My 30 Days Under the Overpass: Not Your Ordinary Devotional

My 30 Days Under the Overpass: Not Your Ordinary Devotional

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Live Life Loud!
You passed that same ol' bum on the street this morning. You sat next to some smelly girl on the subway last night. You ordered a burger from a worn-out cashier over your lunch hour. What do you think about these people? What does God think about them? "My 30 Days Under the Overpass" is not a devotional you will read in your quiet time, then carry on with y...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Multnomah Books

Molly
Sep 04, 2009 Molly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
Makes you think about some things and hopefully changes a bit of your perception.

I now drive around town with bottles of water and granola bars in my car and you would be surprised the number of people I see who need them, even out in the "burbs".

Great reminder about how we should treat others, not just those like us and not just the homeless. We are called to community. We are called to love one another and you can't do that ignoring our nations social issues.

MUST READ!
Glenda
I must say I expected alot more from this book. Although the idea was fabulous I was left wanting alot more detail and stories about his life on the streets and I felt like this book was rushed and could have been alot longer. It did make me look at homeless people differently though.
Jessica Weleski
Reading the story of Yankoski's journey into homelessness and the reaction he got from the church was sobering and thought-provoking. Definitely a good book to read in a group setting.
Emily
I didn't realize when this was recommended to read, it was written for a much younger crowd. It was pretty good, but as an adult devotional, I wouldn't recommend it.
Laurie
May 05, 2008 Laurie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Laurie by: Relevant magazine
If you are going to reference The Beatles in your book, you should really learn how to spell the band's name correctly. geesh. Not "The Beetles"!!!!!
Violet
Read this while on an urban mission. Really helped change how I look at people, where I get my security from, and God.
Hillary
This book changed a lot of my current ways of thinking. A MUST READ!
Kirsten Yvette
Kirsten Yvette marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Teresa O'Brion
Teresa O'Brion marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Janelly
Janelly marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Maggie Neary
Maggie Neary marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Kim R
Kim R added it
Mar 13, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Jenni W
Jenni W marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Krista Brown
Krista Brown marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Amy Carrizales
Amy Carrizales marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Under the Overpass: A Journey of Faith on the Streets of America Zealous Love: A Practical Guide to Social Justice