Just One Bite (Dead End Dating, #4)

Just One Bite (Dead End Dating #4)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  1,045 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Thanks to a dating reality show, 'Manhattan's Most Wanted', vampire matchmaker Lil Marchette has become something of a celebrity. She soon finds herself not just fighting for love, but struggling mightily to stay undead herself.
Published July 29th 2008 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Just One Bite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One Bite

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostUndead and Unwed by MaryJanice DavidsonOne Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene FrostFirst Grave on the Right by Darynda JonesDestined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Best Funny Paranormal Romances
306th out of 497 books — 975 voters
A Desirable Residence by Madeleine WickhamReal Men Will by Victoria DahlRescue Me by Rachel GibsonWhat's a Ghoul to Do? by Victoria LaurieOwlflight by Mercedes Lackey
Purchased June 2012
32nd out of 49 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Ruth Violet
the first story was :Viva las vampires-Jennifer ashley. it was an excellent vampire/romance story. from the very first page i was enthralled. all of the characters were well written/ Meredith and Stephan what a couple. i think i have read her stories before. but WOW definitely loved this one. she described 2 different breed of vampires: the living dead and the the dead vampires. and how they were different. that was really cool.
the 2nd story:Bring out your dead-Katie Macalister. i really love al...more
Elizabeth
THE STAKES HAVE NEVER BEEN HIGHER.

Lil Marchette, vampire extraordinaire and owner of Manhattan’s hottest hook-up service, is an expert at matching up the lonely and desperate (and sometimes dead). And thanks to the popular local reality dating show Manhattan’s Most Wanted, Lil has plenty of fresh blood to add to the mix–including the biggest, baddest vampire in the Big Apple.

Vinnie Balducci, Brooklyn representative for the Snipers of Otherworldly Beings, is making Lil an offer she can’t refuse:...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
If you enjoy your paranormal romance/chicklit with a hefty dose of sarcasm and satire, you should pick up a copy of "Just One Bite" by Kimberly Raye. This is the 4th book in her 'Dead End Dating' series and I think the best one yet. Each novel has a mystery to solve and tells us a bit more about the heroine Lil, who is pretty much a caricature of the hip New Yorker who drops more fashion names than Joan Rivers.

