Start by marking “Justifiable Means” as Want to Read:
Justifiable Means

Justifiable Means

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  183 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Nikki Truman triumphed over a childhood of abuse with her spirit intact. She has a happy disposition and an incredible determination to make her and her brother's lives as normal as she possibly can. Hired on as Rory McNiel's housekeeper and cook, she's well on her way to making that happen. Changing Rory's "couch potato" ways and his unhealthy eating habits are a snap com ...more
Published February 1st 2003 by Bonneville Books

To ask other readers questions about Justifiable Means, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justifiable Means

Edenbrooke by Julianne DonaldsonBlackmoore by Julianne DonaldsonSeeking Persephone by Sarah M. EdenDrops of Gold by Sarah M. EdenThe List by Melanie Jacobson
LDS Romance
183rd out of 293 books — 204 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathryn Class
The story subject was really good and I think Mrs. Guymon had much more realism in this book than any of the others. The characters were interesting and I wish she had made the book longer to really develop the characters. There were a few negatives... Typos and editing errors that I have a difficult time ignoring. I would just get into the story and then notice a mistake. Also, the author made too much mention of how partially hydrogenated oils were like poison and she constantly stated that Ni ...more
Kathryn
Easy read. Tells of a girl who has had a rough beginning with a drug addict mom who finally gives her up at age 11 and goes to foster care. She is adopted by a LDS family and life is going good till she goes back to tell her biological mom that she forgives her and finds she has a 3 year old brother who is in the same mess that she was in. She decides at age 18 that she will take him and love him even though this is kidnapping. She does odd jobs with cleaning until she finds a job with Rory McNe ...more
Margo Kelly
This was another enjoyable book from Guymon.

I am really enjoying her books, however this one was too short (184 pages) and the characters weren't developed enough for me AND she repeats several ideas/concepts/settings from other books she's written. So, while I like her books, it might be a good idea to wait awhile before reading another by her, to forget some of the repetitive ideas she uses.

Other than that, it was a fun and easy read.

It is very much an LDS book with religious references, pray
Kristyn
This book needs a new title. It makes it sound like a murder mystery or something when really, it's a cute little LDS romance. I thought it was a great story with interesting characters and a cool house as the setting.

She could have upped the romance level quite a bit though (even for an LDS romance) and then I would have given it 5 stars for being such a fun book to read. I would have really enjoyed more chapters with just interaction between the main characters because I liked them and wanted
Natalie
AWESOME BOOK!!!!
Catherine
This book was short, but it took me awhile to finish it. I just wasn't getting into it. I was planning on giving this book two stars for that reason, but the last 50 pages or so made me change my mind. I liked how everything turned out in the end. Shannon Guymon is one of my favorite authors, but this has been my least favorite book of hers. My favorites are the ones where the characters live in Alpine, UT.
Madison
I thought this book was amazing and really inspirational. It is about think girl named Nikki that was abused when she was a child. She was put into a home where she was taught about the LDS church. In this book she tries to escape from her past, but will it catch up to her?
I thought this book was well written and I think it was great and it had a great message behind it. It is one of my new favorite books.
Kaylynn Johnsen
I liked this one more than most in the slew I've been reading, but then again Shannon Guymon is one of my favorites.

The story was interesting and the only distressing parts were her fondness for tofu and her over the top dislike of trans-fatty acids and partially hydrogenated oils. Oreos rules! And I'll beat up anyone who says otherwise.
Valerie
It is more like 3.5, but that isn't an option. It was an okay book. Seriously though, if she talked about health foods and the "poison" in every day food, I was going to scream. It doesn't need to be said every 2 pages. The story line wasn't really believable but it was a cute story that ended good.
Sandy
I personally found the perkiness of this book a little too much. But that is probably just me. I do think that Nikki's personality didn't fit together well. She thought like a rich person but had lived all of her life poor. It just didn't feel cohesive to me.
Dianna
knowing that life throws out interesting experiences which make us draw from our inner strength...this is a book that shows the gutsy drive for survival.
Susan
Enjoyable book! Nikki takes a job as housekeeper to the rich Rory, ex pro baseball player, to provide a settled home for her and her little brother.
Heidi
Very predictable, I had it figured out from the first chapter... but it was cute anyway.
Dena
I really liked this book. It was a great romance.
Lisa
I would give it 3 1/2 stars. It was a good book.
Nikki
I loved this book. It was hard to put it down.
Andrea
Fun story-quick read.
Marissa Olsen
Marissa Olsen marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Angie
Angie added it
May 18, 2015
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Digging Up the Past
  • When Tomorrow Comes
  • Ripple Effect (Undercurrents, #2)
  • City of Angels (Rhea Jensen, #1)
  • Above and Beyond (Duty Series, #2)
  • Winter Fire
  • The Bishop's Bride
  • Finding Paradise
  • Divinely Designed
In the fourth grade, Shannon Guymon wandered into the school library and figuratively never came out again. She decided one day to take her love affair with the written word once step further and wrote her first novel, Never Letting Go of Hope.
Shannon grew up all across the United States but has finally found her home in Utah, where she lives with her six children. She enjoys the mountains, garden
More about Shannon Guymon...
Makeover (Alpine, #1) Taking Chances (Alpine, #2) You Belong with Me (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #1) The Broken Road (Alpine, #3) Do Over (Alpine, #4)