Start by marking “Transform Your Habits” as Want to Read:
Transform Your Habits

Transform Your Habits

Here’s a quick rundown of 10 things you’ll learn in this guide…

- How to reverse your bad habits and stick to good ones.
- The science of how your brain processes habits.
- The common mistakes most people make (and how to avoid them).
- How to overcome a lack of motivation and willpower.
- How to develop a stronger identity and believe in yourself.
- How to make time for n

To ask other readers questions about Transform Your Habits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transform Your Habits

Venus Blancia
Jan 29, 2016 Venus Blancia rated it really liked it
I always love James Clear's brevity and practicality to deliver what needs to be delivered and things to learn and unlearn.
Fabio
May 18, 2015 Fabio rated it it was amazing
Less is more. This short book (45 pages in large font) is a perfect example as in few pages it manages to present very useful tips, example and strategy to do an effective transformation of our life.

Simplicity does not means put less effort, on the contrary, but finding the right way to focus our energies and thoughts is paramount.
I really appreciate both aspect of the book:
- a theoretical overview, short and concise, on how our mind (and habits) work and influence us and how positively change
Livio Dinaj
Mar 01, 2015 Livio Dinaj rated it it was amazing
Proof that small books are often the very best sources of knowledge

The key message of this book is the way to transform bad habits into good ones, and to avoid relapsing into negative ones

The key ideas of this books are summed up in the following sections:

How are habits formed:
- Reminder\trigger, routine, and reward. If the reward is positive, it will become a habit
- How to make new ones: current habits become reminders of new habits, make it incredibly easy to start, reward yourself when you do
Alaa Mrad
Dec 15, 2015 Alaa Mrad rated it really liked it
كتاب جيد وخفيف يوضح لك الطريق لتبديل عاداتك السيئة بعادات حسنة، ويبين لك كيف يتعامل العقل مع عملية تغيير العادات.

ويوضح أيضا كيف أن التخفيز والإرادة سلاحان لا فائدة منهما لتغيير عاداتك وكسر روتين حياتك، إنما السلاح الأقوى لذلك هو إنشاء stronger identity وتغيير البيئة من حولك عبر إيجاد بيئة أخرى ملائمة للعادات الجديدة التي تنوي اكتسابها.

وأوضح أخيرا أن عملية تغيير العادات تتطلب وقتا وخطة وبرنامج والتزام.

Bindu Upadhyay
Mar 16, 2016 Bindu Upadhyay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
A very crisp summary of "Power of Habit". It also includes practical examples from the author's life. I have noted a bunch of action items. More like a summary of the summary.
"Start small" "Set schedules, not deadlines" are my key takeaways.
Kathryn
Oct 14, 2015 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Lots of great tips and methods for building habits, and replacing old habits. Definitely worth a read. You can get it for free at his website www.jamesclear.com
Harish Sankar
Mar 18, 2016 Harish Sankar rated it it was amazing
Great Book.
Don't let its simplicity fool you.
This is a tool guide, to rewire your brain to make and stick to good habits!
Vinoth Srinivasan
Mar 18, 2016 Vinoth Srinivasan rated it really liked it
Shelves: exploring-me
To develop a new good habit or to replace a old bad habit...this simple book is a must read.
Shatha Al-Jamhoor
Shelves: favorites
المختصر المفيد.
Atiyeh
Oct 23, 2016 Atiyeh rated it it was amazing
That's a really good guide on how to improve yourself, even though it's relatively short. Recommended!
Brad Dugg
Dec 23, 2015 Brad Dugg rated it really liked it
A terrific book on understanding and transforming habits.

We are made of our habits, this is true. Period. This book encapsulates how our habits can become better and also choose better habits. From waking up to sleeping our life involves a lot of mundane and routine activities and our thought process runs mostly in attending those habits and fulfilling activities for the day.

This book enhances and makes us understand how we can do the same things better and thus become a better person. This book
Fai Kavochi
Jul 09, 2015 Fai Kavochi rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
Yes it is a small book but the information you get in here is more than enought o transform your whole being into a whole new self.
Learn how to:-
1. How to reverse your bad habits and stick to good ones.
2. The science of how your brain processes habits.
3. The common mistakes most people make (and how to avoid them).
4. How to overcome a lack of motivation and willpower.
5. How to develop a stronger identity and believe in yourself.
6. How to make time for new habits (even when your life gets crazy)
Teddi Deppner
Oct 12, 2015 Teddi Deppner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I've taken courses on time management and read books on habits for success, but James Clear has a way of putting things that makes more sense than anything else I've seen. He deals with the deeper psychological reasons that we fail to do even those things we really WANT to do.