Lil is a Born vamp from a wealthy vamp family who has broken away from the family busi...more
 ♥ Rainy Day Reader ♥
This review is for books 1-5 of the DED series. I am just reviewing them now because I litterally could not stop reading. These books were hilarious! I read a lot at night and I had to get up several times and go into another room because I was laughing so hard I thought that I might wake up my husband. If you like Katie MacAlister and Molly Harper you will love this series. I really don't have any complaints other than I'm not into name brand clothes and stuff so I either skipped over the parts...more
Amanda
I did not like this book as much as the other ones in this series. Lil is best when she is grappling with hunky Ty and he was mostly a no show for the entire book (with the exception of her hot rescue at the end and their fabulously steamy reconnection...but then he's off again, typical) At this point Lil would be better matched to try Remy and see where it leads since Ty is always loving her and then leaving her. I was not that into the whole assistant being possessed and Vinnie storyline (I ke...more
Michelle Touceda
Decent paranormal love story filled with tons of modern day issues standing in the way of happiness... as always.
Darcy
Lil's usual crazy antics ensue in this book. Evie her assistant is dragged in more than normal, but she isn't aware. I liked watching Lil do whatever she could to see to it that Evie would come out ok. Loved Vinnie and his do this or die statement. Watching him come to the realization that what his mother wanted for him and what he wanted for himself were 2 very different things. So funny to watch him turn into a pansy. I know guys like this (minus the body parts in the trunk) and would love to...more
Ana
Cmkage
I really enjoyed this book, although I think the previous one in the series was slightly better. The best scenes are always the ones with Ty, and there were only a few of those in 'Just One Bite'. Still, Lil is as over-the-top and ridiculous as ever. Obviously, these books shouldn't be taken too seriously… actually, they shouldn't be taken serious at all. But they are great, mindless fun. A quick read and entertaining. Sex and the City meets Dracula. Definitely a good enough excuse to procrastin...more
Anna
It was funny, action packed, adding more hot men to drool over and also sexual tension... It was a fun book to read i feel bad for Evie but in the end everything worked out fine! Just how it should be and Ty well he Ty... Now i nee to get the 5th book so I can finish the series!
Jeannie Lopez
These are just great !!!
Andrea
Once again, another fun read by Kimberly Raye. I love that she uses funny things that are relevant to the time: "I hadn't seen or talked to him in a month. No phone calls. No e-mails. No text messages. Not even a measly comment on Myspace or Facebook." The next book in the series, Sucker For Love, comes out in June. I can't wait!
Sbuchler
Jul 09, 2009 Sbuchler rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sbuchler by: Madeline
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Cute, but not quite as cute as _Your Coffin or Mine?_ (which is the first I read of the series). It had a real action-adventure pair of sub-plots and the heroine is as smart-ass as ever, but somehow it came off as less funny. I'm not sure why.
colleen
This is an entertaining, lighthearted vampire series. I'm looking forward to the next one. (To my UPS deliveryperson: It was worth you having to walk through several inches of water in my flooded yard to deliver this this afternoon. Thanks!)
Erin
Ok, I'm having way too much fun with this series, aren't I? Four is as good as the other's, though. Super fun! Oh, and did I mention there's always one REALLY good sex scene? :)
Deborah Alexandra
A fun read, as always. I realized as I started that I had already read this one. But, I didn't mind in the least and enjoyed re-reading it. Now on to the next one!
Lori Whitwam
Bumped this one up to a 4. Is the series getting better, or am I getting used to it? Anyway, I thought this one was the best so far, and hence the 4.
Shawn Koca
Always looking for that next sequel and I adore this series! It was a fantastic read and I am ready for the next one but that isn't until May 2009 [pout]
Sabrina
schlechtester teil der serie, witze die sich wiederholen, probleme die keine mehr sind, eine lahme handlung. deutlich schwächer als die vorgänger
Kaye
I am loving this series. I only have one more to go though. Kind of sad! Has anyone heard if the 6th one is going to be published?
Marie
A very entertaining book, but not quite as good as the last couple. I still recommend it and look forward to the next book!
LoriAnn Kocialski
Good Vamp book ... not one of my favorites, but I will give her other books a try!
Melissa Wehunt
Just One Bite (Dead End Dating, Book 4) by Kimberly Raye (2008)
stella yip
i don't know about this book. the whole storyline confused me.
Shicake
I think this is my fav. so far.
Raina
If Bridget Jones was a vampire.....
Marci
Super fun lig
  • Because Your Vampire Said So (Broken Heart, #3)
  • Bled Dry (Vegas Vampires, #3)
  • Real Vampires Get Lucky (Glory St. Clair, #3)
  • Lady & the Vamp (Immortality Bites, #3)
  • Fangs But No Fangs (Young Brothers, #2)
  • Sex & the Immortal Bad Boy (Immortally Sexy, #4)
  • In the Company of Vampires (Dark Ones, #8)
  • Romancing the Dead (Garnet Lacey, #3)
  • Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5)
  • The Accidental Human (Accidentals, #3)
I've always been an incurable romantic. While I enjoy reading all types of fiction, my favorites, the books that touch my soul, are romance novels. From sexy to thrilling, sweet to humorous, I like them all. But what I really love is writing romance--the hotter the better!

I started my first novel back in high school and have been writing ever since. To date, I've published over thirty novels, one...more
More about Kimberly Raye...
Dead End Dating (Dead End Dating, #1) Dead and Dateless (Dead End Dating, #2) Your Coffin or Mine? (Dead End Dating, #3) Sucker for Love (Dead End Dating, #5) Dead Sexy (Harlequin Blaze #358)