Start by marking “Soldier's Wives” as Want to Read:
Soldier's Wives

Soldier's Wives

This page-turning soap opera interweaves the stories of three women trying to get to grips with military life.

Chrissie, orphaned young, finds solace in her career as a medic in the regiment, but will love for a married man prove her undoing?

Maddy, a brilliant Oxford graduate, is bogged down with a fretful baby and a super-ambitious officer husband. Will she be able to st
Published May 28th 2014 by Head of Zeus (first published March 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Soldier's Wives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soldier's Wives

Megan Taylor
Aug 18, 2014 Megan Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally related to this book being married to a soldier (now in civilian street after 23 years service) - it made me giggle at times and also made me miss the umbrella I lived under. Easy read and great chick lit.
Wendy Soliman
May 30, 2014 Wendy Soliman rated it it was amazing
A fun page-turner that kept my attention. This lady was in the army herself and clearly knows how the system works. I thought the 'selfish' wife was a little too...well, selfish and presumably had one or two redeeming features. Even so, we all love to have someone to hate and I hope we'll see more of the same from this writer.
Anne
May 17, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it
Three women, very different women, who find themselvs flung together because of the Army. Each of these women play their own individual role in Soldiers' Wives; a story that reveals the intricacies of living in a military community.

Chrissie is dedicated to her career in the Army, she's training to be a medic and takes it very seriously. Determined to stay fit and active, and to be a success, she tries her best to fight her feelings for a man who is really out of bounds.

Maddy is struggling. Strug
Elaine
Aug 26, 2014 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: like-it-like-it
I can’t think of anything about this book that I didn’t like. It is the story of three women, two of whom are married to soldiers. Jenna is married to squaddie Lee and Maddie to officer Seb. They are both newly arrived at the barracks and both adapting to their new lifestyles. The third main character is Chrissie, a trainee army medic at the barracks who is tasting independence for the first time in her life and is determined to make the most of it.

I loved the way the author portrayed life at th
Heather
Jan 25, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book but I also wanted to hate it! Why? I am a soldiers wife!

I instantly liked Chrissie and Lee, took an imediate dislike to Jenna and had mild indifference for Maddie!
Funnily enough I could see real wives that I've met or heard about in each of the characters but there were some parts of the story were just too much like the fantasy army life portrayed on Soldier Soldier!!

I'm glad I read it amd I was pleasantly surprised to find that I did enjoy it.......mind you on our ne
Elizabeth Bailey
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Apart from a page-turning read, which it is, I was fascinated by the insight into army life, and especially how it was for soldiers in Afghanistan. Three extremely interesting women were put through their paces and it was a treat to follow their fortunes. Mind you, I did feel the wretched Jenna seriously needed a good slap! The characters were beautifully drawn and I totally believed in all of them.
Rachael Lucas
Apr 06, 2014 Rachael Lucas rated it it was amazing
This is so sharp, well written and clever. I really enjoyed it. Stayed up until long after midnight reading it last night because I couldn't stop!
Helen Costello
Apr 14, 2014 Helen Costello rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read. Eager to keep picking it up. Some elements were slightly predictable but the Afghan sections was well written. Some scope for a follow up book following other characters.
Kobby Gyampoh
Aug 26, 2014 Kobby Gyampoh rated it it was amazing

Also on http://chicklitpad.blogspot.com

MY REVIEW

I loved, loved this book. So you know throughout this review I’d be yelling at you to go get it.
It’s amazing when you pick chick-lit titles that focus on a group of women you’ve always been interested to read about. Hollywood Wives, Footballer Wives, Plastic Surgeon Wives, you name it. Then you read that title and you are enamored by these women you read about (except Plastic Surgeon Wives who go behind their husband’s backs because they are afrai
Carina
Nov 12, 2015 Carina rated it it was amazing
I must admit I did fall entirely for the cover when I bought this ebook, the striking and over romanticised imagery swayed me, along with the fact that my SO is in the process of joining the navy – I felt it might be appropriate reading.

