Start by marking “Divorced, Desperate and Delicious (Divorced, #1)” as Want to Read:
Divorced, Desperate and Delicious (Divorced, #1)

Divorced, Desperate and Delicious (Divorced #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  3,884 ratings  ·  323 reviews

A police officer on the trail of in-department corruption finds himself framed and on the run from the law, right into the house and arms of a woman divorced, delicious and too good to be true.

Mass Market Paperback, 325 pages
Published December 1st 2007 by Love Spell (first published November 26th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Divorced, Desperate and Delicious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divorced, Desperate and Delicious

♡Karlyn P♡
This book was so much fun to read. It's a sizzling romantic comedy about a woman who's dog discovers an injured man in her backyard. He (Chase) is a cop that just escaped the bad guy, but who is also being framed as a bad guy. You know from page 1 who the bad guy really is, but its quite a mystery as to how they will prove it.

Meanwhile, these two spend many days and hours confined together in her remote home near a lake, which creates a great deal of witty dialog and steamy scenes as they go ab
Kathleen
Story Rating 5 stars
Character Rating 5 stars
Romance Rating 5 stars
Heat Level 3.5 stars
Humor Level, priceless
Overall Rating 5 stars.

I absolutely loved this book, it had it all, great story, ton's of humor, great characters, sexual tension, steamy love scenes, some angst, a very bad villain , some really good action and of course a HEA ending.

The only complaint is the cover picture on this book. Because of it, the book sat for a few months but boy am I glad I decided to read it.

After posting this
Karla
4 1/2 Stars!! Sweet, sassy, sexy fun! Very enjoyable, feel good read!

Lacy stumbles upon Chase as he's running from someone who wants to frame him for murder. Initially he forces her, albeit rather nicely, to help him, but when she sees for herself that he's telling the truth, she not only helps him, but falls in love with him too.

Unlucky in love and in a sexual funk, Chase shows Lacy that there's truth in the magazine articles that she's been reading about multiple orgasms...boy does he ever, ov
Saly
Enjoyed the book, the hero has been sleep-walking through life since his wife died, when he finds himself about to lose his life, to his corrupt partner & he realizes he does want to live and that he's been so absorbed that he's pushed his friends away, shot he makes him way to the heroine's house.

The heroine has a family history, her mother & grandmother have gotten married & divorced million times & she does not want to repeat history so she's never getting involved again, one
Kathleen

3.75 stars. The first of the Divorced trilogy, DD&D is a romantic comedy from start to finish. Add in a fairly absorbing suspense, interesting secondary characters, a LOT of sex, and four adorable animals, and...what's not to like? Lots of light-hearted fun and a few good laughs, even if it reads like a French farce at times.

No Spoilers. From synopsis and first chapters:

PLOT: Chase is a widowed narcotics detective in Houston, Texas. He's got a huge ♥, and gives his all, so he hasn't had a
Carisa
This was a light, funny read. I enjoyed the author's style, the interaction between H/h and although the action plot was a simple one and just accesory to the romance, it worked for me. Despite the fluffy style, characters were well written -I liked the hero and the heroine's mom the most.
HERO is a Warrior, a cop who's been wrongfully accussed by a bad cop trying to kill him, still emotionally numb from the death of his wife. He forces his way into a woman's house to heal and hide until he can p
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
I'm giving this book 2.5 stars...

If you want a very light read that makes you laugh (whilst cringing), with a bit of "yummy-ness" thrown in and a good cop/bad cop then that's what you'll get with this one.

Lacy is a divorcee whose dog of a hubby was caught on video shagging his secretary in a lift. She is kind of gagging for it and flirts with a vet/fedex man/plumber you name it. It's pretty much all she thinks about, dreams about, talks about, etc. So yes this really annoyed me and put me off he
Dina
Oct 07, 2014 Dina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dina by: K. from Amazon
Small spoiler (not really) given by K.:
'Craig writes a love scene in the shower where the hero actually does "fall on his ass" from slipping in the moment while supporting her!!! It is HOT and FUNNY and REAL LIFE! There is plenty of good and funny stuff!!!'

