A Bunny is Funny

A Bunny is Funny

2.91 of 5 stars 2.91  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  15 reviews
In this picture book, short rhymes point out traits that characterize different animals, such as the keen eyesight of an owl or the beauty of butterfly wings. The minimalist artwork and humorous poetry should keep both parents and children amused.
Published April 28th 2008 by Blue Apple Books

To ask other readers questions about A Bunny is Funny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bunny is Funny

Shelli
As soon as I read the title my daughter said "If this book isn't funny you should give it a bad review because of the false title." Kids are awesome! O.k. so the book was not "funny." And really only a read for pre-school aged kids. I did like how several of the descriptions talked about the animal without saying what the animal is.

Example:
Here's a most unusual beast.
It's ears are most and its tail is least.
It has a long and limber nose that sprays out water like a hose.

Even though this book...more
Donna
Dec 08, 2011 Donna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: preschoolers that like zoo and farm animals
Shelves: children-s
My 2-1/2 year old son loves this book. He loves reading about animals and learning their sounds. This book makes rhymes about each animal. Such as "Betcha you never thunk you could stink like a skunk." It even has two pull out pages which my son reaches for as soon as he sees them.

Overall a fun book and not to bad to have to read every night to your child. Great chance to practice animal sounds and learn about different animals.

Another library book we'll have to purchase for our own library.
Serena
This is an excellent picture book to read to a child who is learning about different animals. The illustrations are colorful and engaging and the short poems that accompany each animal are clever and silly. There are even a few lift and flap pages with animals "hiding" underneath for a fun surprise. Definitely a fun book for both child and parent!
Mandy
A collection of short poems about different animals. Some pages poems lend itself to where the students can guess the animals before the poem is completely read or the illustration is shown. All would be good examples to read aloud and then encourage students to write and illustrate their own after researching an animal.
Tricia
pictures are cute but the rhythm is off in this book of different animals. it would be hard to have the kids guess the animals based upon text not rhyming or with smooth cadence unless one just had them yell out as the page turned. not going to put in the storytime loop.
Sq.Hill Library
"This is not a horse that's lumpy, but a camel that's double humpy." This book features a series of animals roughly painted on canvas with short descriptive rhymes that tell something about the animal on the page. A great choice for storytime!
The Library Lady
Art is gorgeous. Cadence of the rhymes is horrible. And I am going to have to reinforce that damned fold out page with the cut outs, or the first two year old allowed to look at it unsupervised (really) is going to kill it.
Amanda Andrews
This books is excellent for learning rhyme or about animals. It is easy to read and has wonderful and colorful pictures. The rhymes are easy to identify and the descriptions of the animals are pretty funny!
Leah
Great rhymes inviting children to guess the animal. Some lesser known animals in this one, so might work with kindies or grade 1s.
Rowlak5
This would be fun to read with preschoolers except it's not funny (as the title implies) so I never would.
Leah
I thought this book was cute but my kindergarteners didn't really take to it. Maybe for younger kids.
Denise
The rhymes were too forced and the humor the title implies is present was lost on me.
Tina
"rhyming, animal poetry, one page per animal"
Katie
cute illustrations; funny animal rhymes
Brenda Pritchard
Preschool; Rhyming
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Rhonda Mort
Rhonda Mort marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Jaime Cota
Jaime Cota marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013
Rosemaria
Rosemaria marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2013
Arlyn
Arlyn added it
Jul 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Harriet Ziefert grew up in North Bergen, New Jersey, where she attended the local schools. She graduated from Smith College, then received a Masters degree in Education from New York University.

For many years, Ziefert was an elementary school teacher. She taught most grades from kindergarten to fifth grade. "I liked it," she said, but she stopped teaching when she had her own sons. When her childr...more
More about Harriet Ziefert...
A New Coat for Anna Sleepy Dog My Dog Thinks I'm A Genius Lucy Rescued Snow Party