Start by marking “A Bunny is Funny” as Want to Read:
A Bunny is Funny

A Bunny is Funny

In this picture book, short rhymes point out traits that characterize different animals, such as the keen eyesight of an owl or the beauty of butterfly wings. The minimalist artwork and humorous poetry should keep both parents and children amused.
Published April 28th 2008 by Blue Apple Books

To ask other readers questions about A Bunny is Funny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bunny is Funny

Shelli
Aug 02, 2011 Shelli rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
As soon as I read the title my daughter said "If this book isn't funny you should give it a bad review because of the false title." Kids are awesome! O.k. so the book was not "funny." And really only a read for pre-school aged kids. I did like how several of the descriptions talked about the animal without saying what the animal is.

Example:
Here's a most unusual beast.
It's ears are most and its tail is least.
It has a long and limber nose that sprays out water like a hose.

Even though this book
Casandria
Mar 08, 2017 Casandria rated it it was ok
Silly rhymes about animals.
Donna
Dec 08, 2011 Donna rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: preschoolers that like zoo and farm animals
Shelves: children-s
My 2-1/2 year old son loves this book. He loves reading about animals and learning their sounds. This book makes rhymes about each animal. Such as "Betcha you never thunk you could stink like a skunk." It even has two pull out pages which my son reaches for as soon as he sees them.

Overall a fun book and not to bad to have to read every night to your child. Great chance to practice animal sounds and learn about different animals.

Another library book we'll have to purchase for our own library.
Serena
This is an excellent picture book to read to a child who is learning about different animals. The illustrations are colorful and engaging and the short poems that accompany each animal are clever and silly. There are even a few lift and flap pages with animals "hiding" underneath for a fun surprise. Definitely a fun book for both child and parent!
Mandy
Oct 07, 2012 Mandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A collection of short poems about different animals. Some pages poems lend itself to where the students can guess the animals before the poem is completely read or the illustration is shown. All would be good examples to read aloud and then encourage students to write and illustrate their own after researching an animal.
The Library Lady
Sep 24, 2008 The Library Lady rated it it was ok
Art is gorgeous. Cadence of the rhymes is horrible. And I am going to have to reinforce that damned fold out page with the cut outs, or the first two year old allowed to look at it unsupervised (really) is going to kill it.
Sq.Hill Library
Oct 15, 2008 Sq.Hill Library rated it really liked it
Shelves: rachel
"This is not a horse that's lumpy, but a camel that's double humpy." This book features a series of animals roughly painted on canvas with short descriptive rhymes that tell something about the animal on the page. A great choice for storytime!
Amanda Andrews
Nov 19, 2010 Amanda Andrews rated it it was amazing
This books is excellent for learning rhyme or about animals. It is easy to read and has wonderful and colorful pictures. The rhymes are easy to identify and the descriptions of the animals are pretty funny!
Tricia
Aug 22, 2008 Tricia rated it liked it
pictures are cute but the rhythm is off in this book of different animals. it would be hard to have the kids guess the animals based upon text not rhyming or with smooth cadence unless one just had them yell out as the page turned. not going to put in the storytime loop.
kristen
May 29, 2012 kristen rated it did not like it
This would be fun to read with preschoolers except it's not funny (as the title implies) so I never would.
Leah
Jun 15, 2012 Leah rated it liked it
Shelves: for-the-kids
I thought this book was cute but my kindergarteners didn't really take to it. Maybe for younger kids.
Leah
Jan 22, 2013 Leah rated it really liked it
Great rhymes inviting children to guess the animal. Some lesser known animals in this one, so might work with kindies or grade 1s.
Denise
Aug 28, 2008 Denise rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
The rhymes were too forced and the humor the title implies is present was lost on me.
Garren
Jul 05, 2016 Garren rated it did not like it
Not so much, really.
Brenda Pritchard
Preschool; Rhyming
Tina Bartholoma
Dec 10, 2009 Tina Bartholoma rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
"rhyming, animal poetry, one page per animal"
Amanda
Amanda rated it did not like it
Aug 28, 2008
Superman
Superman rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Sophie Wilson
Sophie Wilson rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2009
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2014
Loyal
Apr 11, 2017 Loyal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: skylars-shelf
My niece adored this book, and I also really enjoyed it! With pictures and funny rhymes about different animals, it definitely lived up to its subtitle, "And so is this book!"
Bambi Pea
Bambi Pea rated it did not like it
Aug 08, 2016
Adrith Bicchieri
Adrith Bicchieri rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2017
Camila Facundo
Camila Facundo rated it liked it
May 07, 2011
Sara K
Sara K rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2014
Joelle
Joelle rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2008
Delfin
Delfin rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2013
elle and esme gosling
elle and esme gosling rated it did not like it
Aug 01, 2013
Zoe Nelson
Zoe Nelson rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2014
Ranea
Ranea rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Harriet Ziefert grew up in North Bergen, New Jersey, where she attended the local schools. She graduated from Smith College, then received a Masters degree in Education from New York University.

For many years, Ziefert was an elementary school teacher. She taught most grades from kindergarten to fifth grade. "I liked it," she said, but she stopped teaching when she had her own sons. When her childr
More about Harriet Ziefert...