**********

Oh man, I´ve got to get this book soon!
Jacqueline
Lighthearted fun romantic suspense. The hero, Chase, is a cop who has been framed for murdering another cop. He hides out with the heroine, Lacy, after her dog drags him in wet and bleeding from an attempt on his life. This is the first of a trilogy and you meet all the characters who will be in the other books but it is not heavy handed. They pretty much all have a part to play in this one. I enjoyed Lacy's crazy mother.

The writing was well done as always from Christi Craig. The hero learned t
Nicola Marsh
Loved this light hearted romantic suspense/comedy from the first page to the last.

I adore humour in books and this fun story had plenty of that!

Lacy and Chase are great together, well matched protagonists.
And the cast of secondary characters definitely need their own stories.
Norma
I had a really hard time getting into this one. Once I did I enjoyed it enough, but it was nothing memorable. I won't go and read the others by this author either. I liked Chase, I liked Lacy's house, but I didnt like Lacy really. The supporting characters weren't so great either. I think I just kept reading to find out what would happen with Chase and Jason. Was more interested in seeing that relationship work itself out.
9/1 - I enjoyed this book more than a number of the previous books I've read. I guess I like the idea of being trapped in my house with a possibly corrupt policeman as a romantic situation. The romance was good, the tension leading up to the romance was good too. And of course, everyone (except the bad guys) had a happy ending.

(That is a ridiculous review that I shudder in embarrassment to put my name on. If I can get a hold of it from the library again, I'll read and review it again and try to
Sali
This book was great . It had hmmm what's the right word ?.......owww I know .....BALANCE :) yep that's what it had :)
It had the perfect amount of sass ,suspense , romance , BFF time ,angst & uhhmm of corse "adult hot bits" lol
But u wana know what bits were the best ??? I know u do lol . It's when ms Craig had me laughing & horny at the same time !! She had me laughing so much at 1 point( phone call from the ex ) I was holding my crotch to stop myself pee'ing lol ......it's also had me h
Karma
Mar 20, 2012 Karma rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: adult
The book started a little slow for me, so I gave the first half 3 stars. But I thought the second half was really entertaining and gave it 4 stars.
Overall, this was a cute story and sweet romance. Lots of humor. Mrs Craig gave just enough info on the secondary characters to make me wonder what happened to them.
This book would be a great beach read.
Jo-Anne
Divorced, Desperate and Delicious starts out with Lace's dog finding Chase in a small building in her back yard. Chase is a cop who has been shot and is running from a bad guy who is trying to frame him for many crimes. Chase forces Lace to help him hide but, since he is basically a nice guy, doesn't force her very hard. Very quickly Lace realizes he is telling her the truth about being set-up and wants to help him prove his innocence. In the process, she falls in love with him.

I loved this book
Meg ♥
Very fun chick-litish story mixed with some mystery.

If you are looking for a romance/mystery light read this is the series to read.
Jane Stewart
Feel good humor and romance.

REVIEWER'S OPINION:
I had trouble deciding between 4 and 5 stars, but I went with 5 because it “lightened my heart and brightened my day.” Some books are hard to put down due to suspense or other intense anticipation. This book is not like that. I was able to put it down, but it was enjoyable all the way through. I was laughing out loud several times and continued to chuckle over certain conversations the next day after reading the book. It’s a feel good story with a b
♥Jamie
I love this! This is my first book by Christie Craig and I've come to the conclusion that she is frakking AWESOME!!

Summary:
Lacy Maguire has become content with her life as a photographer living with her dog, Fabio, and her three cats. She also made a vow of chastity after finding out her now ex-hubby was doing his secretary. Although she's more horny than not, she is content with keeping her vow because she doesn't want to end up like her mother and grandmother who have twelve divorces between t
Joan
I have a new shelf in my 'GR Library' - Premature Ejaculation ;) You know, for those damned annoying books that come to an end before you are expecting it.

This is one of those. Ends at 82%.

