Start by marking “Depths (Southern Watch, #2)” as Want to Read:
Depths (Southern Watch, #2)

Depths (Southern Watch #2)

The underworld is rising in Midian, Tennessee, a small town and burgeoning hotspot of demonic activity. When a string of savage and horrific murders committed by demons shocks the town, the unsuspecting Sheriff's Department scrambles to track down the culprit.

Working outside the bounds of the law is Deputy Archibald "Arch" Stan and demon hunter Lafayette Hendricks. The tw
Published February 2nd 2014 by Reikonos Press (first published February 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Depths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Depths

Nicolette
Feb 21, 2014 Nicolette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook
I'm assuming everyone who's read advanced copies of this book-slash-was-emailing-RJC-vomiting-emoticons was disgusted by the Colleen Incident. Um. Well. Maybe I'm just really fucked in the head as well, because that didn't revolt me. (And TBH even if it had I would have kept reading.)

Anyway. I didn't love Gideon as much as I loved Hollywood but he definitely had the bigger badder bad guy thing going on. RJC was definitely right when he made the 'not for kiddies' disclaimer, but I love it. The ch
Amy_Read to My Heart's Content
Full review at: http://readtomyhearts.blogspot.com/20...

My Review(Daughter):

I was forewarned by Crane that I might not like the disturbing scene that everyone was talking about so he wanted to let me know to watch out for it. And I admit it was disturbing indeed, but I also know why it was there. We needed to truly see the emptiness that Gideon is and the depravity of the situation showed us that Gideon only cares for his next "fix", so to speak. So from an author's standpoint, I believe that Cr
Cheryl M-M
Apr 30, 2014 Cheryl M-M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second in the Southern Watch series, a whole new ball game for high fantasy and urban fantasy author Crane.

It is darker, more risqué and offers scenarios that can push the boundaries. It just depends on what those boundaries are for each reader.

On a side note Crane seems to have it going on in the whole erotic scene creation. He has got the soul-eating, sorry soul-sucking by Gideon down to a fine art. Demon ejaculation 101 that's all I'm saying.

However that also seems to be whole poi
Josh
Feb 24, 2014 Josh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Richard
Feb 21, 2016 Richard rated it really liked it
Good fun.

If you're a fan of Supernatural and the genre, then you'll enjoy this book. This is the second in the series and is as good as the first. The protagonist is a demon hunter who wanderers the American landscape attempting to revenge himself on the demons that destroyed his family and life. The current hot spot is in Midian, TN and there's one local deputy who is willing to help, that and the support of the mysterious woman known only as Sparrow. Good read, starting the third of the series
Jo
Feb 09, 2014 Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes, the second book in a series can be a bit of a let down. I was worried. I shouldn't have been. It easily holds its own against Called. Starting reasonably slowly, but ultimately rushing to a finale that leaves more questions than answers, this is, once again, a thoroughly enjoyable book from this writer.

However, before release, readers were warned that this one would be darker than the previous one, more disturbing. He was right. Gideon's character made me want to take my brain out and
E.R.
Mar 19, 2014 E.R. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first book, but this one is even better. The main characters all experience growth and have their own moments in the book. New characters are introduced in interesting ways.

The story itself is presented in an interesting way. There are continuing plot lines from the first book that are resolved or clarified, as well as new mysteries to solve.

I am definitely looking forward to the next installment.
Justin Lambert
Sep 03, 2016 Justin Lambert rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!!!

Great series, 3 days ago I discovered Robert J Crane and I feel like a kid who just discovered the taste of candy. I blew through Books 1 and 2, so I am sure I will finish the series this Labor Day weekend! I highly recommended these books and I look forward to the remaining 3.
Benton Mcpeak
Nov 05, 2015 Benton Mcpeak rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than the first in the series. More story and less violence. but still plenty of monster fighting. It's been over a year since I read Called but I'll make an effort to read Corrupted soon so I can stay in the story.
Harold Reavley
Feb 03, 2015 Harold Reavley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read, the demons in this one a little more out there and adult then the last. Interested to see where it goes from here.
Ross
Jul 21, 2016 Ross rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought
5/5 this is a very imaginative and thorough author who develops A very different style of story for this genre. Buying next book now.
Pat Michaels
Jul 21, 2014 Pat Michaels rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, 2014
Can I rate this lower? It is hard to put my dislike into words. Utter crap. Maybe not that difficult to find the words.
Jim Kratzok
An excellent continuation of this series. The addition of Duncan and Lerner to the cast added an almost comic affect. And who/what is Starling? I guess that will be answered in book #3.
A Brown
A Brown rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2016
Eskamick
Eskamick rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2015
Nick Brock
Nick Brock rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
sv nayman
sv nayman rated it did not like it
Nov 07, 2016
Keith Symcox
Keith Symcox rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Wendi (BrokenBinding)
Wendi (BrokenBinding) rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Gerry B
Gerry B rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Michelle Renea Hartman
Michelle Renea Hartman rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
Ani
Ani rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
gavin magennis
gavin magennis rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
randytouchet
randytouchet rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Henrik Dohlmann
Henrik Dohlmann rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2014
John W. Orr
John W. Orr rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Ethan Blodgett
Ethan Blodgett rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Matt Bowden
Matt Bowden rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Reece
Reece rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2015
David Grundy
David Grundy rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Sinners & Sorcerers: Four Urban Fantasy Thrillers
  • Death Rejoices (The Marnie Baranuik Files #2)
  • The Secret Trinity: Glass Castles ( Fae-Witch Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Black Dragon
  • Immortal with a Kiss (Emma Andrews #2)
  • The Demon Hunters (Whisperings, #2)
  • The Dead, the Damned, and the Forgotten (Dark Days, #0.6)
  • St. Nick
  • Modern Sorcery (Jonathan Shade, #1)
  • Darkness Taunts (The Sensor, #2)
  • All Hallows Night (Night, #2)
  • Hot Coffee, Iced Santa (A Roasted Love Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Coven by Christmas (Magical Holiday Tales, #2)
  • Ferntree Falls (Witchwood Estate, #2)
  • A Note Below (A Lansin Island Short Story)
  • Capture Me (Connected, #2)
  • The Predator (The Munro Family #3)
Robert J. Crane was born and raised on Florida's Space Coast before moving to the upper midwest in search of cooler climates and more palatable beer. He graduated from the University of Central Florida with a degree in English Creative Writing. He worked for a year as a substitute teacher and worked in the financial services field for seven years while writing in his spare time.
More about Robert J. Crane...

Southern Watch (4 books)
  • Called (Southern Watch, #1)
  • Corrupted (Southern Watch, #3)
  • Unearthed (Southern Watch, #4)