Start by marking “Who Was Henry Ford?” as Want to Read:
Who Was Henry Ford?

Who Was Henry Ford? (Who Was/Is...?)

Born on a small farm in rural Michigan, Henry Ford’s humble beginnings were no match for his ambition. Ford quickly created a manufacturing dynasty, bringing affordable cars to the masses and forever changing America and the American workplace. Who Was Henry Ford? details his meteoric rise, and explains how the genius behind the assembly line and the Model T shaped modern ...more
Published August 28th 2014 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about Who Was Henry Ford?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Was Henry Ford?

Callahan S
Nov 23, 2016 Callahan S rated it really liked it
November
Who was: Henry Ford
Micheal Burgan

Henry Ford could be one of the greatest inventors ever! He made one of the first motorized cars. It had the potential to reach spends of 40 miles per hour! He was once in a race with at the time the world wealthiest car seller. The car that he used was very lightweight, it didn't even have brakes. This led to him overtaking him in the last stretch. He also invented the conveyer belt line. That is where one person works on the same thing all day, this red
Katy
Jul 21, 2016 Katy rated it it was amazing
Another student biography in my Class Challenge to read 2o student books over the summer--they had to be in the school library or my classroom library so the students and I could talk about them.

First, I really like the Who is/was.... and What was... series that Scholastic publishes. They are fabulous! Good, solid informational text with a focus on why it happened and why it is still important. Yesterday's story was on Henry Ford, whom I think is (or should be) a working class hero. He came from
Victor
Oct 21, 2015 Victor rated it really liked it
Who Was Henry Ford, By: Michael burgan

Henry Ford was a successful businessman who changed American industry. He was the first to mass produce automobiles. When he was younger he loved to fix watches for money. Henry Ford was a mid western boy who worked on his father's farm.

I like this book because it had sixteen pages filled with real photos of Henry Ford and his cars. I also like this book because it was like a timeline of Henry's life.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking t
Gordon Riser
Dec 14, 2014 Gordon Riser rated it really liked it
This book is good for people that like biographies. I liked this book because i like cars and it had pictures in it so and that helped me see what the author was talking about because i am a visual person. At first sight, you think this book is going to be another one of those boring books but once you start to read it you find things that you have in common with Henry Ford. There is a small sense of humor in the book for example Henry says "you can have any color of car you want as long as it's ...more
Philip Carlson
Sep 17, 2014 Philip Carlson rated it really liked it
I love the Who Was series and this was a great bio of Henry Ford. I really didn't know much about him. One thing I did know and was surprised, and glad, they did cover was his anti-Semitism. It was a short, open, respectful treatment, and I had not realized that he had repented and apologized for it. one of the things I like about the series is that it does deal with flaws while still allowing me to like the personalities they cover.
Bella
Apr 13, 2016 Bella rated it it was ok
I hated this book. Since I hate the automobile industry it was so boring. But, people who like the automobile industry will like this book. Henry Ford changed our lives by inventing a car. The Model's he made were amazing but... why don't they sell them anymore. I don't know who to recommend this book to.
Catherine
Sep 03, 2016 Catherine rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography, nonfiction
A good book for elementary and middle school students. I learned some interesting facts about his life that I had not heard before.
Nathaniel
Apr 13, 2015 Nathaniel rated it it was amazing
I liked it. He spent a lot of time with Thomas Edison and two other famous people. They'd go camping and not really go camping. There's two types of Model A's. And he spent 10 years just making Model T's cause they were so popular. But after awhile, his son said he should start making others too, so he did.
Kris
Feb 27, 2015 Kris rated it it was amazing
I liked reading this book. I love cars and it was fun reading a book about someone I admire. I learned a lot about Henry Ford. You will find out what he was like, the other famous friends he has and how he became successful in the auto industry.
Nolan
Feb 24, 2016 Nolan rated it really liked it
the book i read was who was Henry ford by Michael burgan the gunra of the book is nonfiction the setting is in Detroit the characters are Henry Ford and Clara An Ford. The book goes through Henry Fords life and how he thought of making a car. I gave this book 4 stars because it is a good book.
Abby
Apr 28, 2016 Abby rated it it was amazing
I read one of the who was books by Michael Burgan. The book I read was on Henry Ford. It talked about the accomplishments he's made, and what he's invented. His inventions really helped us out! I rated this book a 5/5 and would definitely recommend it.
Agnes Budianto
Nov 05, 2015 Agnes Budianto rated it really liked it
Shelves: pinjeman
From this book, I came upon to know that Ford's only son died before him, and that he was one of Edison's friend.
Mary Mason
Mary Mason rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Marcus White
Marcus White rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Ellie
Ellie rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2015
Penguin Teen
Penguin Teen rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2014
Elena Collins
Elena Collins rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2015
Mary Cartwright
Mary Cartwright rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Hussein Salim
Hussein Salim rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Patrick Willoughby
Patrick Willoughby rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Owen
Owen rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2014
Alicia Adams
Alicia Adams rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Brandon
Brandon rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Matthew L. Peterson
Matthew L. Peterson rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Jennifer Glazebrook
Jennifer Glazebrook rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
Nisha Shah
Nisha Shah rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
Stephanie Benoit
Stephanie Benoit rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Ben
Ben rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2015
J. Tracey
J. Tracey rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2015
Kaavya Jethwa
Kaavya Jethwa rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Who Was Roald Dahl?
  • Who Was Davy Crockett?
  • Who Was Marie Curie?
  • Who Was Bruce Lee?
  • What Was Pearl Harbor?
  • Who Was Paul Revere?
  • Who Was Louis Armstrong?
  • Who Were the Beatles?
  • Who Was Alexander Graham Bell?
  • Who Was Frida Kahlo?
  • Who Was Louis Braille?
  • Who Was Isaac Newton?
  • Who Was Susan B. Anthony?
  • Who Were the Wright Brothers?
  • Who Is Steven Spielberg?
  • Who Was Claude Monet?
  • Who Was Maria Tallchief?
  • Who Was Gandhi?

Who Was/Is...? (1 - 10 of 128 books)
  • Who Was Abigail Adams?
  • Who Was Abraham Lincoln?
  • Who Was Albert Einstein?
  • Who Was Alexander Graham Bell?
  • Who Was Alexander the Great?
  • Who Was Alfred Hitchcock?
  • Who Was Amelia Earhart?
  • Who Was Andy Warhol?