Start by marking “Chinese Brush Painting: Flowers” as Want to Read:
Chinese Brush Painting: Flowers

Chinese Brush Painting: Flowers

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  6 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Those who practice Chinese brush-painting are very familiar with the blooms of the lotus, peony, and plum blossom. These flowers are common in instructional brush painting books because of their special symbolism in Chinese culture. In "Chinese Brush Painting: Flowers," artists will have the opportunity to explore a more diverse range of blooms with the expert guidance of ...more
Published October 1st 2014 by Barron's Educational Series

To ask other readers questions about Chinese Brush Painting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chinese Brush Painting

Debra Lowman
Nov 02, 2015 Debra Lowman rated it liked it
A few of my friends and I have been painting in watercolor this summer. I picked this book up as an offshoot of that interest. The styles of painting were interesting as well as the techniques of brush loading while using the softer, more absorbent brushes was helpful. Overall, the book provided insight on this style of art as well as simple painting tutorials on various common flower species.
Patti
Nov 04, 2015 Patti rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I saw the cover peeking out from between two smaller books on the library shelf and HAD to check it out. I am obsessed with Asian art, and cannot wait to try and replicate the gorgeous flowers demonstated in this lovely book.
Arwen
Arwen rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2015
F.P.
F.P. rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Hannah Jane
Hannah Jane rated it did not like it
May 05, 2016
Wynne Keller
Wynne Keller rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Kelli
Kelli added it
Dec 25, 2014
Tasie
Tasie marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015