Start by marking “Venus Among the Fishes” as Want to Read:
Venus Among the Fishes

Venus Among the Fishes

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Killer whales are invading the peaceful dolphin territory of Glacier Strait. Coral and her brother Snapper are sent from their herd to search for their older brother, and safer waters. Coral's journey is treacherous as she encounters vicious sharks and whales and hazardous fishing nets. But the greatest danger of all comes when Coral confronts the humans and the terror of ...more
Published April 1st 1995 by Houghton Mifflin

To ask other readers questions about Venus Among the Fishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Venus Among the Fishes

I've owned this book forever, and I always enjoy returning to it once every year or so. Its a quick read, but absolutely delightful and anyone who likes animals will enjoy reading it.

Coral and her brother Snapper have set off to look for their brother Silver. Killer whales have been attacking their dolphin pod and they need his help to save everyone. But their travels aren't easy, dangers lurk around every corner and when Coral is captured by humans, she worries for her brother's safety. But mir
Ages ago a student bought me this book at a book fair because he knew I loved oceans and the sea. it was a great gift that took me almost 15 years to read. Written years ago before all the Sea World controversy, it should call onto question anything that contains these beautiful creatures of the sea. will be treasured part of my permanent collection.
Patricia Kaniasty
What a fantastic story. I can just picture cuddled up in bed with my grandbabies reading this story to them. It has adventure, friendship, and it's even a little scary. It focuses on human and dolphin interactions set into a exciting narrative. It's a great read for all.
Hillary Rounds
May 24, 2015 Hillary Rounds rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hillary by: I was given this book as a gift from my mother.
This was such a beautiful story. I read a chapter or two to my nephew every night. we actually finished it a week ago but my internet stopped working.
Loved this book when I was younger.

I don't know what it is about books where the main character is an animal and tells the story but I love it.

This is a great book for younger readers.
Macy Snyder
This was a wonderful book!!! I loved it!!! I have read this book 3 times already!! This is a good book for someone who likes dolphins and Marine animals!
Good book. Very easy though. Good for young readers.
A favorite book from when I was little.
Lala added it
Aug 21, 2015
Abygail marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Kathy marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Azalea marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Kevin marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Shelly marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Svenka marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Keygan marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015