Start by marking “Alone with You (Kowalski Family, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Alone with You (Kowalski Family, #6.5)

Alone with You (Kowalski Family #6.5)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  627 ratings  ·  46 reviews
When waitress Darcy Vaughan's friend asks her to help out with the launch of a fledgling restaurant, she's happy to oblige. Little does she know the owner is Jake Holland, the perfect guy who slipped through her fingers after their one night of passion. But for Darcy and Jake, one touch was just not enough.
Published February 11th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Alone with You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alone with You

Robin
When Darcy Vaughn is teamed up with Jake Holland for trivia night, sparks fly between them. By the end of the night, they are at Darcy's apartment for more fun and games. Jake takes Darcy's phone number and promises to call. She is disappointed when she doesn't hear from him. When her boss at the bar sends her north to help his business partner open a new restaurant, Darcy is shocked to find the business partner is Jake. She doesn't believe him when he tells her the paper with her phone number w ...more
Heidi Hart
For me, much of the appeal of Shannon Stacey's contemporary romances is that they are so totally down-to-earth, so basic. They are set in northern New England (as is my life), and they feature totally normal people -- waitresses, landscapers, diner owners, barbers, contractors, cops -- in totally normal situations, against a small-town backdrop that feels like the snowy, dingy, sleepy, neighborly small towns where I have lived, and not like a polished, twee Hollywood representation of "Small Tow ...more
Exina
The story is just lame. After one night of passion, Jake never calls Darcy. He wanted to, but lost her number, and did everything to find her, with no success. Of course, Darcy doesn’t believe him when they meet six weeks later. They establish being merely colleagues, and working together on opening a new bar, but three weeks later the chemistry between them takes over. So far, it’s good. Not so original, but good.
The characters are both likeable. I appreciate their honesty and no-games attitud
Dani
I loved this novella. It was a little nice break from the Kowalski family, especially after reading six books in a row. Well played, Stacey. Well played.

Darcy was a very little character when Kevin's sport bar was the setting of other books and it was nice to get to know her. She was a strong character and I'm glad the Shannon Stacey choose to writer her story because it would have been a damn shame if it would just fade in the dark.

Jake is probably one of my favorite leading man from this autho
Julie
"Taken with You" is a fairly short novella about Darcy, a minor character who appeared in one of Shannon Stacey's previous Kowalski books. (If you don't remember her, she's a waitress at Kevin's bar/restaurant in "Undeniably Yours.") She meets the hero, Jake, at a bar trivia night, and they hook up. The next time they see each other, to their surprise, they end up working together to launch a new pub. See, things didn't end so well after they slept together. Jake promised he'd call and he never ...more
Rose
One thing I dislike about novellas - they're too short when they should be longer.

I loved Jake and Darcy, but the story was rushed. I usually go into novellas expecting to be disappointed. Not because of a bad storyline, never because of a bad storyline; but because it's such a good storyline in the shortest way possible. Everything seems rushed, the way they fall in love and I hate how the authors jump in time to two weeks later and then in the next page, it's like 3 months later. A huge thing
Aleksandra Branka
Alone with You

Shannon Stacey knows how stupid people in love can be. They complicate everything just by being afraid of speaking up. What's the worst thing that can happen? If we love someone why not tell him/her. Those fillings won't go away even when the other person doesn't reciprocate them! If they do go away - it wasn't love to begin with.
It looks like our author knows thing or two about it because people very rarely are choosing the simple approach.
In this book two grown people make a mes
Kristin
A cute novella I was able to finish in just a few hours. Darcy and Jake meet on trivia night at a bar and instantly sparks fly. They hook up and Darcy gives jake her phone number thinking he will call her the next day. The paper with her number gets wet, making the ink smear and jake is unable to call her. Six weeks later Darcy is sent by her boss to help startup their new restaurant, lo-and-behold jake is her boss's partner and she is forced to not only work with him but to share an apartment t ...more
Brenda
I'm so thrilled that Darcy got her own story! I've read all of the Kolwaski books and Kevin and Beth's was one of my favorites. While Darcy wasn't a huge character in that book she was intriguing and you connected with her. While Jake made a huge mistake what guy can say they haven't screwed up in a relationship, just like most women need to shoulder the blame like Darcy does too! A fantastic quick read. But now I want to know where I can get my own Big Ass Steak?!
Victoria
Short-stories and novellas many times get a bad rap due to lack of character development and plot, which are difficult for an author to create with so little words. I thought that Stacey did an excellent job. This story was a condensed version of the other books in the series and did not lack for anything. I adore the Kowalski family series. The characters are written as regular people with typical actions. I liked Darcy & Jake in that they didn't have the usual ridiculous non-communication ...more
Elizabeth
I loved this one - I had kinda gotten away from reading these because they were getting really boring... but I loved the chemistry and banter between Darcy and Jake. They were really cute. A VERY quick read but it didn't seem rushed to me. I read it in one day.
Amanda
This was a cute story and a break from the Kowalski clan that was needed after reading so many. I had forgotten all about Darcy from Kevin's book and it was great seeing old characters again.
I really enjoyed reading this but I wished it was a little bit longer.

