Start by marking “Eagle in the Owl's Nest” as Want to Read:
Eagle in the Owl's Nest

Eagle in the Owl's Nest

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  2 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Tooksaquin is a migrating owl from the north. She lets the wind guide her wings to the southwest over the Salish Sea where she finds different birds and other creatures that she’s never seen before. She quickly learns the beauty and dangers of her new habitation when a protective eagle named Owatin befriends her. With his help she learns about his homeland and succumbs to ...more
Published July 16th 2016 by Brow of the Hill Publishing (first published June 15th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Eagle in the Owl's Nest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eagle in the Owl's Nest

Sanford Williams
Jul 20, 2016 Sanford Williams added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I read this book during the writing process. Of course I'm biased but I just want to say that if put in to words this is the book that perfectly describes the stories of my work. I get asked all the time from collectors and tourists what each carving means and now I have the book that explains 14 of my pieces. I hope that we can do more work like this in the future where more of my carvings can be written in detail the way this one was.
Freckles
Sep 01, 2016 Freckles rated it it was amazing
I read The Eagle in the Owl's Nest in one sitting! I could not put this magical book down.
It is a wonderful collection of short fiction that is based on the stories brought to life in the carvings of Canadian Indigenous Master Carver Sanford Williams. I would say it is a must-read for everyone.
TAO LI
TAO LI rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Rita
Rita added it
Feb 18, 2014
R. Manolakas
R. Manolakas marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Marlana Williams
Jun 14, 2016 Marlana Williams added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: culture, canadian
Rebecca Douglass
Rebecca Douglass marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Sonia Nadina
Sonia Nadina marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Shelagh
Shelagh marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Can the author edit the "characters" section? 2 32 Aug 01, 2016 06:40PM
Marlana Williams began her writing career in radio and telecommunications in 1995. She has written radio plays, newsletters, short stories, blogs, and has published two novels.

As a British Columbian, Marlana feels connected to the past that includes famous accounts of gold seekers, explorers, and First Nations folk who have created the perfect template to write historical fiction set in her home p
More about Marlana Williams...