Harry Potter Adult Boxed Set (Harry Potter, #1-5)

Harry Potter Adult Boxed Set (Harry Potter, #1-5)

4.75 of 5 stars 4.75  ·  rating details  ·  17,047 ratings  ·  111 reviews
Young wizard-in-training Harry Potter has had his hands full during his first four years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. As if studying spells and pleasing professors isn't enough, Harry has heard evil voices in the walls, rescued petrified students, fended off convicts escaped from wizards' prison, and played elaborate and grueling games of Quidditch. Betwe...more
Published October 4th 2004 by Agora Publishing Consortium

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter Adult Boxed Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harry Potter Adult Boxed Set

Katharina
Harry Potter is a nice enough read, no doubt. I read it during my first English learning stages (after about 9 months of English courses during high school) because the language was so very easy to understand. It was quite entertaining, sure, especially the first three books, but it didn't have a lot of substance. I could easily name a couple of children's fantasy books (not to mention adult ones) I found much more challenging and enthralling than Harry Potter. I guess, I just don't really under...more
Bawraw Israel
Mar 08, 2013 Bawraw Israel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves magic and wizards
I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need I say more? no? Well I will anyway! Harry potter was the book that turned me into a writing loving reading hating child (because i was not very good at reading at the time) into a writing loving reading ADORING child! Harry potter had everything I could ever want in a book and it set the tone for many books that I read after it and I also watched all the movies though they were a bit dissapointing but a very good attempt all the sam...more
Andre Ariono
Jul 11, 2007 Andre Ariono rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: finish_read
This books is very imaginative. When you read it, you can imagine that you're inside the world of Harry Potter. This book can improve reader's imagination.

When you read Harry Potter (1-5) but you're not using your imagination then there's no fun I think. And if you haven't watch the Harry Potter movies, I suggest you finnish the book first then you watch the movie...

And in my humble opinion (imho), I found the book is more interesting than the movie...there's a lot of scene that change in the mo...more
Timothy
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
ISBN:0-439-13959-7
Arthur A.Levine Books
734p
After watching the movie of this book a few years ago, I decide to read the book to get an idea of some of the details the movie missed. The book is about a half wizard half human named Harry Potter who goes to a wizard school called Hogwarts. In the series, the books are about Harry trying to defend himself from an evil wizard named Voldemort. This book is about a competition that is going around to win the golden cu...more
Lara (and Phoebe)
Phoebe: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is the best one from books 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. My mom and I just finished it today. Professor Umbridge is the meanest, worst character. And the Weasley twins get to be the funniest ever and they really get her back good. The Department of Mysteries is kind of scary because that's where they study things like brains and thoughts and death and love and time and if you touch any single thing something really weird can happen to you.

Lara: I agree, boo...more
Saniya Srivastava
the best novel all times!! we should thank Rowling for giving us such a magical novel, full of suspense,romance,magic,mystery. i would insist all ht epeople to read this novel, i hav fallen in love with it's book, i cant stop myself from reading it again and again
Reivax Elocin
Ok I'm going to put this same comment for every one of my Harry potter book reviews.Simply awesome.Fucking good.Epic!Amazing!SupercalifragilisticexpialidociousMeh i probably spelt that wrong..
Gabrielle
Read every single one of these books more than once. Harry Potter fan for life, no doubt.
Caroline S.
I rated all the HPs 5 stars, so 5 in one box would be what....25 stars?
Shelsey
Harry Potter got me into reading.
silverdragon2
love it!!!!!!its my favorate sereies
BriboSwaggins :)
Re-read it all!

Again...

I LOVE HARRY POTTER!
Suzanne Macartney
The series is so eminently readable, it's hard to put down. Whoever knew poor orphan Harry would face so many trying times in his young life? Many many times I've laughed while reading. Small wonder Rowling is a prize-winner. The complex come-of-age stuff and tales of the larger moral universe are engaging (sometimes so harsh!) and mysteries are satisfying too. For me I think the first book was the most charming and had the most emotional impact. Of course I'm only too happy to continue reading....more
Liza Bekova
я люблю Гарри Поттера!!!
Zoe
Awesome work, loved it!!
Emily
AMASING!!!!!!!!
Rezy
Jennifer Mccomb
Jul 16, 2012 Jennifer Mccomb rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!!!!!!
Recommended to Jennifer by: Myself ;)
BEST BOOKS EVER!!! In love and awe of the woman who gave the gift of magic to so many children, me included. Started them at the age of 10, 18 now and I'm sill reading them. Love, love, love harry potter. The intricacy of the books is amazing! The flow of the series, from book to book, is utterly amazing. “Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Edwin Vazquez
A good introduction to young readers. The stories became more and more intriquing as they progressed in volumes. Unfortunately not much more than the Goblet of Fire, which I felt was the strongest of the series. Entering the 'Order of the Phoenix' I lost interest and found myself not caring about the characters anymore or on finding out how Harry Potter once again will stump Voldemort.

