Start by marking “The Adventures of Nicholas” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Nicholas

The Adventures of Nicholas

This is a story you might tell if you wanted to combine all the things you love about Christmas.
Published November 29th 2004 by Not Avail (first published January 1st 1966)

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Nicholas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Nicholas

Juergen John Roscher
I try to read several Christmas books each yuletide season and ‘The Adventures of Nicholas’ I bought several years ago but never read it. After recently reading the subtitle of this children’s book, ‘The Wonderful Life and Complete Account of That Famous Toymaker and Children’s Friend, Nicholas Better Known as Santa Claus’, I decided to read the it since I like Christmas stories that try to define the origins of Santa Claus and different Christmas traditions.

This is a children’s book that chroni
Emma
Dec 24, 2014 Emma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My mom found this book several years ago and gave it to me. She got it at a book fair (I was obsessed with those in elementary school) and used to read it every year, so I started doing that too.
It's a cute story combining all the common Christmas traditions and theories about Santa. He has reindeer, a sleigh and even a red suit lined with rabbit fur. He goes down the chimney of an old miser, who thinks he's trying to steal his gold. He even sets up the first Christmas trees for stranded gypsie
Stacy
May 06, 2015 Stacy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brian
Dec 25, 2011 Brian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book aloud to my wife and Baby A. This was a fun book to read about the legend of Nicholas, the first stocking, the first Christmas tree, etc. I look forward to read this book again when my son or daughter is a little tot!
Rusty
Dec 03, 2010 Rusty rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
My children truly enjoyed this little book. When they were very young, tt was a favorite to read at holiday time.
Megan [I'm okay, I'm alright]
Dec 24, 2010 Megan [I'm okay, I'm alright] rated it really liked it
I read this book at Christmas time every year, and have since I was a kid. It's a really enjoyable, sweet book. :)
Karen  McKenna
This book is such a wonderful story of the meaning of gifting. It is one I plan to read to my grandchildren or my surrogate grandchildren!
Jessika
A quaint little book that describes how many of our myths and traditions surrounding Santa came to be. Children would probably get enjoyment out of this, but it was just an okay read for me.
Sharlene
Sharlene rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Therese Garbett
Therese Garbett rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Becky
Jan 06, 2010 Becky rated it really liked it
I'm reading this to the kids as well. It tells of how Santa Clause came to be etc.
A
A rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Bitsy
1966
Corby
Corby rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2013
Jinjifore
Jinjifore rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
Tara
Tara rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2011
Ralph
Ralph rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2012
The
The rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2015
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2014
Elizabeth Rynecki
Elizabeth Rynecki rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2015
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Carrie Rife
Carrie Rife rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Rebecca Spencer
Rebecca Spencer rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Wylie
Wylie rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2008
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Nick Bell
Nick Bell rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2015
Ebenezer O'Sifunimungu
Ebenezer O'Sifunimungu rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2013
rebecca j
rebecca j rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2009