Start by marking “Bear's Pup (Rescue for Hire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bear's Pup (Rescue for Hire, #1)

Bear's Pup (Rescue For Hire #1)

Welcome to the world of Rescue for Hire. Meet the team members that make up a company that form a family of heroes. Cade Miller is the owner of the company and is a dominating alpha in mind and body. Cade rescues Bret James on a mission. The instant connection between the two cannot be denied, and he decides to keep him.

Bret may have submissive qualities that mesh complete
ebook
Published February 2014 by Siren-BookStrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Bear's Pup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bear's Pup

Leah
...I'm still scratching my head as I try to figure out how a story about two queer men could have so much heteronormative and heterosexist bullshit in it. RUN AWAY!!!!
Marte
*** 3 cheesystars ***

Audio edition, narration Darcy Stark.
2 hours 9 minutes

Overall: 3
Performance: 3
Story: 2

Um, right... LOL

I picked this audio book up on sale for just a couple of dollars. There's a whole series of them, actually, and this is (just) the first! I thought "what the heck" and bought them all.

I was expecting cheesy, and boy, did I get cheesy.

Cade Miller, "the bear", runs a Rescue for Hire company. During a search and rescue due to flooding, he rescues a man from the river, who's
Tj
Jul 09, 2016 Tj rated it it was ok
I know, I know. If you read this book the writing was bad. It may have deserved a lower rating for that but *glances around guiltily* I kinda liked the story. Now, yes, it is TOTALLY unrealistic. If it were paranormal or fantasy of some type I could believe the story line but insta-love in a contemporary read is just not believable. I wanted to believe it though so I did. I thought the two men were just wonderful. There isn't much detail and the characters need fleshing out but *sigh* I did ...more
Riayl
Jun 12, 2015 Riayl rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, romance, bdsm, abuse-trauma
I guiltily admit to liking this book more than I should. I think it could use a lot of work as it is fairly lacking in details and, well, reality. (I know - I was probably griping about a surfeit of reality in the last book. *grin*) But we aren't dealing with the supernatural here so my ability to just go with the flow when two guys meet and immediately start living together and have a "deep connection" is severely strained. I needed a little more than "Bear was big and strong and protective" ...more
Candice
Mar 08, 2014 Candice rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

I actually didn't mind this. Yes, their relationship was on a high speed chase, but it worked.

The writing was too telling and not enough showing for my liking. There was a huge lack of details that bothered me, as well. I wanted to know more about the team. I wanted to know more about why Cade called Bret 'pup' and when did Bret start calling Cade 'bear'? It just came out of the blue. Kind of weird.

Yes, Bret was carried around a lot, but I could see the reasoning because of his feet.
Christy Duke
Having enjoyed a number of other books by Bellann Summer, and loving strong, dominant men as much as I do, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the description for 'Bear's Pup' would lure me right in. The prospect of a brand-new-to-me series involving alpha men and smaller partners, in this case a bear and his pup, and a rescue-for-hire agency was just too much for me to withstand and I had to read it.

I knew I was going to like and respect Cade within a few pages of reading. He and the fo
Asteropê
So, often when I read fanfics with my favorite shows and pairings, I often enjoy a good hurt/comfort fic. They come in all types and this book, seemed to be in that vein. I thought, this sounds good. I was wrong. I only got to chapter 4 before I had to stop and say fuck it.

Things that bothered me:
-In the beginning we're told how important the jobs they do are - going into dangerous places, saving lives, etc. Yet the minute Cade sees Bret, he's all fuck it, even though I'm team leader and peopl
Morgan  Skye
Jan 26, 2016 Morgan Skye rated it really liked it
This is the introduction to the Rescue For Hire series. In it we meet the team and it’s team leader, Cade. Cade rescues Bret from an abusive boyfriend and immediately “claims him as his own.”

It’s sort of a D/s relationship but not by any sort of typical rules. Bret lets Cade make most of the decisions until he decides to throw a fit and then he gets his way.

In this book Bret is thrown into trouble at least three times, and Cade must rescue him in his super-alpha-badass way. Bret is teeny tiny an
Gaa-chan
March 15, 2015 - Audible Edition:

Story - 2 stars
Performance - 3 stars
Overall - 2 stars

January 12, 2016 - Audible Edition:

I obviously listened to this audiobook again, so I need to bump up the rating. I must admit though the story is unbelievable, I am fond of the MC's. Also, I did enjoy the narration a lot more this time around.

Story - 2.5 stars
Performance - 4 stars
Overall - 3 stars
Susu
Nov 05, 2015 Susu rated it liked it
I see potential in this author so I will continue this series. I almost quit reading this book less than half way through. The longer I read the better it got. If the ratings for this book and the following in the series are anything to go by they do get better as the series progresses.
Love it all bookworm
Overall book rating: 3 stars
Audio book: Narrator - Darcy Stark 3 stars
Book Cover: 3 Stars
MC1: Cade Miller - Boss of the Rescue team
MC2: Bret Jones - Captured victim
Short read

This book could have been a 5 star if it was a full length book with more detail. It all happened way to fast.

I started this book fully knowing it was NOT a shifter book but the way it was written and the names that was used, I just kept waiting for someone to shift. First bear and pub it kind of sits in the back of y
Arcanavi
Jun 10, 2015 Arcanavi rated it did not like it
Well, the author wanted to write sex scenes... and that's it.

There's really nothing much to the story. It throws away way too many opportunities to develop the characters and the story itself in favor of the smut.

