Start by marking “Mindfreak: Secret Revelations” as Want to Read:
Mindfreak: Secret Revelations

Mindfreak: Secret Revelations

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  242 ratings  ·  37 reviews
The star of Mindfreak—the most astonishing and provocative mystifier of the twenty-first century—Criss Angel shares his philosophy of life and magic, goes behind the scenes of his groundbreaking TV series, and reveals the secrets to forty mind-blowing illusions that you can master!
Published April 29th 2008 by It Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Mindfreak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindfreak

Dina
Favorite Quotes Include:

"Whenever I need to silence my inner thoughts, I grab my iPod. I immediately found two of my favorite Korn songs, "Right Now" and "Alone I Break," and began to psych myself up."

"I think of myself as a ninja in every area of my life."

and

"My newfound celebrity had its perks too. I recently got pulled over for running a red light (I won't say in what city). It was completely my fault. When I opened the door of my lambo the officers were shocked to see me step out of the car.
Anita
First, what I really like about Criss is that he actively educates people about the difference between reality and supernatural/paranormal claims, which he maintains are simply false and used to exploit people and get them to part from their money. He does dedicate a few good pages to this end starting in chapter 9 titled "Don't Believe Your Eyes".

As for the rest of the book, the first half is basically a gushing tribute to his family as he traces his trajectory from childhood to his current ca
R.
Oct 29, 2007 R. added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: halflings, clerics, footpads, gelatinous cubes
Shelves: unfinishedreads
Yeah. Yeah. You wanna fight about it? Didn't think so.

*disappears in a floof of ash/reappears on roof*

So, anyways, the magic world needs a fresh hero, now that David Copperfield has, uh, well, whatever the FBI is poking around in his warehouse for.

*walks down side of house*

But, you know, Copperfield made the Great Wall of China disappear, so I wouldn't expect very much, you know, progress on behalf of the investigators.

*holds out arms, rises into air to sub-Korn instrumental...disappears*

On a
M. Hickmon
I am not a huge fan of Chris, but was given this book by someone who knew just enough about me to know I had a passing interest in sleight of hand. I cracked this book, expecting to skim the tricks in the back more than to read his life story. However, the straightforward writing style made me feel like Chris probably actually wrote it himself, and I found myself being pulled in. I read this some years back and what I still remember is Chris announcing as a teen or young man that it was his drea ...more
Blackcatmoon66
For me, I could really care less about his magic, what drew me to Criss was his passion for life and the ways he chooses to view things. A beautiful soul, with a heart of passion, and not just for magic.This book is really great for anyone wanting to learn about finding your inner strength.
Hong Wong
Criss Angel wrote this because he wanted to inspire the younger generation to achieve there goals of the quest of there journey what that dream in your head.In the book when the author was writing this."Martha felt in need to write this book feeling the wisdom he was telling". "Criss Angel said there was no guideboook i could growing up that could possible have thought me about success".Criss angel said life is about lessons if you eat so much you will gain weight,if you lift 5 times a week you ...more
JoAlice
Planning to read it again
J.M.
I bought this book thinking it'd be an introduction to the world of magic and illusion. While there are 40 quick and easy magic tricks in the back, with detailed explanations and very good photographs to explain how the slight of hand tricks are done, the bulk of the book is a Criss Angel memoir. As I didn't know much about him, I enjoyed learning more about his growing up and his rise to fame, as well as his personal ideals, goals, and commitment to his art.
James
I loved this book. After reading it, it gave me so much inspiration to perform magic and get better at it. Criss Angel is my favorite magician and performer. He's able to connect with the audience more than anyone else. For him it's more than just showing people cool tricks.

