Start by marking “The Quilter's Catalog: A Comprehensive Resource Guide” as Want to Read:
The Quilter's Catalog: A Comprehensive Resource Guide

The Quilter's Catalog: A Comprehensive Resource Guide

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  46 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
It’s not your grandmother’s quilt world anymore. Quilting today is a phenomenally popular hobby, artform, and business, often rolled into one, that attracts 21 million avid quilters who spend $2.27 billion annually on their passion. There are 2,500 quilt shops around the country, popular television series, guilds, Web sites, and national fairs—one in Houston draws 50,000 ...more
Published March 4th 2008 by Workman Publishing Company (first published February 7th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Quilter's Catalog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quilter's Catalog

JayeL
Mar 05, 2011 JayeL rated it really liked it
Shelves: quilt, 2011
Meg Cox was kind enough to send me a free copy of this book to review and giveaway on my blog. She did this shortly after I received the books from Lark Books and I had mixed feelings about that experience: happiness that my work on the blog was recognized and stung that they never responded to any of my emails for more information.

As an indirect result of that experience, it took me awhile to get to starting this book. Once I did get to it, I had a hard time putting it down. This is a dense, pa
Jenni
Aug 12, 2008 Jenni rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: insomniacs
Shelves: crafty
The Quilter's Catalog is a strange book. It is probably great for people who know literally nothing about quilting to learn absolutely every last detail there is to know, and it is also probably great for people who know a ton about quilting to confirm that they do, in fact, know quite a bit and perhaps even learn tidbits that even they, as experts, did not know. However, if your knowledge of quilting is somewhere in between "I am a completely blank slate" and "I'm an expert quilter," then this ...more
Glenda Scalise-Castillo
Sep 24, 2012 Glenda Scalise-Castillo rated it it was amazing
Almost TO MUCH information, but I thoroughally enjoyed every page. Have tried to keep track of the extensive website references, but alas ... there are just too many, so I just keep the book as a SUPERIOR reference when I feel like visiting the world of quilting from the dis-comfort of my computer chair ... I need a new chair really bad LOL, LOL --- nothing to do with the book.
Julie
Apr 06, 2010 Julie rated it it was ok
Would be good for someone who knows nothing about quilting resources. Very little that I didn't already know or couldn't have found elsewhere if I were interested. Being a catalog, it will be quickly outdated.
Candy
Aug 18, 2016 Candy marked it as to-read
Shelves: quilting
I read just random entries the first time I borrowed this book from the library. This time I am methodically reading it and got to page 177. I will pick it up again from the shelf and start here. It's a good overview of quilting. I liked learning about the origins of the sewing machine.
Clara Dearmore Strom
Mar 28, 2010 Clara Dearmore Strom rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quilting
This book has just about everything you ever wanted to know about quilting. The only thing I didn't like was the binding. It was to stiff to open and read comfortably. Ring binding would be better. A great gift for any quilter.
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2010
Becky Sowell
Becky Sowell rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2015
Ashlyn
Ashlyn rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2014
Patti
Patti rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Sarah rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2008
Sherri McConnell
Sherri McConnell rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2008
Shelley
Shelley rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2009
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2010
Bri
Jun 27, 2008 Bri rated it really liked it
great reference--and my friend emily is quoted in the section about young quilters.
Lane
Cindy Lynn Ferver
Cindy Lynn Ferver rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2016
Joyce
Joyce rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2012
Laura rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2014
Alice
Alice rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2011
Marti
Marti rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2011
MAH
MAH rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2012
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2014
LikeTheDog
LikeTheDog rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
M.
M. rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2013
Candy
Candy rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2010
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2009
Mary Barrette
Mary Barrette rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Victoria
Victoria rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2011
Born in Cleveland. Lifelong book lover, and class librarian in 6th grade.
Writing professionally since 1975 graduation from Northwestern, with a degree in English.
Staff writer for the Wall Street Journal for 17 years in Chicago and New York, covering beats from financial futures and agriculture to the business of the arts and publishing.
Freelancing since 1994: writing 5 books and hundreds of magaz