Start by marking “Ascendance (Corona: The Second DemonWars Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ascendance (Corona: The Second DemonWars Saga, #1)

Ascendance (The Second DemonWars Saga #1)

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  1,738 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
The bestselling author of "Mortalis" and "Star Wars(: The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime" returns to the world of the DemonWars books with the beginning of a brand-new trilogy about Aydrian, raised by the elves and who owes no loyalty to either his mother or her king.
Published May 1st 2001 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about Ascendance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ascendance

Scott
Nov 17, 2016 Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Not quite 5 stars but really really good nonetheless.

The first book in the second Demon Wars series.
A lot of things happen in this book so I don't want to give too much away but the story revolves around two forces
The first is Jilseponie Wyndon and her continued rise.
The second is the rise of Jilseponie's son (that she doesn't know she has).
And then what happens when the two forces collide.

Even though this book is filled with bad things happening to the characters I care about I still loved the
Kristin
Jul 22, 2009 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy crow! So much stuff happened in this book. Pony once again had a stressful ride. I don't know if she will ever get a break. I was not happy about many of the outcomes to the story, but lets be honest, Salvotore always has reasons for the things he does in his books. He is not shy about letting bad things happen to the good characters and good things happen to the bad characters. He can also make you feel sorry for the bad characters so easily, then suddenly you can despise them immensely. Y ...more
Chris Fox
May 04, 2017 Chris Fox rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OVERVIEW
This was a much better experience for me then the previous novel, Ascendance hits all the right notes that kept me interested and compelled to keep reading. I enjoyed the politics this time around as I felt I had an emotional stake in them with Jilseponie as queen, and I Loved that R.A. Savatore kept the story more focused on her and her son Aydrian and less focused on issues that didn't immediately involve them to the back ground. The only issue I had was with aydrian's plan at the endi
Seth Kenlon
Aug 08, 2016 Seth Kenlon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf
Picked this book up not realising it was the SECOND DemonWar Saga, so I was basically reading it as a continuation of the previous saga (DemonWars). I don't know that it makes that much difference; it's basically the same cast of characters as before, with a similar progression of logical and also out-of-the-blue story developments.

This book, I guess, is half about Jilseponie and half about De'Unnero (and some other stuff, but *spoilers*). There's a little too much, perhaps, of courtly drama for
Chip Hunter
Dec 30, 2016 Chip Hunter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From reading the rest of the Amazon reviews, it looks like the general consensus is that Salvatore's Demonwars Saga just keeps getting better, and I have to agree. The world of Corona and the characters in these books are getting more and more developed and intriguing as the series continues, and the overall plot, while very different, is even better than in the first few books. Way more complicated, with more political intrigue and hints of looming evil, these books are just excellent.

In ASCEND
KostasAt
9/10

In the first book of the second series Salvatore has just surpassed himself and if I may add, one the best he has ever written.

Even though this book has only half the characters of the story (and one thing I liked most) it is also full of action and suspense.
Definitely one of the best in the series so far.
Andrew D Flynn
Jul 14, 2014 Andrew D Flynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, read-in-2014
Salvatore turned up the heat a notch wirh this one. Hes not afraid to let bad things happen to good characters, but when he does, its always for reason.

This was a fantastic start to the new series. Definitely looking forward to book two.
Ruth Kyle-devendorf
The ending really made me angry!! Stop killing off Pony's husbands! ugh, the last two books in the series better redeem the story. I hate how Salvatore lets the bad guys win sometimes! But he is an excellent writer and I will keep reading!! =)
Thomas Spaulding
Book was the hardest of the Demon Wars Saga to read. Few of the former characters that I learned to love were in this novel and many of the new characters are insufferable.
Rj Roles
Jan 05, 2013 Rj Roles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books
a really good start to the second demon wars
Sean Watson
Jul 09, 2016 Sean Watson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Political intrigue on top of action, and great character growth! Makes Ascendance an incredible start to the second series. Mr. Salvatore sets up one hell of a ride through the world of Corona.
Eric
Feb 21, 2010 Eric rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am looking forward to reading more of this series. It has caught me from the beginning.
David
David rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2013
Mike Blaustein
Mike Blaustein rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Eric George
Eric George rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Jesse
Jesse rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Phillip
Phillip rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Theocarpenter
Theocarpenter rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2013
Brandy
Brandy rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2014
Tara Appling
Tara Appling rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2017
Ron
Ron rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Michael Coker
Michael Coker rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2013
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2014
Joseph Szupiany
Joseph Szupiany rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2013
Richard
Richard rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2015
Candace Toms
Candace Toms rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2013
BURT
BURT rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2015
  • Insurrection (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #2)
  • Extinction (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #4)
  • Condemnation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #3)
  • Resurrection (Forgotten Realms:  War of the Spider Queen, #6)
  • Dissolution (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #1)
  • Annihilation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #5)
  • Tangled Webs (Starlight & Shadows #2)
  • Realms of Shadow (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #8)
  • Hand Of Fire (Forgotten Realms: Shandril's Saga, #3)
  • The Sorcerer (Forgotten Realms: Return of the Archwizards, #3)
  • Realms of Valor (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #1)
  • Sacred Knight of the Veil (The Queen's Blade, #4)
  • Tides of Blood (Dragonlance: The Minotaur Wars, #2)
  • Spring Rain (Seaside Seasons #1)
  • Divine Hammer (Dragonlance: Kingpriest, #2)
As one of the fantasy genre’s most successful authors, R.A. Salvatore enjoys an ever-expanding and tremendously loyal following. His books regularly appear on The New York Times best-seller lists and have sold more than 10,000,000 copies. Salvatore’s original hardcover, The Two Swords, Book III of The Hunter’s Blade Trilogy (October 2004) debuted at # 1 on The Wall Street Journal best-seller list ...more
More about R.A. Salvatore...

The Second DemonWars Saga (3 books)
  • Transcendence (Corona: The Second DemonWars Saga, #2)
  • Immortalis (Corona: The Second DemonWars Saga, #3)