Fiona Field, joined the army when she was 18 and married an army bomb disposal expert at 21, when she turned 26 and pregnant, she was chucked out of the army. Her books are very focused around the trials and tribulations of being an army wife with children, as w
Debra
For my written review, please check out the link below:
Debra's Book Cafe

Debs :-)
Rhoda Baxter
Apr 25, 2014 Rhoda Baxter rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked it up, especially as it was described like 'soap opera like'. In the event, I really enjoyed meeting the three very different heroines and their heroes. It was interesting to see how the women each saw different aspects of army life and their emotional response was so different.

The best bit about it was they way the writing was so immersed in the army life style. It was unapologetic in the use of army jargon - there were no explanatio
Rachel
May 16, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-that-i-own
This book was just simply lovely to read. The characters, for the most part, were detailed and likeable and the plot was original and beautifully laid out. However, I found myself really disliking the character of Jenna from the very beginning and this dislike just grew as the book went on. Additionally, I felt that the character of Maddy was not complex enough and her only role in the story was to pass on gossip. On the other hand, it was great how these characters linked together adding to my ...more
Marisa
Mar 29, 2015 Marisa rated it really liked it
I was quickly drawn into the story and into the lives of the characters. They were all very well written and believable – I was so frustrated with what was happens in the lives of soldiers and their wives, and a very surprising plot line There was quite a few characters I engaged with and who I felt the most sympathy for the heroines and family.

My thanks to Netgalley and the publisher Square Publishing for the digital copy to review.
Alison
The first page was right into the atrocities of war, so I thought the cover was a bit wrong. Then it became a light romance story but retained the depth of writing about soldiers in a war zone. The Wives' Club and its expectations made me feel uncomfortable. The positives of that weren't given much light, but that was kind of a side issue to the action between the main characters Chrissie and Lee.
Meghan Ryan
Jul 02, 2014 Meghan Ryan rated it really liked it
This book engaged me from the beginning, from following the lives of 2 soldiers wives and a female medic. I loved how they all linked together, and, from personal experience, some of the situations that cropped up are hilariously true. I would definitely recommend this book to anybody who has a partner in the Army, or, anyone who is looking for a 'light' read!
Rebecca
Jun 04, 2016 Rebecca rated it it was ok
A bit of fluff only..possibly best read at the beach where none of the grey matter will be required! Or floating on a lilo.... Then you can have some brain cells left over to concentrate on not falling out!
Angela Gascoigne
Jun 28, 2014 Angela Gascoigne rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book which gave a very realistic insight into the dangers our brave soldiers, both male and female face on a daily basis. At the other side of the story were the issues affecting the wives and families of soldiers, all rolled into one really entertaining read.
Hayley Strike
Apr 12, 2015 Hayley Strike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An easy read the kind of book you can pick up and put down it was a little predictable but I enjoyed it
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
I did like it and I do think it is very well written but this isn't one I will be reading again and again in the future. It is entertaining and kept me reading until the very end.

Rita Ansbro
Rita Ansbro rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
May 01, 2014
Natasha Woods
Natasha Woods rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
Gina Miles
Gina Miles rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Clare
Clare rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Laura Bray
Laura Bray rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Joyce Willis
Joyce Willis rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2014
Lesley
Lesley rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • One Summer Night at the Ritz (Cherry Pie Island, #4)
  • Naughty Or Nice? A HarperImpulse Christmas Anthology
  • The Silver Collection (short story collection)
  • The Bishop's Wife
  • How to Stuff Up Christmas
  • Humbugs and Heartstrings
  • The Life You Left
  • Christmas Without Holly
  • Me and Mr Carrington
  • Coming Up Roses
  • Chocolate Dreams at the Gingerbread Café (The Gingerbread Café, #2)
  • Carpe DiEmily (Parts 1 & 2): A Romantic Comedy Adventure
  • Becoming Johnny Vegas
  • Marriage and other Games
  • His First Wife
  • The Congressman's Wife (The Congressman Trilogy, #1)
  • 39 weeks