Start by marking “Divide and Conquer (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #7)” as Want to Read:
Divide and Conquer (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #7)

Divide and Conquer (Tom Clancy's Op-Center #7)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  1,752 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Shadowy elements within the State Department secretly cause tensions to flare between Iran and the former Soviet republic of Azerbaijan. They hope to start a shooting war to increase their own power and profit.

At the same time, the conspirators decide to up the ante --- by deposing the president of the United States. In a treacherous scheme, they convince the president tha
Published June 12th 2000 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Divide and Conquer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divide and Conquer

Dan
I enjoy books from the Op-Center series. They are a step below technically from Tom Clancy's main books. But for that reason, they are more understandable to me. This book had a very unique plot and kept me turning the pages to find out how it would end.
Phillip
Scariest thing about this story is, with tensions high between the U.S. and Iran, this book could almost serve as a warning. Very intriguing story line, it kept me wanting to know what happens next.
Jim Butler
I'm beginning to read the Op Center series just to see when Paul finally leaves his family and moves in with Anne. Where's the rest of the support team? No one would be fool enough to take on the Oval Office without bouncing more ideas off your intelligence analysts. Hey, Clancy, et al, it's time to delve into the lives of the supporting players a la Clear and Present Danger.
The absence of the Striker team and the backchannel use of the Russian Op Center lends more and more credibility to the wr
Jim
Politicians can be scary; they get an overdeveloped sense of self importance and they wield a lot of power. This thriller is a prime example of what could happen if a conspiracy with enough political clout attempts a takeover of the United States government.

Op-Center’s function is crisis management, which means that all of these books are filled with ticking clock tension and this one does not disappoint. The schemers in this tale use an international terrorist to bring the world to the brink of
Bob
Certain high ranking members of the Government are conspiring to oust the president and change the US posture on the world stage. They have bought the services of a notorious terrorist/assassin and are feeding the president false information in an attempt to make him appear to be mentally impaired and forced to resign. Paul Hood, head of the Op-Center has to get to the bottom of the plot before a war in the Caspian Sea area becomes a reality and the president is pushed out.
Craig
Cool premese, making the Pres think he is loosing his mind, and get the VP promoted. Some of the discovery process is a streatch. Paul Hood, and team, figure out things with very little info. Liked the end, where the Pres stood up to the VP, and made him resign too. Paul, gets the Russian Op-Center, in the basement of the art musium, to help as well. They even save a US CIA agent for Paul, from the bad guys
Jen
I love Tom Clancy novels, and Divide and Conquer is no exception. This time the Op Center crew must help expose and prevention the completion of a treacherous scheme to despose the President of the U.S., and prevent a shooting war between Iran and Azerbaijan.
Pete
This comes across as a novel that was rushed to meet a deadline. The basic elements are there to make this a worth while read but had the characters and story been fleshed out in greater detail it would have been more satisfying.
Jeff Wilson
It was pretty good but I was under a lot of stress at the time and was having a hard time fully engaging in this book. I did enjoy it but I felt like I was too distracted to get the full impact.
Juan Navarro
When Jeff Rovin really concentrates he can came up with some good books. maybe one of the best Op-Center books out there
Joyce McKune
Paul Hood saves President from conspiracy to unseat him and start a war. Great book!
Brian
Great book, I've really enjoyed the Op-Center series.
Selvin
my first of tom clancy opcenter series.....
Jim
The story build up was quite boring
David
I hope this is not his best work...
Hazel
Good series.
Trish
Good action novel.
Brainx
Brainx marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Aftab Salam
Aftab Salam marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Drew
Drew added it
Dec 23, 2014
Bob K
Bob K added it
Dec 22, 2014
  • Cutting Edge (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #6)
  • Springboard (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #9)
  • Conviction (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, #5)
  • SSN: A Strategy Guide to Submarine Warfare
  • The Hunted (Tom Clancy's EndWar, #2)
  • Checkmate (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, #3)
  • The Deadliest Game (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #2)
  • Endgame (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, #6)
  • Gameprey (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #11)
Acts of War (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #4) Op-Center (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #1) Balance of Power (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #5) Line of Control (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #8) State of Siege (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #6)