Start by marking “My 30 Days Under the Overpass: Not Your Ordinary Devotional” as Want to Read:
My 30 Days Under the Overpass: Not Your Ordinary Devotional

My 30 Days Under the Overpass: Not Your Ordinary Devotional

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Live Life Loud!
You passed that same ol' bum on the street this morning. You sat next to some smelly girl on the subway last night. You ordered a burger from a worn-out cashier over your lunch hour. What do you think about these people? What does God think about them? "My 30 Days Under the Overpass" is not a devotional you will read in your quiet time, then carry on with y
Published June 1st 2006 by Multnomah Books

To ask other readers questions about My 30 Days Under the Overpass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My 30 Days Under the Overpass

Molly
Sep 04, 2009 Molly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
Makes you think about some things and hopefully changes a bit of your perception.

I now drive around town with bottles of water and granola bars in my car and you would be surprised the number of people I see who need them, even out in the "burbs".

Great reminder about how we should treat others, not just those like us and not just the homeless. We are called to community. We are called to love one another and you can't do that ignoring our nations social issues.

MUST READ!
Glenda
I must say I expected alot more from this book. Although the idea was fabulous I was left wanting alot more detail and stories about his life on the streets and I felt like this book was rushed and could have been alot longer. It did make me look at homeless people differently though.
Jessica Weleski
Reading the story of Yankoski's journey into homelessness and the reaction he got from the church was sobering and thought-provoking. Definitely a good book to read in a group setting.
Emily
I didn't realize when this was recommended to read, it was written for a much younger crowd. It was pretty good, but as an adult devotional, I wouldn't recommend it.
Laurie
May 05, 2008 Laurie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Laurie by: Relevant magazine
If you are going to reference The Beatles in your book, you should really learn how to spell the band's name correctly. geesh. Not "The Beetles"!!!!!
Violet
Read this while on an urban mission. Really helped change how I look at people, where I get my security from, and God.
Hillary
This book changed a lot of my current ways of thinking. A MUST READ!
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Heather Schmidt
Heather Schmidt is currently reading it
Mar 02, 2015
Mindy
Mindy added it
Feb 23, 2015
Traci
Traci marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Alyson
Alyson marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Amy Marie
Amy Marie marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Olivia Miller
Olivia Miller marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Steve Beilharz
Steve Beilharz marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Shradergirl
Shradergirl marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Under the Overpass: A Journey of Faith on the Streets of America Zealous Love: A Practical Guide to Social Justice A Straightforward Guide to Three Essential Spiritual Practices