Start by marking “Searching 2.0” as Want to Read:
Searching 2.0

Searching 2.0

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Here mastertrainer Michael Sauers applies the super-search strategies he is known for to the latest generation of Web tools. Blogs, RSS, wikis, Flickr, podcasting, mashups, the read/write Web, kartoo, BitTorrent, Google Book Search, the WayBack Machine, visual search engines, folksonomies, Firefox Search Plugins, Del.icio.us.... if you aren't intimately familiar with these ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Neal-Schuman Publishers (first published June 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Searching 2.0, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Searching 2.0

Rob
Sauers gives some detailed step-by-step walk-throughs of a number of Web tools. It just seems like they don't need them; users can discover how the tools work by trying them. But he gives some strategies on how to use them when you're searching for information. I especially enjoyed his suggestion of using the Wayback Machine and Google Cache for websites that no longer exist on their original servers.

This book is especially good for people just learning how to search the Web, especially if they
Kim
A really interesting textbook that would be better if it was more up-to-date (it would probably be a 4 star if it wasn't for this). The screenshots were very useful and I was disappointed to see that several of the webpages had actually changed for the worse since 2008 when this was written.
Amy
This was a really helpful textbook (!!). I learned a lot that I didn't know about the web and going through some of the exercises (like making a search plug in) were awesome, and super helpful. I feel more at home on the web now, and I'll have some cool tricks up my sleeve as a librarian.
Indlibrarystaff
Jun 10, 2009 Indlibrarystaff marked it as to-read
Shelves: melody
Book was in ALA magazine and is being recommended for ideas to keep up and improve searching internet. Yes, my schooling continues! Mel
acuriouslibrarian
acuriouslibrarian marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2013
Anchla
Anchla marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2013
Mickslibrarian
Mickslibrarian marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2013
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Frank Hoppe
Frank Hoppe marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2012
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2011
Dane P Illingsworth
Dane P Illingsworth marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2011
Matt Thomas
Matt Thomas marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2011
Maria Mccarville
Maria Mccarville marked it as to-read
May 19, 2011
Chade66
Chade66 marked it as to-read
May 06, 2011
Caralyn
Caralyn marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2010
Allie Janvey
Allie Janvey marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2010
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2009
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2009
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2009
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2009
Mabs
Mabs added it
Jun 25, 2009
Mary
Mary is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2009
Blogging and Rss: A Librarians Guide Google Search Secrets XHTML & CSS Essentials for Lib Web XHTML Essentials [With CDROM] Blogging and RSS: A Librarian's Guide, Second Edition