I recommend this book to anyone who is a Criss Angel fan or is interested in magic.
Kitt-e-kat
HE'S HOT! I LOVE LOOKING AT HIS PICTURES INSIDE THE BOOK, HE DEDICATED HIS WHOLE GROWING UP LIFE ON HIS MAGIC AND HE'S WELL KNOWN NOW BECAUSE OF HIS DEDICATION FOR HIS PASSION. HE ALSO SHOWS YOU AT THE END OF THE BOOK ON HOW TO DO SOME CLASSIC MAJIC TRICKS YOU CAN DO YOURSELF OR TO KNOW HOW THEY DO IT.
TJ
Dec 02, 2008 TJ rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to TJ by: Ryan and Monica got it for me for xmas last year!
I know some people think he's cheesy, and he is a times, but also I think that he is a very neat person! I enjoyed reading his book and find the whole "illusionist/mindfreak" thing very interesting. I love watching his show on tv. I have never seen anything like it. I think he's awesome!
Lyn
Nov 04, 2007 Lyn rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the loyal
I admire his perseverance in pursuing his career and he's an amazing showman - but this was not written well. Repetitive.

Favorite quote - "I think of myself as a ninja in every area of my life."
Dragon
It was interesting to learn what Criss did to achieve his goal. Also I loved how at the back of the book, he put in a couple of simple magic tricks that the people who read the book could learn.
Kerry Marks

Well, I think it's an amazing book! I love his shows, so when I found out he had a book I wanted to read it! It took ages to arrive because I live in England, but it was worth the wait!
Alishia Johnson
Dec 14, 2008 Alishia Johnson added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Alishia by: criss angel
this guy is one of my idols. hes awesome....i am still reading this book but im really enjoying it alotim almost done with it and its like a biography but hes the one that wrote it
Katie
He's amazing... one of a kind. This book lets you take a peek into his life, before and now. Even though he's an illusionist, he is also a heck of a writer. MINDFREAKY BOOK!
Emily
Love this man, of course I'm going to enjoy this book ;) But beyond that, I also LOVED learning the tricks he teaches at the end of the book!!! So much fun!!
Stephan
Not the best "here is my life" type of novel. I will say it was a breeze to get through because of its minimal amount of words per page.
Randy
How could I not give this book five stars? My daughter works for Criss Angel and I have a huge crush on his oldest brother!
Dee
Talented young man who worked very hard for his success while enduring life's struggles along the way.
Alaska
read this a while ago... It's really cool. Ends up, he's from long island... who woulda thought?
Autumn
I learned that Criss Angel is Crazy and that both my brother and I can never be Magicians.
Dillon
He teaches some magic tricks like pushing a qurarter though a soild table.
Tarifah S 140A501
My favorite celebrity memoir so far. It was so inspiring and uplifting!
Therese Gilardi
fascinating look at what drives this interesting man
Nikki
If you like magic and Criss Angel, you'll like this book!
Criss is amazing and inspiring. Love him and his story!
Bob
Found this in the bargain bin at Barnes & Nobel.
  • The Underboss: The Rise and Fall of a Mafia Family
  • The Fight for Home: How (Parts of) New Orleans Came Back
  • Wild Company: The Untold Story of Banana Republic
  • Trotsky: Downfall Of A Revolutionary
  • Mysterious Stranger: A Book of Magic
  • The Glorious Deception: The Double Life of William Robinson, aka Chung Ling Soo, the "Marvelous Chinese Conjurer"
  • 13 Steps to Mentalism
  • The Hardy Boyz: Exist 2 Inspire
  • Arnold: The Education of a Bodybuilder
  • J.R.: My Life as the Most Outspoken, Fearless, and Hard-Hitting Man in Hockey
  • Hurricane: The Miraculous Journey of Rubin Carter
  • The Mystery in the Cave (The Boxcar Children, #50)
  • Why Soccer Matters
Christopher Nicholas Sarantakos, better known by his stage name Criss Angel is an American of Greek descent. He is a magician, illusionist, musician, escapologist, and stunt performer. He is best known for starring in his own television show, Criss Angel Mindfreak.
More about Criss Angel...
Mindfreak The Untold Magicians Magic Tricks Mindfreak: The Complete Season Four