Start by marking “Just Like You” as Want to Read:
Just Like You

Just Like You

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  26 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Evan is a good guy with high aspirations, a mother who loves him unconditionally and the hottest boyfriend ever. Evan also has a secret he has to come clean about before he goes all the way.

Evan has to tell Blake he has HIV.

Blake is a member of Overton High's elite drumline and loves life, but he still hides his sexuality from everyone outside of his and Evan's little bubb
ebook, Free
Published February 2014 by NA

To ask other readers questions about Just Like You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Like You

Mandy*reads obsessively*

Ok, when I read the blurb for this free short, I thought * oh please, don't break my heart and make me cry*
Well, it didn't, there was no manipulating my emotions. It is just a sweet short, about a boy who has to deal with way more than he should have to, with a cool mom and a nice boyfriend.

Evan was born with HIV and a cocaine addiction, thanks to his birth mother.
At 4 he lucked out and got an amazing wonderful mother in Marla. And now he also has a best friend Blake who is also his boyfriend
Eden Winters
Have you ever wondered what life is like for children born with HIV? They didn't one day discover they had it, it's been with them from day one. Things other children take for granted, Evan, the hero of Just Like You, has to be ever mindful of. He's paying the price of his biological mother's drug use, thankfully aided by an adopted mother who does everything she can for her son. She's watched him grow, battle illness, and take medication daily. She loves him. She's an awesome mother.

Now her so
Amy
Mar 19, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing
A short, free read that's part of the Real Story Safe Sex Project.
Lena Grey
Mar 30, 2014 Lena Grey rated it it was amazing
Few of us can imagine the nightmare involved in being HIV-positive, the precautions, the medications, the almost overwhelming responsibility of constantly having to keep themselves out of compromising positions which might put others at risk, not to mention fighting the misinformation and ignorance of the disease. It's a huge burden, especially for a young boy, but Evan, from 'Just Like You' by Zoe Lynn, handles it admirably.

Evan is a well-adjusted young man with a loving, supportive mother and
Shelley Chastagner
Jul 24, 2016 Shelley Chastagner rated it really liked it
There is some real depth to this short story. Evan's struggle to tell Blake of his status is real enough to make my stomach hurt for him. He's scared, but is so sure that Blake will be willing to listen and talk everything out. The pain is explosive when Blake reacts so badly. He lashes out in such ugly ways. I was impressed that Blake ended up in a place that not only calmed his fears and educated him, but showed him a totally different reaction than the one he had. They touch him without fear, ...more
AnnaLund
For my honest and true view of this book, please read …MORE

Free ebook, get it here:

Goodreads TOS-compliant review (I think, let me know when they tell us what the rules are):

"The book I just read is about two (or three) lovely people, written in beautiful language, by a very good and prolific author. I liked it very, very much.
It is for sale on Amazon.”

DISCLAIMER: My reviews now all have this pretty face, so that all and everyone on Goodreads can stay happy and beatific. I’ll let you know if I
Christopher
Evan has to tell his boyfriend that he was born HIV positive. This was a really great story. I didn't really expect the direction it went in. This story has one of my favorite book moms in it. She was amazing.
Birte
May 09, 2014 Birte rated it really liked it
Shelves: xx
How do you tell your boyfriend that you're HIV-positive? Can this have a happy ending? Evan is going to find out in this wonderful novella
Aiden Nicholas
Aiden Nicholas rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2015
Morgana_lefay
Morgana_lefay rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2015
Sofía
Sofía rated it it was ok
May 25, 2015
cmbookdiva
cmbookdiva rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2014
Maarja
Maarja rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2014
Lena
Feb 23, 2014 Lena marked it as to-read
Shelves: free-read
Free ebook download here
Anna T
Anna T rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2014
Zoe Lynne
May 30, 2014 Zoe Lynne rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tailtiu
Tailtiu rated it really liked it
Sunne
Sunne rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Tomma
Tomma rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2014
☆ Todd
☆ Todd rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Jeff Erno
Jeff Erno rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2014
Anke
Anke rated it really liked it
jules0623
jules0623 rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2014
Gabriela
Gabriela rated it it was ok
May 17, 2016
Frank Claudy
Frank Claudy rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2014
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
May 05, 2016
Tiaan Jonker
Tiaan Jonker marked it as to-read
Shierra
Shierra marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Dennie
Dennie marked it as to-read
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Tina Marie
Tina Marie marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
R.B.
R.B. marked it as to-read
Deeze
Deeze added it
Mie Chan
Mie Chan marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Andre Frise
Andre Frise marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Sadonna
Sadonna marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Mofrizzo
Mofrizzo marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Awan Mervin
Awan Mervin marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Anakin
Anakin marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014