Start by marking “Love in the Shadows” as Want to Read:
Love in the Shadows

Love in the Shadows

** Only 99¢ for a limited time **

Can a feisty four-legged matchmaker help four best friends find the romance of their dreams?

Jenny is a woman on a mission – she’ll even resort to dognapping to make her point! But can she teach a reclusive, emotionally-wounded tycoon that love heals all things?
Published March 28th 2014 by Entangled: Indulgence

To ask other readers questions about Love in the Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in the Shadows

Irene
Feb 28, 2014 Irene rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed Love in the Shadows.

This is the fourth story from The Billionaire's Matchmaker: An Indulgence Anthology

The Billionaire's Matchmaker: An Indulgence Anthology

Jenny's and Nick's story was sweet and heartwarming. Seeing them come through the pain and insecurities from their past to finding comfort in each others arm left me feeling full of hope that they had found their soul mate :)

While I enjoyed all the couples I think Jenny and Nick's story was my fav.

Kimberly
Feb 21, 2014 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

3.5 Hearts This is the fourth is the “series” of short stories, each story is only about 60 pages long. I am not sure if it is really a series since each book is from a different author but it does involve the same people and the same dog. This is the best of the series. I enjoyed the couple very much. Their feelings are palpable from the pages. The hurt and insecurity. The story is sweet and completes the series very well.

Each book from this series is g
Heather
Mar 31, 2014 Heather rated it liked it
Jenny is scarred on the inside from one too many bad relationships. Nick is scarred on the outside by a horrendous accident that has left him hiding in the shadows. Jenny's pooch has been courted by Nick's slick terrier, and is now having puppies! Jenny seeks out the tycoon to wrangle up from vet bill money and ends up dog-napping his dog back to her home when she feels he isn't getting the attention he should from Nick. What ensue next are a few mix ups, awkward situations... and a whole lot of ...more
Becky
Jul 27, 2016 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, novella, arc
Short and sweet--I really enjoyed this one. Both Jenny and Nick were scarred--literally and figuratively--and both needed the nudge provided by the four-legged "matchmaker" of the series. I especially liked that the heroine admitted at the end that it was too soon for a true HEA (it's only about 70 pages long), but that she has definite hope of one.

Two thumbs (or maybe paws are more appropriate?) up!

Now, time to go back and read the first three in the series... ;)

Rating: 4 stars / A-

I received
Judy
Oct 01, 2016 Judy rated it it was ok
Just a standard romance book, really nothing that stood out for me. She's a school teacher, he's a millionaire scarred by an accident. He thinks he's ugly but nobody else does. School teacher draws him out, etc., etc., etc.
Mira Green
Mira Green rated it did not like it
Dec 10, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2014
Hope
Hope rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2015
Uvini
Uvini rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2015
Louise Ryan
Louise Ryan rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2015
Autumn (Fic Talk)
Autumn (Fic Talk) rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2014
Daisy Sandoval
Daisy Sandoval rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was ok
May 31, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Lisa Sawh
Lisa Sawh rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2015
Ron Mager
Ron Mager rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2014
ANGELIA
ANGELIA rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Simone
Mar 30, 2014 Simone rated it liked it
Laura rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Ethel
Ethel rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Kirsten
4 1/2 stars
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Libraryangel
Libraryangel rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Tcat
Tcat rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Mikki
Mikki rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2014
paradox
paradox rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2014
Kathy014
Kathy014 rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Vanessa Marques
Vanessa Marques rated it did not like it
Apr 09, 2014
Kelly Corrigan
Kelly Corrigan rated it it was ok
Nov 18, 2016
Barbara Wallace has been a life-long romantic and daydreamer so it's not surprising she decided to become a writer at age eight. However, it wasn't until a co-worker handed her a romance novel that she knew where her stories belonged. For years she limited her dreams to nights, weekends and commuter train trips while working as a communications specialist, PR freelancer and full-time mom. At the ...more
More about Barbara Wallace...