Start by marking “Granny the Pag” as Want to Read:
Granny the Pag

Granny the Pag

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Originally abandoned by her actor parents to be raised by her unconventional grandmother, twelve-year-old Cat (Catriona Brooke) wages a spirited campaign against their efforts to regain custody.
Published March 10th 1996 by Clarion Books (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Granny the Pag, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Granny the Pag

Charles
I have decided to read this book again partly because of a distinct sense of nostalgia being aroused in me when I saw the book lying about in my room next to some other almost forgotten books, having had to study 'Granny the Pag' for Form 2 (Saint Aloysius College Malta).

First of all, to her credit Bawden did introduce a new word to the English dictionary (or at least they should include it in my opinion). When Catriona (or Cat as she likes to be called) was still very young and was not at all u
Beth
I loved The Peppermint Pig and Carrie's War so decided to give this a try. It was okay i suppose but very dated and i was a little bit bored so tried to read it as quick as possible just to get it finished. It was a bit dis-jointed and her parents were just so stupidly over the top and annoying. The only characters i liked a little bit were Tom and Beth who lived next door to Pag. Not the most interesting or compelling book i have ever read and not a patch on The Peppermint Pig.
I definitely woul
Alexis Collins
I feel strongly that I doubt I would make this book a read in my class, unless children wanted to. I just think it may open up options for students, who have a troubled home with their parents, the potential idea that they can go I’ve with someone else. I understand if their home was dangerous, but Cat’s parents were nothing more than eccentric and were not what she was used to.
Debbie Hoskins
I want to be Granny. I flunked the safety motorcycle course a couple of years ago, so it's going to take me awhile to actually learn to ride a motorcycle and then the little issue of being able to afford one.
I love Trina Schart Hyman's cover drawing - true work of art. The story was good, too. Nice relationship between the Granny and the granddaughter.
Catherine  Mustread
Grades 5+. Originally abandoned by her actor parents who later attempt to gain custody, Cat wages a spirited campaign to decide her own fate and remain with her grandmother.
Olivia
I don't remember much about this book, but I remember liking it and the characters. I want to grow up and be Granny the Pag.
Sofi
really good and shocking
Dallas
Dallas marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Theodora
Theodora marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Yasmin Foster
Yasmin Foster marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Phon
Phon marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Keciha
Keciha marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Ruth Johnstone
Ruth Johnstone marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Lea Williams
Lea Williams marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Nina Bawden was a popular British novelist and children's writer. Her mother was a teacher and her father a marine.

When World War II broke out she spent the school holidays at a farm in Shropshire along with her mother and her brothers, but lived in Aberdare, Wales, during term time.
Bawden attended Somerville College, Oxford, where she gained a degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.

Her nove
More about Nina Bawden...
Carrie's War The Peppermint Pig The Witch's Daughter The Birds on the Trees The Outside Child