My Last Romance and Other Passions
read ebook

My Last Romance and Other Passions

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Eight stories with a common theme---the wonder of finding love---sweep the reader into sensuous worlds where ordinary people discover, or rediscover, love. Foolish love, forbidden love, married love---even murderous love, each story is a seductive jewel populated with characters that seem like someone we could know---or someone we could be. Each of the stories in this coll...more
Published September 30th 2006 by Parlez-Moi Press (first published June 30th 2006)

Lynn
A beautiful collection of love stories. The writing is not sentimental, but somewhat mysterious and some of the stories leave a question in the mind of the reader. That is likely what the author intended, that there might be doubt as to what really happened. These stories are all good, well-written, and the descriptions are beautiful. I could describe them as mystical, haunting stories. I will remember them.

The people in these stories aren’t perfect, and sometimes do what isn’t “right” by common...more
Amy
Found this on my Kindle yesterday and have no idea when I purchased it. Maybe it was a free book that I just snagged because it was free? These stories are very short. Not flash fiction short. but coffee break short for sure. They almost read as character sketches, and I found that I really wanted to know more about the people and their worlds (especially "Damian", which is super short). Written in very beautiful language. These aren't paperback romance type stories but they *are* pure romance.
Polly
Not what I would normally read, but I was hungry for a new book. The author writes in such a lovely manner. It has such poignant emotions, I could not put it down. This is saying A LOT for me because I tend to aviod any story that does not end with a happily-ever-after. These romances are true life changing and have a beautiful haunting quality. I can say that even though these vignettes were small in length they will stay with me for a very long time.
Julie
Short stories, not a "romance" novel. This author's use of words is haunting. The stories are about love but are of the "real life" variety as opposed to the "bodice ripper" variety. Please excuse my use of quotation marks :0)

Finished this yesterday. Oh what wonderful stories!
Peggy
Great bunch of short romance stories. No explicit sex scenes just story's of two people and their love for each other
Barbara
Pretty hot read. Something for a pre- intimate incounter.
Kathleen Valentine
I can't rate this because I wrote it also!!!
Marti
Marti marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Edith Chadwick
Edith Chadwick marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Porchia
Porchia marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
 Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Malissa
Malissa marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Amber Gonzales
Amber Gonzales marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Mir
Mir marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Traci Hulback
Traci Hulback marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Carol Judge
Carol Judge marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Starlet
Starlet marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
KH
KH added it
Aug 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kathleen Valentine is the author of the coming-of-age novel, "The Old Mermaid's Tale," and two novels of romantic suspense, "Depraved Heart" and "Each Angel Burns." She has also written several novelettes of psychological horror including the best sellers "The Crazy Old Lady in the Attic" and "Ghosts of a Beach Town in Winter." Her latest work is a novel in stories, "The Whiskey Bottle in the Wall...more
More about Kathleen Valentine...
The Crazy Old Lady in the Attic The Old Mermaid's Tale Ghosts of a Beach Town in Winter Each Angel Burns Arthur's Story: A Love Story