Start by marking “Eternity Row (Stardoc, #5)” as Want to Read:
Eternity Row (Stardoc, #5)

Eternity Row (Stardoc #5)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  784 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Cherijo and her husband have found safety aboard the star vessel Sunlace. But they have promises to keep-promises that will endanger everything she ever fought for-including her solemn oath to protect life.
Published September 3rd 2002 by Roc (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Eternity Row, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternity Row

Mary JL
Sep 29, 2010 Mary JL rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Science Fiction fans
Recommended to Mary JL by: I am following this series
Shelves: main-sf-fantasy
This is the fifth book in the Stardoc series and I have read all of them in order.

They are character driven--if you do not like the main character, Dr. Cherrijo Torin--stop read after book one. She is very central to the action in this novel and others.

I do enjoy the series, myself. There are a lot of intersting alines; some real challenges for Dr. Cherrijo and her family and friends. She does run into two very intersting cultures--each with an unusual medical problem in this novel.

There are lig
Brandi Larsen
Mar 23, 2014 Brandi Larsen added it
Shelves: 2014
These books are addicting. I absolutely loved it and couldn't put it down, as was the case for the precious four books. I loved the worlds and the characters, especially Cherijo.

She may be new favorite fictional doctor. (And I love Who, House, and Doolittle.)

I work at Penguin though that didn't influence my comments.
If you've read the rest of the serie, third and fourth books are the ones to be looking forward to.
Fifth book is ok, but it's trying to set up for more, following books.
While the idea is nice and fun, I think it's been extended a little bit too far and will stop reading here.
Carolyn F.
For some stupid reason, I keep thinking this series is going to go downhill and it hasn't. I'm on book #5 and it's still great. Cherijo is on the Jorenian ship with her husband and daughter, who I think has super abilities but I'm not for certain. She and Duncan are working through their marriage expectations but everything's on a much grander scale, not leaving the toilet seat up or picking up his socks, but her jumping off a shuttle without thinking about him and their daughter and her being f ...more
Emily Leathers
These just get trashier and trashier as the series goes on. Why do I keep reading? I don't know - they just haven't reached my limit of 'wow, I can't stand this'. I think that speaks really poorly for all the books I *have* discarded for poor writing, story, etc. S.L. Veihl isn't actually a particularly bad writer - she just needs to get over the Fanfic plotlines.

It's been clear since the first couple of pages that they're going to make the daughter be able to teleport. This is a little disappoi
Nathan Burgoine
The latest (5th) instalment in the "Stardoc" series. As always, Cherijo Grey Veil is thrust into a nearly impossible situation, and this time, it's the spirit of her god-mother (alien?) that's leading her on the chase.

Though I still can't hop aboard the "I Love Duncan" wagon (he's a really frustrating character for me; he has a nearly pathological inability to express any sort of normal emotional reaction - and he's Cherijo's husband, so you spend a lot of time with him), the story itself is, a
It was ok.
Not as good as the others.
Jumping into the next book.
Red Haircrow
I kept trying to like and read Viehl further books in the Stardoc series. This one I completely didn't like, not that the story wasn't a good attempt at sci-fi, but...constantly being forced to read the heroine's minor child's very broken and strangely spelled words totally put me off. It was a struggle even when skipping past those annoying parts.
Better then the previous couple of books, more medical, less creepy stuff. I enjoyed a lot of the interactions, and finding out more things about the characters. A bit irritating with the child's speak, and them not paying more attention to what the kid could do, but enjoying the other relationships and everyone working together.
Warren Watts
Book five of an ever expanding series of pulp science fiction space opera.

If you want deep philosophical concepts that make you think, look elsewhere. If you want a fairly well written space opera with well developed characters and lots of action, you have come to the right place.

And another great book in the Stardoc series. I really enjoyed riding along with Cherijo as she discovered more about herself and her origins. I am glad that I was able to read this book immediately after the previous one. Looking forward to much more in this series.
I love the idea of this series and have re-read these books multiple times. I cannot believe that these books don't have a higher rating on them!! Such a great read and wonderful world building!
Love. Travel. Aliens. Trials and tribulations. A few revelations. More mysteries. And a cute kid ans lots of cats.

I like the medical stuff, it's used well as a reality-based sci-fi element.
The big reveal was a little on the boring side, but some excellent new complications and characters were added to keep the old story telling engine chugging along.
So I started this book and am completely confused. Did I get lost somewhere in between the last book and this one? Grr.
I love this series, lots of different aliens and medical puzzles, and an occasional battle.
At this point, you either love the series or can't stand to not finish it.
Erotic Horizon
Eternity Row:: A Stardoc Novel (Stardoc) by S. L. Viehl (2002)
It's okay. A fun space opera. Nothing I'd keep.
Tink added it
Nov 14, 2015
Brittney marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Aric Cowett
Aric Cowett marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Holly Ducharme
Holly Ducharme is currently reading it
Nov 01, 2015
  • To Trade the Stars (Trade Pact Universe, #3)
  • A Confederation of Valor (Confederation, #1-2)
  • Code of Conduct (Jani Kilian Chronicles, #1)
  • Vigilante (Major Ariane Kedros, #2)
  • Pretender (Foreigner, #8)
  • Tainted Trail (Ukiah Oregon, #2)
  • Schism (Saga of the Skolian Empire, #10; The Triad, #1)
  • Hope's Folly (Dock Five Universe, #3)
  • Partners In Necessity (Liaden Universe, #8-10)
  • Fortune's Wheel (Sholan Alliance, #2)

Stardoc (10 books)
  • Stardoc (Stardoc, #1)
  • Beyond Varallan (Stardoc, #2)
  • Endurance (Stardoc, #3)
  • Shockball (Stardoc, #4)
  • Rebel Ice (Stardoc, #6)
  • Plague of Memory (Stardoc, #7)
  • Omega Games (Stardoc, #8)
  • Crystal Healer (Stardoc, #9)
  • Dream Called Time (Stardoc, #10)