Ok, so Cade saves Brett from a flooded river and bam! insta-love! Cade takes Brett home to heal, both from the injuries from the chaos with the flooding and from injuries that Brett's hook-up and the hook-up's boyfriend caused. When he wakes up, Brett is obviously scared of Cade and n
Lisa
Jun 04, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Read by MM Goodbook Reviews:

This is book one in this series and they should be read in order. It is a pretty awesome story. However when I first looked at the title I assumed it would be a paranormal but to my surprise it was not. When I started reading it, it just hit me that this is one series that I am glad to have been caught off guard. I loved it. Bellann is one heck of a great author with an imagination that will go far in the world of alternative romance. I loved the characters very much.
Phaney
Feb 20, 2015 Phaney rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
Wow. It seems like a long time since I last read something so amateurishly written. I don’t even know what to say.

The viewpoints are a huge mess – even if you are into the head hopping style – since the author sometimes forgets to make clear she hopped again, sticking to personal pronouns only. And maybe this is supposed to be an omniscient narrator since even before Cade knows Bret’s name he already uses it in his viewpoint bits.

It’s doubly sad that the execution falls so short of its mark, bec
Barloga
May 04, 2015 Barloga rated it liked it
I liked this book. I mean, it wasn't anything extraordinary and I actually enjoyed the fast way that Cade decided Bret was his. But there was something lacking. I was thinking about it, and I realized that during sex, the characters should be moaning or groaning, or expresing what they were feeling some more. I don't expect them to be screaming, but a little sound would be appreciated. It was so methodical and in order, without the characters' personalities developing much. Besides, the story ...more
NancyM
This could be a great story if it went into details about anything. (view spoiler)
Latashia
Feb 23, 2014 Latashia rated it did not like it
it was a cute read, but the flow was horrible. trying to keep up with who was talking, and just trying to get the story to flow in a direction that wasn't bouncing. Spacing could have been better to show different scene changes. and was this a shifter story or just a plain ol' human one? got lost in that part too. I want to try the second book but scared its going to be more of the same.
Feb 21, 2014 Laura rated it liked it
I wonder if this is the author's first book .... Not a bad story, but the lack of details was irritating. The book could have been much better (not that I'm any kind of expert). I will check out the next book as I do like the basic story line. All in all a cute read.
Kittykills
Mar 12, 2016 Kittykills rated it did not like it
pup, pup, pup, bear, bear, bear. wanted more from the characters beside bear/pup. new series and I'm not sure if this works for me. read this earlier today only thing I remember is how annoyed I was with the repeated use if the bear pup dynamic.
Apr 08, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
I've read all the books in the "Rescue for Hire Series" and they're all highly entertaining.
They are a quick, and at times, sizzling read.
~RMG
Aug 31, 2016 ~RMG rated it it was ok
Word flow wasn't the greatest at times, and the plot was pretty lacking. Not a horrible read, just nothing special.
Mrsgeo
Apr 10, 2016 Mrsgeo rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-em-services
Enjoyed it very much but it would benefit from proof-reading to pick up on the numerous & really obvious spelling & grammar mistakes.
which are so irritating.
Red
Red rated it really liked it
May 11, 2014
Optimusprime
Optimusprime rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2015
Lajuna
Lajuna rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2015
Ange
Ange rated it did not like it
Apr 30, 2015
65.09.92
65.09.92 rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Tiffany Lewis
Tiffany Lewis rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Jacey Jeffrey
Jacey Jeffrey rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2016
Cindy Levy
Cindy Levy rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Taken in Hand (Taken, #1)
  • Masochist's Choice (Sun, Sea and Submission, #5)
  • Knight of Pleasure (Smuggler's Cove, #1)
  • Teasing Jonathan (Mercenary Love #3)
  • Starting Something (Cade Creek #5)
  • Cock and Balls (Balls to the Wall #7)
  • Bound by Defiance (Owned #2)
  • Captured with His Pregnant Mate (Luna Werewolves, #1)
  • Jackson (Belt Buckle Ranch, #1)
  • Guns, Leather and Tinsel
  • Wounded Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys, #4)
  • UnPrison
  • Screw Santa (Who Needs Christmas? #1)
  • Reaching the Edge (Tales from the Edge, #1)
  • Bound by Pleasure (Owned #1)
  • Scent of a Wolf (Pack of Light #1)
  • Healer (The Institute #1)
  • Into the Lyons Den (Assassin/Shifter, #16)
Bellann Summer lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband and children surrounded by lakes and woods. In the summer Bellann enjoys fishing, camping, gardening and growing flowers. Autumn is spent out in the woods exploring the beautiful colors and nature at its finest. In the winter there is ice fishing, snowmobiling and sitting in front of the wood fireplace. She has always loved to read and ...more
More about Bellann Summer...

Rescue For Hire (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Jack's Sweets (Rescue for Hire, #2)
  • Damian's Treble (Rescue for Hire, #3)
  • Leo's Pet (Rescue for Hire, #4)
  • Commander's Spitfire (Rescue for Hire, #5)
  • Gabriel's Pretty (Rescue For Hire, #6)
  • Brad's Rock (Rescue for Hire, #7)
  • Boone's Cowboy (Rescue for Hire, #8)
  • Spencer's Reluctant Rescuer (Rescue For Hire, #9)
  • Shadow's Pen (Rescue for Hire, #10)
  • Rescue for Hire, Volume 1 [Bear's Pup: Jack's Sweets]  (Rescue For Hire, #1-2)