Start by marking “Divide and Conquer (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #7)” as Want to Read:
Divide and Conquer (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #7)

Divide and Conquer (Tom Clancy's Op-Center #7)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,256 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Shadowy elements within the State Department secretly cause tensions to flare between Iran and the former Soviet republic of Azerbaijan. They hope to start a shooting war to increase their own power and profit.

At the same time, the conspirators decide to up the ante --- by deposing the president of the United States. In a treacherous scheme, they convince the president tha

Published June 12th 2000 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Divide and Conquer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divide and Conquer

Jonah
Jan 05, 2016 Jonah rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely fantastic in every way and I couldn't put this down because with every turn there was new conspiracy or new information to ponder over and there are two different plots to this story which makes the action constant and interesting. I would recommend this book to anyone who would ask for a book to read. And I don't have a single bad thing to say about this book.
Dan
Sep 04, 2013 Dan rated it really liked it
I enjoy books from the Op-Center series. They are a step below technically from Tom Clancy's main books. But for that reason, they are more understandable to me. This book had a very unique plot and kept me turning the pages to find out how it would end.
Phillip
Mar 16, 2012 Phillip rated it it was amazing
Scariest thing about this story is, with tensions high between the U.S. and Iran, this book could almost serve as a warning. Very intriguing story line, it kept me wanting to know what happens next.
Preston
Mar 08, 2015 Preston rated it liked it
Another good Tom Clancy novel. I am definitely jumping everywhere around in this series but fortunately it has a neglible effect on my reading enjoyment. This book in particular painted what looked like a very feasible and ergo intriguing plot that kept me interested the entire time I was reading. I look forward to going back and filling in the gaps with what I missed earlier in the series.
Jim Butler
Feb 23, 2008 Jim Butler rated it really liked it
Shelves: techno-thrillers
I'm beginning to read the Op Center series just to see when Paul finally leaves his family and moves in with Anne. Where's the rest of the support team? No one would be fool enough to take on the Oval Office without bouncing more ideas off your intelligence analysts. Hey, Clancy, et al, it's time to delve into the lives of the supporting players a la Clear and Present Danger.
The absence of the Striker team and the backchannel use of the Russian Op Center lends more and more credibility to the wr
Jim
Aug 14, 2011 Jim rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller, spy-novel
Politicians can be scary; they get an overdeveloped sense of self importance and they wield a lot of power. This thriller is a prime example of what could happen if a conspiracy with enough political clout attempts a takeover of the United States government.

Op-Center’s function is crisis management, which means that all of these books are filled with ticking clock tension and this one does not disappoint. The schemers in this tale use an international terrorist to bring the world to the brink of
Steve Hall
Potboiler

Not as engaging as the Jack Ryan series but still good bubble gum for a weekend read. Can feel the absence of Nancy's full involvement.
Carol Cotter
Dec 31, 2015 Carol Cotter marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Grace Hamilton
Feb 01, 2015 Grace Hamilton rated it really liked it
The cut and thrust of international political and spy networks has the Op Centre as one of the number one books in this genre
Dr. Awkward
Jun 15, 2016 Dr. Awkward rated it liked it
Fun, but not at the same standard as many of the other books in terms of writing quality and believability.
Moacir De Sa Pereira
Very predictable and dated. Spy novel addicts will read to the end. I did and quickly.
Peter Charleston
Oct 20, 2015 Peter Charleston rated it really liked it
Enjoying the Op-Center collection. Nice reading adventure.
Ayelet
Oct 25, 2015 Ayelet rated it really liked it
It took me a little time to get into the story but in the end I really liked the way they tied things up.
Bob
Jun 30, 2010 Bob rated it liked it
Certain high ranking members of the Government are conspiring to oust the president and change the US posture on the world stage. They have bought the services of a notorious terrorist/assassin and are feeding the president false information in an attempt to make him appear to be mentally impaired and forced to resign. Paul Hood, head of the Op-Center has to get to the bottom of the plot before a war in the Caspian Sea area becomes a reality and the president is pushed out.
Craig
May 10, 2010 Craig rated it really liked it
Shelves: imported
Cool premese, making the Pres think he is loosing his mind, and get the VP promoted. Some of the discovery process is a streatch. Paul Hood, and team, figure out things with very little info. Liked the end, where the Pres stood up to the VP, and made him resign too. Paul, gets the Russian Op-Center, in the basement of the art musium, to help as well. They even save a US CIA agent for Paul, from the bad guys
Jen
Oct 22, 2007 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: already-read
I love Tom Clancy novels, and Divide and Conquer is no exception. This time the Op Center crew must help expose and prevention the completion of a treacherous scheme to despose the President of the U.S., and prevent a shooting war between Iran and Azerbaijan.
Pete
Jan 07, 2016 Pete rated it liked it
This comes across as a novel that was rushed to meet a deadline. The basic elements are there to make this a worth while read but had the characters and story been fleshed out in greater detail it would have been more satisfying.
Jeff Wilson
Mar 23, 2008 Jeff Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty good but I was under a lot of stress at the time and was having a hard time fully engaging in this book. I did enjoy it but I felt like I was too distracted to get the full impact.
Juan Navarro
Sep 23, 2013 Juan Navarro rated it really liked it
When Jeff Rovin really concentrates he can came up with some good books. maybe one of the best Op-Center books out there
Joyce McKune
Jul 05, 2010 Joyce McKune rated it it was amazing
Paul Hood saves President from conspiracy to unseat him and start a war. Great book!
Brian
Sep 03, 2010 Brian rated it really liked it
Great book, I've really enjoyed the Op-Center series.
Selvin
Nov 16, 2012 Selvin rated it really liked it
my first of tom clancy opcenter series.....
Jim
Dec 21, 2014 Jim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
The story build up was quite boring
David
May 09, 2010 David rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I hope this is not his best work...
Indah Threez Lestari
Trish
Jan 29, 2008 Trish rated it liked it
Good action novel.
Carl Mesics
Carl Mesics marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
John Jones
John Jones rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
  • Cutting Edge (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #6)
  • Springboard (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #9)
  • The Hunted (Tom Clancy's EndWar, #2)
  • One is the Loneliest Number (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #3)
  • SSN: A Strategy Guide to Submarine Warfare
  • Private Lives (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #9)

Tom Clancy's Op-Center (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Op-Center (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #1)
  • Mirror Image (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #2)
  • Games of State (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #3)
  • Acts of War (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #4)
  • Balance of Power (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #5)
  • State of Siege (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #6)
  • Line of Control (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #8)
  • Mission of Honor (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #9)
  • Sea of Fire (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #10)
  • Call to Treason (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #11)

“spymaster does,” Herbert said. “When he’s someplace new,” 0 likes