It's the standard story: good guy on the run hides in house with innocent (?) naïve (?) sexy-looking female. They find a mutual attraction and she believes in his innocence although he's kept her captive. But the dialogue was far too crude to be enjoyable and some of the minor characters, (the mother for exam
Erin
Feb 05, 2008 Erin rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: romance fans, Stephanie Plum fans, people who like funny books or want beach reading
Also a great book to read when you're home sick. Very similar in style to Janet Evanovich's books. Premise is about a cop who is framed for stealing drugs & shooting another cop. He has been shot by the dirty cop (the one doing the framing) but manages to get away and hides out at the home of a photographer with a serial-marrying mother & some talking appliances. Add some zany friends & sexual tension, and the result are some hilarious scenes. My favorite is the one where practically ...more
Robert Cohen
This is definitely chick lit. Of the highest order. I loved every minute of it. This story is full of suspense, but the best part is that it’s so cute I wanted to pinch its cheek. And it’s so SEXY I wanted to pinch its………………………nevermind. You can use your imagination.

Lacy and Chase. To borrow an expression from the lexically, grammatically, and syntactically-challenged youth of America, OMG!!!!! (always include at least 5 exclamation points when using that acronym. Otherwise it’s hard to get kids
Marsha
(3.5 Stars)
I decided to read "Divorced, Desperate and Delicious" because I was in the mood for a sappy romance novel. However, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this story had a little 'teeth' to it. It is more of a romance/suspense novel.

Detective Chase Kelly has found himself looking down the barrel of a gun pointed at him by none other than his partner Zeke. As he attempts to find a way of getting away alive, he is grazed by a bullet before managing to jump off a bridge into the wat
Jaclyn
This was a really fun read and I was definitely in the mood for something light, fun, and romantic. Yes, it was a bit cheesy and the bad guy was kinda comical, but it all kept with the overall theme and it all worked together. I recommend for anyone looking for a fun, light-hearted romance.
Andrea Jackson
Very funny. Such a hunky, nice guy. What every woman should have hiding out in her bedroom. Not only does he make passionate, mind-blowing love to her, he cooks, draws your bath, feeds your animals, and protects you from the villians.

Some interesting side characters too.
Lois
Witty dialogue. Face paced. Suffers from the "he had never felt a woman understood him so completely" kind of language. I'd read other books by Craig, if they were in my library.
Fani

Sexy, fun, great heroes, lovely dialogues and a fast paced plot. What more to ask? I'm definitely going to read the next ones in the series.
Amy
This book was fantastic. I love love loved how Lacy and Chase met and fell in love, even though Lacy fought it. Very entertaining read.
Sue Parker
I loved this book. It was funny and suspenseful
At the same time. Definitely going to read the rest of the series.
Krisz
Oct 02, 2014 Krisz rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebook
I think this is the first ebook I've finished :) Well, apart from Let's Get Digital and other how-tos.
Aaand I started it way over a year ago, maybe almost two... I started reading this at the airport, and almost finished by the time I got home again. The last 3 chapters or so remained unread until a few days ago, but I remember the story pretty well.
It was a nice, light read, I enjoyed it. It was pretty predictable, but that didn't really matter :)
I disliked and skipped the "pet advices" at the
Barbara
Really enjoyed this funny, sexy, quick-witted book! Recommended.
  • I Think I Love You
  • The French Detective's Woman
  • Ties That Bind
  • Cutting Loose (Sisterhood Diaries, #1)
  • Hot Wheels and High Heels
  • I Want Candy (Bigler, North Carolina #2)
  • Hollywood Scandals (Hollywood Headlines, #1)
  • Stuck with You
  • Avenging Angel
  • Lumberjack in Love
  • Breakfast in Bed (Domestic Gods, #3)
  • Intimate Strangers
  • Sleeping with Paris (A Paris Romance)
  • Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam, #1)
  • Blame it on Texas (Lone Star Cowboys #1)
  • On the Steamy Side (Recipe for Love, #2)
  • The Last Good Man
  • Rumble on the Bayou
Pseudonym for C. C. Hunter.

Photojournalist, Author and Speaker

Christie Craig, an Alabama native, is an award-winning, multi-published writer, multi-published photo journalist, motivational speaker, and writing teacher.. Her non-fiction articles and photography have appeared in almost three thousand national magazines. A Golden Heart finalist, and a finalist in more than fifty RWA-sponsored contest
More about Christie Craig...
Don't Mess with Texas (Hotter In Texas, #1) Shut Up and Kiss Me Gotcha! (Tall, Hot & Texan, #1) Divorced, Desperate And Dating (Divorced, #2) Divorced, Desperate and Deceived (Divorced #3)

“my specialty. Sit down.” He pulled out a chair” 0 likes