Start by marking “My Last Romance and Other Passions” as Want to Read:
My Last Romance and Other Passions

Read eBook

My Last Romance and Other Passions

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  29 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Eight stories with a common theme---the wonder of finding love---sweep the reader into sensuous worlds where ordinary people discover, or rediscover, love. Foolish love, forbidden love, married love---even murderous love, each story is a seductive jewel populated with characters that seem like someone we could know---or someone we could be. Each of the stories in this coll ...more
Published September 30th 2006 by Parlez-Moi Press (first published June 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about My Last Romance and Other Passions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Last Romance and Other Passions

Scott Bury
May 15, 2016 Scott Bury rated it it was amazing
A cliché-busting collection of romances
Kathleen Valentine is a literary leader. As a writer, she follows her own path and creates original, beautiful stories with characters readers can recognize because they’re taken from reality.
I’m not normally a fan of romances. But I have to say that I was turned on, in many ways, by the collection of romantic short stories for grown-ups by Kathleen Valentine called My Last Romance and Other Passions.

Most “romance” novels I have encountered seem to be aimed
Lynn
Jan 24, 2013 Lynn rated it really liked it
A beautiful collection of love stories. The writing is not sentimental, but somewhat mysterious and some of the stories leave a question in the mind of the reader. That is likely what the author intended, that there might be doubt as to what really happened. These stories are all good, well-written, and the descriptions are beautiful. I could describe them as mystical, haunting stories. I will remember them.

The people in these stories aren’t perfect, and sometimes do what isn’t “right” by common
Amy
May 16, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
Found this on my Kindle yesterday and have no idea when I purchased it. Maybe it was a free book that I just snagged because it was free? These stories are very short. Not flash fiction short. but coffee break short for sure. They almost read as character sketches, and I found that I really wanted to know more about the people and their worlds (especially "Damian", which is super short). Written in very beautiful language. These aren't paperback romance type stories but they *are* pure romance.
Polly
Feb 23, 2012 Polly rated it really liked it
Not what I would normally read, but I was hungry for a new book. The author writes in such a lovely manner. It has such poignant emotions, I could not put it down. This is saying A LOT for me because I tend to aviod any story that does not end with a happily-ever-after. These romances are true life changing and have a beautiful haunting quality. I can say that even though these vignettes were small in length they will stay with me for a very long time.
Julie
Feb 18, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing
Short stories, not a "romance" novel. This author's use of words is haunting. The stories are about love but are of the "real life" variety as opposed to the "bodice ripper" variety. Please excuse my use of quotation marks :0)

Finished this yesterday. Oh what wonderful stories!
Peggy
Oct 01, 2012 Peggy rated it it was amazing
Great bunch of short romance stories. No explicit sex scenes just story's of two people and their love for each other
Barbara
Feb 29, 2012 Barbara rated it really liked it
Pretty hot read. Something for a pre- intimate incounter.
Margaret
Jan 10, 2016 Margaret rated it really liked it
Sweet and amusing. These short stories brought as mile to my face. The first story was my favorite. An older woman and her tales of "back in my day" were great. Each character in the stories was endearing. Fun read.
Kathleen Valentine
I can't rate this because I wrote it also!!!
Ravenna Young
Ravenna Young marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Cath White
Cath White marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Mary Lou
Mary Lou marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Janelle
Janelle rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Ak123j
Ak123j marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Nospin
Nospin added it
Jan 24, 2016
Ciara
Ciara marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Lee Conwell
Lee Conwell marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Brains Abraham
Brains Abraham marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Victoria meyer
Victoria meyer marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Josetta
Josetta marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
S
S rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
From the Allegheny Mountains where she grew up, to the Gloucester seaport where she now lives and writes, Kathleen Valentine loves nothing more than listening to the stories that people tell while sitting on front porches, gathered around kitchen tables, or swapped in coffee shops and taverns. Her collection of legends, folklore, and tall tales are woven into her fiction. The award-winning author ...more
More about Kathleen Valentine...

“We sit cuddled together in the last warmth of summer, dreaming of narwhals, as mermaids sing far out at sea.” 0 likes