iPod: The Missing Manual

iPod: The Missing Manual

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  13 reviews
With iPod touch, Apple's sleek little entertainment center has entered a whole new realm, and the ultimate iPod book is ready to take you on a complete guided tour. As breathtaking and satisfying as its subject, iPod: The Missing Manual gives you a no-nonsense view of everything in the "sixth generation" iPod line.

Learn what you can do with iPod Touch and its multi-touch...more
Published November 5th 2007 by Pogue Press (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about iPod, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about iPod

Rachel
I'm pretty good with technology, and although I sometimes like to read manuals I usually figure out a lot of a machine's functionality on my own, just by experimenting and using logic. I thought I was getting all I could out of my iPod. I was wrong.

I learned about a LOT of cool and interesting tricks and uses for the iPod from this "manual", and a lot of stuff that hadn't come up yet, but that I might actually need down the line.

There was also a lot of stuff that I already knew and that I can't...more
Cherlyn
OK, this is an unusual post, but if you're like me, i.e. "older" and trying hard to keep up with technology, you'll love this book. I love my iPod, but always have to call my son in Arizona and have him walk me through my iPod issues (just ask him, there have been quite a few). When you buy an iPod, they come with zero instructions, except maybe a website you can go to. I was determined to find something like iPod for Dummies and found this instead at my used book store for $5. I can now navigat...more
Linda
Fortunately, I didn't buy this, but I did read it at the library. Unlike the Missing Manual book for OS X, this one was fairly useless. There isn't much there that can't be learned simply by hands on experience. There's little for the advanced user.

For an ipod and itunes neophyte it might have value but for anyone else, save your time and money.
Leigh
Pretty good, actually. Simple explanations, good photographs and fits in my purse, so I can bring out my Ipod and this book and learn on the go. I would have liked a list of web sites relevant to iPods but that's a small nitpick. I think this is probably the best title of the various titles offered on the Apple iPod.
Alyson
A nice intro book. Most of it you can figure out by playing around with iTunes and your iPod. However, there are a couple of tricks that one can pick up.
Snorkle
I read an earlier edition that featured the iPod I had just bought...it has the same title as this book, but I guess this is an updated version.
C-Nat
This book is extremely insightful. I am on my third ipod and have learned so many cool features since reading this book.
Shari
This has been the best book for learning everything about my iPod!
Joe
It helped me learn a lot of neat tricks for my Ipod.
Clara Dearmore Strom
These people are better than the "Dummies" authors.
♥ Theres~a
One of the most helpful books I have ever read
Steven
Better than your average tech gadget manual.
PWRL
Sep 05, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
A
Elizabeth Hagan
Elizabeth Hagan is currently reading it
Jul 17, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Kevin
Kevin added it
Jun 20, 2014
Ariel
Ariel added it
Jun 04, 2014
Jack
Jack is currently reading it
May 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A military brat, Biersdorfer has lived in eight U.S. states, including such diverse locales as a nuclear-missile base in North Dakota; Washington, D.C.; and rural Indiana.
A member of the newsroom technology staff at "The New York Times," she was heavily involved with the recent conversion of the Sunday Times Magazine to a desktop publishing system.
Coming from a non-technical background herself, Bi...more
More about J.D. Biersdorfer...
iPad: The Missing Manual iPad 2: The Missing Manual Best iPhone Apps Netbooks: The Missing Manual iPod & iTunes: The Missing Manual