Lee is a friggen' genius.
His characters are all so well written, and the world they live in;
Oh. My. Gods... I n c r e d i b l e.
I especially loved the thought of colorful glowing trees.
 photo ColorfulTrees_zpscaa16e0b.jpg
I LOVE trees. I love climbing them, I love admiring
and taking pictures of them. And I love colorful things.
Like, where can I get me some colorful glowing trees
Natalia
May 29, 2014 Natalia rated it really liked it
I got this book from the author for free in exchange for an honest review.

I thought this book was well written and interesting. I feel like this book was written for a slightly older audience in the first book, where some aspects felt childish. It was full of political maneuvering and the corruption that comes with power, as the Illyrian gods fight to determine who will be the next hand of the moon. You see many power-plays between the characters as they try to win the contest to become the hand
Jen Ings
May 21, 2014 Jen Ings rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Ion, what have you done?!

I received a copy of the first book from the author and since I enjoyed that so much Nik also gave me an electronic copy of this too in exchange for a review.

This is the second book in The Iron-jawed boy series and I think it was even better than the first. II would definitely recommend reading them in order however as this picks up right where the last one finished.

In this book we get to learn more about Ion and are introduced to the Gods and Goddesses of Illryia. This
Chris
Feb 23, 2014 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book but Nikolas Lee. Ionikus Reeves is volunteered as a contender for the Throne of the Moon that was vacated after the Moon Goddess's death. The competition is filled with many obstacles that allow Ion to test his powers and try out new weather formations not previously tried by Ion. He meets all of the Illyrian Gods and learns of his past lives as well, which surprised me!

Lee has once again done such an amazing job at writing characters who keep the reader interested and kept
Melinda
Jul 07, 2014 Melinda rated it really liked it
I was given this book for an honest review!
Nikolas you've done it again!

Absolutely loved this second book in the series! It draws you in within the first number of pages, it's fast paced, easy to read and has a great unique storyline.
Love the friendships and growth of the characters and how much ion is learning and growing.. extremely action packed and the ending another OMG moment!! Can't wait for the next book!!!!!
Chloê Welch
Nov 05, 2014 Chloê Welch rated it it was amazing
So I finally finished my exams and the first thing I did was read the second book and it was the perfect way to relax.

I couldn't finish the book fast enough, and I'm just as impressed with the sequel as I was with the first, maybe even more.
The world and characters are developed so wonderfully that you don't even have to make an effort to concentrate on reading, you just get sucked right into the story.

I can't wait for the third book, it can't come soon enough.
Kelli
Dec 20, 2014 Kelli rated it really liked it
Nikolas Lee sent me a PDF copy of his book in exchange for an honest review.

What a fantastic sequel! This book certainly did not disappoint. Ion is back with new challenges and new people to meet. There's surprises around every corner and it keeps you wanting more.

Looking forward to the third book!
Marissa Hakala
Dec 27, 2014 Marissa Hakala rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Just like in the first book, I loved the characters. This book was shorter, but it was still amazing. I feel like this one was shorter because the first one did all the setting up and this one could get right to the story. I love books that get right to the story. Also, I love the fact that I never saw the ending coming.
Shannon Swackhamer
Nov 04, 2014 Shannon Swackhamer rated it really liked it
Loved it more than the first... Lots of twists to keep you on your toes. The characters were very engaging. I can't wait for the next book.

Reread it, loved it more the second time :) Starting the third book now....
Justin,  Pikachu is Legendary  Chung
Once again Nikolas lee has aced it

Action packed adventure and more inside stories about Ionikus's Past and the ending WoW that was a real shock, I just wish that the book was longer because i finished it in a few hours again :/
Rachael
Jun 16, 2014 Rachael rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! I loved this book just as much (if not more) than the first one! It was so un-put-downable that I read the entire thing in two sittings :)

The plot of the 'Hand of the Moon' is incredible. The story is so fast paced and wonderfully written, so it was really easy to read and get lost in.

I'm enjoying seeing how Ion's character is developing as he's growing up and finding out more about the previous Sky Guardians. It was great to be introduced to the rest of the Illyrian Gods and the world t
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Three Thorns
  • Scenting Hallowed Blood
  • No Tildes on Tuesday
  • Whispers of the World That Was
  • The Journey Begins
  • Kill by Numbers (In the Wake of the Templars, #2)
  • Reprobate: A Katla Novel (Amsterdam Assassin, #1)
  • Aliens in Disguise (Intergalactic Bed and Breakfast, #3)
  • Lyrion's Gift (Elven Conceptions #1)
  • Double Cross (The Last Musketeer, #3)
  • Achilles: A Love Story ( A Gay Novel of the Trojan War)
  • Tex and Molly in the Afterlife
  • Anna (The Starseed Series, #1)
  • Wheels of Change
  • Pwning N00bs: The PC Gamer's Guide to Hardware, Strategy, and Tactics
  • Deceive (Estilorian #7)
  • Darshan
  • Dream Weaver (Dream Weaver, #1)
Hello, my people!

So, here's my bio. I'm 6 feet tall. 6'1" if you count my hair, which the doctor does not seem to want to. I was born in Indiana and moved to Las Vegas when I was 10. I love my family, friends, dogs, rhinos, elephants, rain, brownies, and cheese when I'm in the mood to ignore my lactose intolerance. Also, I'm a writer (guess, that was a given, huh?).

I authored my first book almost
More about Nikolas Lee...

The Guardians of Illyria (3 books)
  • The Iron-Jawed Boy (Guardians of Illyria, #1)
  • The Iron-Jawed Boy and the Siege of Sol (Guardians of Illyria, #3)