Great writing and progression of characters but not for my tastes.
Maggie
This series is fantastic. I have read it time and time again, and it never ceases to amaze me with it's (for lack of a better word and that's my best excuse) awesometasticalness. I grew up reading this series (and as someone pointed out, it is an excellent example of bildungsroman), and it has never lost it's appeal to me. I believe I began reading this series when I was four or five, and I still adore it and continue to reread it. :D READ THESE BOOKS.
Carmen
Didn't actually read the box set, but read books 1-5.

Sorcerer's Stone: Good book, especially for curious little kids.
Chamber of Secrets: Great sequel, a little bit of mystery. Well written.
Prisoner of Azkaban: Make sure your kids can understand the time travel aspect if you read it to them.
Goblet of Fire: Probably my favorite book!
Order of the Phoenix: Probably my least favorite book! Actually, definitely my least favorite book.
Steven
Melanie
I LOVE Harry Potter. I am amazed at the depth JK gave to each character. I realize in these books we only get the surface of J.K Rowlings mind. I have re-read the series as each new book was released and with the release of the first 4 movies. I think I am close to another re-read. Maybe along with Pottermore.
--Order of favorites 4,6,7,3,5,1,2.
House--Ravenclaw --
Wand -- Alder wood, Unicorn core, 12 1/4" Slightly Yielding
Brooke
I repeat the words that thousands of already said: this is a series that everyone should read. In my opinion, J.K. Rowling crafts an extraordinary novel, worthy of extreme praise. Afther the third book, the series really starts to pick up. Even though the first two are excellent as well, the fourth and fifth give you such a deeper understanding of the type of world the protagonists live in. These books are excellent.
Brooke
May 16, 2008 Brooke rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!
Haven't read this particular boxed set (I got all the books separately) just thought this was an easier way to get the first five which I think are my favorite there is no explanation needed you all know how great Harry Potter and J.K. Rowling are if not than you have been living in a cave if for some strange reason such as that that you haven't read the Harry Potters GET STARTED!!!!!!!!!!
Biwi
First three books, excellent. Fourth book not bad, a little winded in the beginning, fifth book things really start to get juicy. I really like the harry potter series, but i did notice in the later books the details sort of tend to get carried away with themselves. I heard it best put, "i dunno after they start spanning 500 pages it just seems a little over indulgent.
Amanda
Depending on the book, either a 3 or 4, with The Order of the Phoenix at a 4. The books kept becoming better and better as the plot thickened and the scenes and emotions were not so innocent. Actually, I believe the books became more and more realistic as they went on. Ordinarily written, but true and convincing, with trials of everyday life and people. Must reads.
Booklion Read-A-Thon: Harry Potter 13 12 Aug 15, 2014 12:20PM
Compare: characte...: Harry Potter Elimination 129 22 Jul 31, 2014 11:43PM
Indian Readers: Indian Readers' Quest for the Lost Time Turner 19 41 Jul 30, 2014 10:52AM
You MUST Love YA ...: Harry Potter Buddy Reading - Start Date June 1st 55 35 Jul 02, 2014 05:44PM
Hogwarts School o...: Ginny vs. Hermione 33 103 Jun 28, 2014 02:52AM
If you are a Fang...: ELIMINATION GAME: WHOLE SRIES 2 6 Apr 09, 2014 08:53PM
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Sheet Music for Flute with C.D
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians Boxed Set (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1-5)
  • Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5 (Artemis Fowl, #1-5)
  • Eragon & Eldest (Inheritance, #1-2)
  • The Ranger's Apprentice Collection Books 1-3 Box Set (The Ruins of Gorlan, The Burning Bridge, The Icebound Land)
  • Fablehaven: The Complete Series Boxed Set (Fablehaven, #1-5)
  • Maximum Ride Five-Book Set
  • Vampire Academy Box Set (Vampire Academy, #1-4)
  • Marked / Betrayed / Chosen / Untamed / Hunted (House of Night #1-5)
  • The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #1-3)
  • The Inkheart Trilogy: Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath (Inkworld, #1-3)
  • The Travelers: Book Two (Pendragon: Before the War, #2)
  • Septimus Heap Box Set: Magyk and Flyte (Septimus Heap, #1-2)
  • Blue Bloods 3-Book Boxed Set (Blue Bloods, #1-3)
  • The Travelers (Pendragon: Before the War, #1)
  • The Twilight Saga Complete Collection  (Twilight, #1-4 + 3.5)
  • Uglies, The Collector's Set (Uglies, #1-4)