Start by marking “My Last Romance and Other Passions” as Want to Read:
My Last Romance and Other Passions
Read eBook

My Last Romance and Other Passions

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Eight stories with a common theme---the wonder of finding love---sweep the reader into sensuous worlds where ordinary people discover, or rediscover, love. Foolish love, forbidden love, married love---even murderous love, each story is a seductive jewel populated with characters that seem like someone we could know---or someone we could be. Each of the stories in this coll ...more
Published September 30th 2006 by Parlez-Moi Press (first published June 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about My Last Romance and Other Passions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Last Romance and Other Passions

Lynn
A beautiful collection of love stories. The writing is not sentimental, but somewhat mysterious and some of the stories leave a question in the mind of the reader. That is likely what the author intended, that there might be doubt as to what really happened. These stories are all good, well-written, and the descriptions are beautiful. I could describe them as mystical, haunting stories. I will remember them.

The people in these stories aren’t perfect, and sometimes do what isn’t “right” by common
Amy
Found this on my Kindle yesterday and have no idea when I purchased it. Maybe it was a free book that I just snagged because it was free? These stories are very short. Not flash fiction short. but coffee break short for sure. They almost read as character sketches, and I found that I really wanted to know more about the people and their worlds (especially "Damian", which is super short). Written in very beautiful language. These aren't paperback romance type stories but they *are* pure romance.
Polly
Not what I would normally read, but I was hungry for a new book. The author writes in such a lovely manner. It has such poignant emotions, I could not put it down. This is saying A LOT for me because I tend to aviod any story that does not end with a happily-ever-after. These romances are true life changing and have a beautiful haunting quality. I can say that even though these vignettes were small in length they will stay with me for a very long time.
Julie
Short stories, not a "romance" novel. This author's use of words is haunting. The stories are about love but are of the "real life" variety as opposed to the "bodice ripper" variety. Please excuse my use of quotation marks :0)

Finished this yesterday. Oh what wonderful stories!
Peggy
Great bunch of short romance stories. No explicit sex scenes just story's of two people and their love for each other
Barbara
Pretty hot read. Something for a pre- intimate incounter.
Kathleen Valentine
I can't rate this because I wrote it also!!!
Brains Abraham
Brains Abraham marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Victoria meyer
Victoria meyer marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Josetta
Josetta marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Debbe Swafford
Debbe Swafford marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Anastasia Johnson
Anastasia Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Donna Woodman
Donna Woodman marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Jennifer Collard
Jennifer Collard marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
April Cosgrove
April Cosgrove marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Nicola Montague
Nicola Montague marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Meetta
Meetta marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Marti
Marti marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Edith Chadwick
Edith Chadwick marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kathleen Valentine is the author of the coming-of-age novel, "The Old Mermaid's Tale," and two novels of romantic suspense, "Depraved Heart" and "Each Angel Burns." She has also written several novelettes of psychological horror including the best sellers "The Crazy Old Lady in the Attic" and "Ghosts of a Beach Town in Winter." Her latest work is a novel in stories, "The Whiskey Bottle in the Wall ...more
More about Kathleen Valentine...
The Crazy Old Lady in the Attic (Beacon Hill Chronicles, #1) The Old Mermaid's Tale Ghosts of a Beach Town in Winter Each Angel Burns The Crazy Old Lady's Revenge (Beacon Hill Chronicles, #2)