Start by marking “Jumping to Confusions” as Want to Read:
Jumping to Confusions

Jumping to Confusions

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  300 ratings  ·  28 reviews
A brilliantly funny tale of romantic confusion!

Cat is fat and boring - or so she thinks. Her mum is a stick insect and so is her twin sister Tessa - a bit of a spoilt brat who can get any boy she wants. There's a new arrival in their town from the USA - Josh, the son of their dad's boss. He's gorgeous so Tessa is keen and Cat knows she doesn't have a chance... But Josh see
Published June 5th 2008 by Corgi Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Jumping to Confusions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jumping to Confusions

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay AsherPerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsJust Listen by Sarah DessenThe Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Best YA books that AREN'T paranormal
56th out of 194 books — 172 voters
The Body Finder by Kimberly DertingNevermore by Kelly CreaghPartials by Dan WellsClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClarePoison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Kéž by vyšlo v ČR
94th out of 214 books — 141 voters

More lists with this book...

Jess - The Tales Compendium
A typical teen novel with plenty of romantic sub-plots, romantic confusions, underlying family problems, characters you want to slap in the face, guys you fall in love with and a main character totally clueless but loveable. This is a funny read for teenage girls everywhere. Oh and I love how it is set in Scotland.
Theresa
A girl named Cat lives with her perfect mother and perfect sister. Both beautiful and slim and gorgeous. Her twin sister Tessa is popular, no doubt, and her mother happily married and charming, but what exactly does Cat have? A boring life and a few pounds too much? That is what she thinks. Everything is turned in her point of View when Josh, her father’s bosses son, come from the U.S to England. Josh, also perfect and good looking, isn’t interested in Tessa though, although any guy would fall f ...more
Patricia
I think it was a nice book, the timing was sort of difficult since I am enduring a really hard time but as I needed something light I was glad to see that I laughed out loud a few times because some scenes were hilarious, making me laugh these days is a very difficult task so...

I think it took way to long to finally pick up the pace of proper romance, just the last couple of pages and I find it quite annoying not being able to enjoy the happiness for a little bit longer ;)

To finish up, I think C
Resident Optimist
Mar 01, 2011 Resident Optimist rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Resident Optimist by: me =)
Shelves: favorites
Jumping to confusions is absolutely rightly named. As the title says, there was a lot of confusion, but not on the readers part. I was practically groaning as the main character made her mistakes and eventually embarassing herself. The story is based around a guy who comes over from the USA with his parents. There are two sisters, the main character and her oh-so-pretty sister Tess. The heroine thinks boys would only fall for her sister and is confused as to why this boy hasn't. This draws her t ...more
Sofia Kouridi
This book is actually quite funny. It's about this girl who meets the perfect guy. He's funny, sort of smart, and exactly what she wants. Not to mention something that makes it even better-he's single.
But after many dys of being with him, she comes to a conclusion: He's gay.
The girl tells him everything about her, the secret things she does with her friends, and her entire love life pours out to him. Over time, she spills out a load of embarassing secrets that she would never tell anybody strai
Rahma
I love this book when I was younger, it was hilarious and interesting.
Amenah
Another great read by Liz Rettig.It's a very relatable book; the plain girl, slightly curvy and insecure.She's been in the shadow of her twin all her life. When a very handsome young man makes an appearance in her life, it's natural for her to assume that he's not good enough for her.
We've all been there; doubting ourselves, having secret wild fantasies and a craving for chocolate.
It's a fun, light read and ofcourse-there are lots of confusions!
Annie Clark
This is a great, light-hearted, funny book. It is so funny and such a easy read. Josh is cute and adorable, while Cat is relatable and modest. At some points I actually was crying with laughter it was so funny! I love the fairy-tale finish and how Cat finally got her happy ending. A good book I would read if I needed cheering up!
Nicole
Read this for a Theme month from a book blog, and it's horrible. The kind of thing that turned me off YA before I read David Levithan. The plot is sluggish, characterisation one-dimensional. It was a pain to finish, and the pace only picked up in the last 15 pages.
Evchristensen
This was a fun read with a perfect title, because that's exactly what the main character, 16-year-old Cat, does. She jumps to conclusions about the romantic interests of several people and it definitely leads to confusions. I thought it was humorous and well-written.
Nora
God, I totally fell in love with this book. It was so funny, so girly and so not supernatural. I guess it is one of my favorite books of this year :)
annejude
Překvapivě dobrý. Opravdu vtipný. Správně uvolňující.
Přesně to, co člověk potřebuje týden před koncem prázdnin a začátkem školy.
Celine
This book has humour, romance and well just plain, old reality with ofcourse abit of a twist. Its an easy and quick read.
emmma lozza
my friend lent it me and i found it very funny! couldn't put it down for weeks hilarious author great book
Shelleyd
a fast read- but main character not exactly believable. I did have to read until the end, tho.
Angela
I love this book, its such a fun read. It can be predicatable but a book is to relax you. (:
Varsha
This book was all laughs. I loved it. I can read it over and over again.
Voracious
3.5. Quite sweet,but the heroine is almost embarrassingly naive.
Mariya Kamran
Loved Loved Loved it, especially Josh. Would like to own a copy!!
Freckles
Great funny book. I just love all Liz Rettig's books :)
Anastasia
Couldn't stop reading that book !!!!!! :) :) :) :)
Santhiya
One of my favourites! Re-read this this summer <3
Ela
A great, light read. Four stars :)
Alice
so cute and also realistic!
Shivani
Jul 26, 2012 Shivani rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who enjoys love story books
Recommended to Shivani by: No one, found it at the school library
I love this book! :D
Alanak1
Alanak1 marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
  • Džínsový denník 2 (Džínsový denník, #2)
  • Something to Blog About
  • The Meaning of Life (Rachel Riley, #3)
  • Too Cool for School (Diary of a Chav, #3)
  • Jealous Girl (Secrets at St Jude's, #2)
  • Odstíny života (Odstíny života, #1)
  • Leaving Poppy
  • Outsider (Tommy & Tara, #1)
  • And for Your Information… (Butterfly, #2)
  • Love Songs
  • Beads, Boys and Bangles (Threads, #2)
  • Nebezpečná láska (Bavettovi, #1)
  • French Kiss (Diary of a Crush, #1)
  • Myths of Origin
  • Demain j'arrête!
  • How to Keep a Boy as a Pet (Circe Shaw, #1)
  • One Seriously Messed-Up Week in the Otherwise Mundane and Uneventful Life of Jack Samsonite (Jack Samsonite, #1)
My name is Liz Rettig and I am an author. Luckily I had an unhappy childhood, an angst ridden adolescence, and my adult years have been characterised by an almost unremitting catalogue of failures. The ideal background then to nurture an author's talent. I write funny romantic novels mainly for teens but loads of adults read them so they can look back and laugh (or cringe). You can find out more a ...more
More about Liz Rettig...
My Desperate Love Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann, #1) My Now or Never Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann, #2) My Dating Disasters Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann, #3) My Rocky Romance Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann, #4) My Scorching Summer Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann, #5)