This was definitely a great addition to the Kowalski series.
Gina
I can't say enough about the Kowalski series and this is a quick short read about Darcy and Jake. (Darcy is the waitress that works for Kevin Kowalski) If you want a short and quick feel good story - this will do it! Jake and Darcy meet at a Trivia night and have instant attraction! They spend the night together but both want more --even though Jake is going to be gone alot. He writes Darcy's number down and promises to but never does because the paper with her number was ruined. Little do both ...more
Lea
Sweet short story. A good one for Valentine's Day. Read it out of order but was still a good, romantic story - a little fast paced for me but I guess when ya know ya know.
Rochelle
Okay, I lied. One more Kowalski!
But....it was only a novella. AND I've read it before but didn't realize it. So it doesn't count, right?
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
Read as part of the Be Mine anthology. Pretty good, a spin-off from her Kowalski brothers series which I haven't read yet.
Cait
A very cute, enjoyable little novella. I'll read anything in this series, the characters are great and really make the stories.
Karen Bowman
This was a nice short story. I loved it and would loved for it to be longer. I loved how she tied in the Kowalski's into the story because I LOVE that family. I hope to read more about Jake & Darcy and of course the Kowalski's!!!
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Oh, this was a perfectly fun little novella! It's a quick read, and a nice companion piece to the Kowalkski's series.
Heather Lire
I'm not gonna lie, I love all of Shannon's books. This is the perfect book to read the week of Valentine's.
Helen
this novella was quirky and entertaining...i loved how this was about 2 people not directly connected with the Kowalski's but still incorporated into their storyline smoothly! Jake/JP and Darcy's story was rushed but still angsty enough to make it a worth while read!!
Abby
I didn't want this book to end. I knew it was a novella but wish it was longer!
Kim Andrade
Love, love, loved it!!! Anything from Shannon Stacey is a must read for me!!
Elliebit
Meh.
Reread besides, maybe as part of a package deal?
Amanda
Cute novella. Enjoyed watching their love story grow.
♥ Nell ♥
A good novella, tied into the Kowalski's.
Donna
I really enjoyed reading this series of books.
Kaetrin
I have this as part of the Sizzle anthology.
Bethany
Never been a fan of novellas. I prefer a longer story.
Such a cute short read. Sweet love story!
  • In the Clear (Winter Rescue #1)
  • Getting Out of Hand (Sapphire Falls, #1)
  • High Seduction (Adrenaline Search & Rescue, #3)
  • Wild About Her Wingman (Secret Wishes, #3)
  • A Christmas for Carrie (Feeling the Heat, #2.5)
  • Fated (Serendipity, #1.5)
  • Starting from Scratch
  • Redemption in Love (Hearts on the Line, #3)
  • Pushing the Line (The Line, #4)
  • Chance for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #10.5)
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)
  • Fake Fiance, Real Revenge (Three River Ranch, #3)
  • One in a Million (Lucky Harbor, #12)
  • Various States of Undress: Virginia
  • Risk & Reward (Bedroom Games, #2)
  • Turning Up the Heat (La Vie en Roses, #0.5)
  • As Hot as It Gets (Out of Uniform #10)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shannon Stacey lives with her husband and two sons in New England, where her favorite activities are writing romance and really random tweets when she’s not riding her ATV. She loves mud, books, football & watching way too much TV.
More about Shannon Stacey...

Kowalski Family (9 books)
  • Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1)
  • Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2)
  • Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)
  • All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4)
  • All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)
  • All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6)
  • Love a Little Sideways (Kowalski Family, #7)
  • Taken with You (Kowalski Family, #8)
  • Falling for Max (Kowalski Family, #9)
Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1) Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3) Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2) All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4) All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)