Using the insights he's shared, I have made forward progress in so many areas of my life: my health and fitness, my productivity and my business success. It doesn't matter what you need to change, the principles here apply
Vex
Aug 25, 2016 Vex rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, short-story
Main takeaways:
- identity-based changes (e.g. don't set a goal to exercise, but think "I'm a person who works out.")
- set a schedule, not goals (don't say "I want to run a race by October", instead schedule a run 3x/week, every week until October)
- to break down bad habits:
....... choose a substitute behaviour that will serve the same need
....... monitor what/when/why/how often/... is the habit triggered
....... set a hard limit (a "bright line")
....... escalate the limit gradually ("I don't eat
Ellen ekgpoetry
Nov 16, 2014 Ellen ekgpoetry rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2014, growth
Honestly, I didn't expect much from this free ebook. Thus I was pleasantly surprised to find it full of clear, concise, and useful information, about how to change one's habits. No matter what your goals, relying on motivation, inspiration, and will power will get you off to a strong start and then leave you wondering where you went wrong. Read this book to learn key concepts that get you beyond the shallow end and diving deep to reach your goals.
Tiit Hendrik Piibeleht
May 25, 2016 Tiit Hendrik Piibeleht rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone, who wants to make long-lasting positive changes in their life.
This book was rather short, yet still had a lot of great advice. It provides good, simple and easily applicable methods you can start using in your day-to-day life.
James brings relevant examples from his own life, as well as a lot of common problems many people struggle with and also provides potential solutions for them.
Glenda
Mar 17, 2014 Glenda rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for idea of how to change your habits or motivate yourself, this is probably one of the most useful that I've read (and I've read a lot…) . It's a very quick read with practical examples that you can take into your own experience right away.
Hung
Jan 14, 2016 Hung rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book. It addresses a lot of problems which I am facing. Through this book, James teaches me how to build good daily habits, start small, define my identity. And the most important thing is Focus on the practice, not the performance.
Danny Dover
Jul 26, 2016 Danny Dover rated it it was ok
Short read with semi-interesting mental models for mostly common sense. I would have liked to see more of the promised science rather than just the paraphrased words of a Stanford professor restated three times.
Adam Urban
Apr 02, 2016 Adam Urban rated it it was amazing
I didn't expect much of such a short book, but I was positively surprised. James Clear showed me another perspective on habits and how motivation is often overvalued. Easy to read and filled with useful examples.
Ruwi
Sep 15, 2015 Ruwi rated it it was ok
This book is a good initiative to anyone who is keen on building a new habit or break a bad one. It simply assists you to manage your environment, tie up with your day to day habits to help build new ones and break away from the ones that demotivates you. Good read!
Claudio
Feb 20, 2016 Claudio rated it it was amazing
A short guide - more like an introduction. Really well written as everything else I have read from the author.

A nice easy to digest way to dive into changing your habits. After this you should definitely pick up the power of habit.
Tomas Laurinavicius
Jul 29, 2016 Tomas Laurinavicius rated it liked it
A simple guide to help you identify your habits, replace bad ones with good ones and redesign your lifestyle without big sacrifices.
Sumit Mohinani
May 16, 2015 Sumit Mohinani rated it it was amazing
If one wants to change his/her bad habits or make some new good habits, this is the book from where one can start. Its really short, to the point, well-written book. Loved it
Suman Aluru
Sep 29, 2014 Suman Aluru rated it really liked it
great summary of Power of Habits, I loved it, refreshing , power of habits changed my life quite a bit, after reading this I'm picking two more new habits to work on.
Jeroen De Dauw
May 10, 2016 Jeroen De Dauw rated it really liked it
Nice informative read. The repetition of some points annoyed me enough to give this 3 stars, if it where not for the book being free.
Shaya
May 31, 2016 Shaya rated it it was amazing
It's so helpful and the way he wrote the book I do really like it so much .. <3 I'm going for the next book Mastering creativity ...
Prashant Mudgal
Mar 25, 2014 Prashant Mudgal rated it really liked it
Clear and Concise , thats how the self help books should be.
It contained the matter what needs to there in a self help book.
Liked it and jotted down few points from it on the notepad.
Axel D. Lados
A brilliantly written concise book with very applicable tactics and strategies for making your day to day life better. Highly recommended.
  • Squirrel Inc.: A Fable of Leadership Through Storytelling
  • Career Distinction: Stand Out by Building Your Brand
  • You Are a Brand!: How Smart People Brand Themselves for Business Success
  • The Power of Fifty Bits: The New Science of Turning Good Intentions into Positive Results
  • كيف تختفي
  • Jesus Have I Loved, But Paul?: A Narrative Approach to the Problem of Pauline Christianity
  • The Extroverted Writer: An Author's Guide to Marketing and Building a Platform
  • 30 سؤالًا!
  • Creating Flow with OmniFocus
  • Zapped: Why Your Cell Phone Shouldn't Be Your Alarm Clock and 1,268 Ways to Outsmart the Hazards of Electronic Pollution
  • Deadly Force - Understanding Your Right to Self Defense
  • A Regular Guy: Growing Up With Autism
  • Animals in Winter (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science. Stage 1)
  • Right Hand, Left Hand: The Origins of Asymmetry in Brains, Bodies, Atoms and Cultures
  • Freedom, Inc.: Free Your Employees and Let Them Lead Your Business to Higher Productivity, Profits, and Growth
  • It Will Be Exhilarating: Indie Capitalism and Design Entrepreneurship in the 21st Century
  • Smudge, The Little Lost Lamb
  • A Brief Guide to World Domination
James Clear writes at JamesClear.com, where he shares ideas for using behavior science to improve your performance and master your habits.
More about James Clear...

“Becoming the type of person you want to become — someone who lives by a stronger standard, someone who believes in themselves, someone who can be counted on by the people that matter to them — is about the daily process you follow and not the ultimate product you achieve.” 2 likes