Start by marking “Eternity Row (Stardoc, #5)” as Want to Read:
Eternity Row (Stardoc, #5)

Eternity Row (Stardoc #5)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  842 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Cherijo and her husband have found safety aboard the star vessel Sunlace. But they have promises to keep-promises that will endanger everything she ever fought for-including her solemn oath to protect life.
Published September 3rd 2002 by Roc (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Eternity Row, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternity Row

Mary JL
Sep 29, 2010 Mary JL rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Science Fiction fans
Recommended to Mary JL by: I am following this series
Shelves: main-sf-fantasy
This is the fifth book in the Stardoc series and I have read all of them in order.

They are character driven--if you do not like the main character, Dr. Cherrijo Torin--stop read after book one. She is very central to the action in this novel and others.

I do enjoy the series, myself. There are a lot of intersting alines; some real challenges for Dr. Cherrijo and her family and friends. She does run into two very intersting cultures--each with an unusual medical problem in this novel.

There are lig
Brandi Larsen
Mar 23, 2014 Brandi Larsen added it
Shelves: 2014
These books are addicting. I absolutely loved it and couldn't put it down, as was the case for the precious four books. I loved the worlds and the characters, especially Cherijo.

She may be new favorite fictional doctor. (And I love Who, House, and Doolittle.)

I work at Penguin though that didn't influence my comments.
mirba
Oct 20, 2014 mirba rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
If you've read the rest of the serie, third and fourth books are the ones to be looking forward to.
Fifth book is ok, but it's trying to set up for more, following books.
While the idea is nice and fun, I think it's been extended a little bit too far and will stop reading here.
Carolyn F.
Aug 15, 2011 Carolyn F. rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book, sci-fi
For some stupid reason, I keep thinking this series is going to go downhill and it hasn't. I'm on book #5 and it's still great. Cherijo is on the Jorenian ship with her husband and daughter, who I think has super abilities but I'm not for certain. She and Duncan are working through their marriage expectations but everything's on a much grander scale, not leaving the toilet seat up or picking up his socks, but her jumping off a shuttle without thinking about him and their daughter and her being f ...more
Emily Leathers
May 11, 2011 Emily Leathers rated it liked it
These just get trashier and trashier as the series goes on. Why do I keep reading? I don't know - they just haven't reached my limit of 'wow, I can't stand this'. I think that speaks really poorly for all the books I *have* discarded for poor writing, story, etc. S.L. Veihl isn't actually a particularly bad writer - she just needs to get over the Fanfic plotlines.

It's been clear since the first couple of pages that they're going to make the daughter be able to teleport. This is a little disappoi
Nathan Burgoine
May 26, 2015 Nathan Burgoine rated it liked it
The latest (5th) instalment in the "Stardoc" series. As always, Cherijo Grey Veil is thrust into a nearly impossible situation, and this time, it's the spirit of her god-mother (alien?) that's leading her on the chase.

Though I still can't hop aboard the "I Love Duncan" wagon (he's a really frustrating character for me; he has a nearly pathological inability to express any sort of normal emotional reaction - and he's Cherijo's husband, so you spend a lot of time with him), the story itself is, a
Skittles
Feb 20, 2014 Skittles rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite
It was ok.
Not as good as the others.
Jumping into the next book.
B.E.
Jul 11, 2016 B.E. rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. There's a lot going on in this one, but the author does a most excellent job of pulling it all together - while still leaving a few tantalizing bits for the next book. As always, love Cherijo. I've forgiven Reever for being a toad earlier in the series. Marel is an interesting character, even if I did have some trouble translating her dialogue. I can't wait to see what happens to these three in the next book.
Red Haircrow
Sep 30, 2010 Red Haircrow rated it did not like it
I kept trying to like and read Viehl further books in the Stardoc series. This one I completely didn't like, not that the story wasn't a good attempt at sci-fi, but...constantly being forced to read the heroine's minor child's very broken and strangely spelled words totally put me off. It was a struggle even when skipping past those annoying parts.
Kendra
Better then the previous couple of books, more medical, less creepy stuff. I enjoyed a lot of the interactions, and finding out more things about the characters. A bit irritating with the child's speak, and them not paying more attention to what the kid could do, but enjoying the other relationships and everyone working together.
Warren Watts
Book five of an ever expanding series of pulp science fiction space opera.

If you want deep philosophical concepts that make you think, look elsewhere. If you want a fairly well written space opera with well developed characters and lots of action, you have come to the right place.

Wendy
Sep 12, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it
And another great book in the Stardoc series. I really enjoyed riding along with Cherijo as she discovered more about herself and her origins. I am glad that I was able to read this book immediately after the previous one. Looking forward to much more in this series.
Fangtasia
Well wow! A lot happened, wars/conflict, mama-drama, kittens, postal-bride, Hawks fanatic home world, Dhreen's drug using home word, Maggie's tale, the cure, Bartermen/slavery, and relationships drama between Cherijo and Reever!!! A lot really!! :)
Rebekah
Dec 07, 2015 Rebekah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-challenge
I love the idea of this series and have re-read these books multiple times. I cannot believe that these books don't have a higher rating on them!! Such a great read and wonderful world building!
Cathy
Love. Travel. Aliens. Trials and tribulations. A few revelations. More mysteries. And a cute kid ans lots of cats.

I like the medical stuff, it's used well as a reality-based sci-fi element.
Valerie
Jul 25, 2009 Valerie rated it liked it
Shelves: space-opera
The big reveal was a little on the boring side, but some excellent new complications and characters were added to keep the old story telling engine chugging along.
Andrea
Jun 10, 2011 Andrea rated it liked it
So I started this book and am completely confused. Did I get lost somewhere in between the last book and this one? Grr.
Tasula
Jun 15, 2012 Tasula rated it really liked it
I love this series, lots of different aliens and medical puzzles, and an occasional battle.
Lesli
Jul 14, 2010 Lesli rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2004
At this point, you either love the series or can't stand to not finish it.
Erotic Horizon
Eternity Row:: A Stardoc Novel (Stardoc) by S. L. Viehl (2002)
Katrina
Jul 08, 2015 Katrina rated it liked it
It's okay. A fun space opera. Nothing I'd keep.
Megan burling
Apr 20, 2011 Megan burling rated it liked it
its ok...
Pioden
StarDoc #5
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Kathrynn Polfer
Kathrynn Polfer marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Meredith Foster
Meredith Foster rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Loretta
Loretta marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
  • To Trade the Stars (Trade Pact Universe, #3)
  • Vigilante (Major Ariane Kedros, #2)
  • A Confederation of Valor (Confederation, #1-2)
  • Code of Conduct (Jani Kilian Chronicles, #1)
  • Destroyer (Foreigner, #7)
  • Hope's Folly (Dock Five Universe, #3)
  • Ascendant Sun (Saga of the Skolian Empire, #5)
  • Partners In Necessity (Liaden Universe, #8-10)

Stardoc (10 books)
  • Stardoc (Stardoc, #1)
  • Beyond Varallan (Stardoc, #2)
  • Endurance (Stardoc, #3)
  • Shockball (Stardoc, #4)
  • Rebel Ice (Stardoc, #6)
  • Plague of Memory (Stardoc, #7)
  • Omega Games (Stardoc, #8)
  • Crystal Healer (Stardoc, #9)
  • Dream Called Time (Stardoc, #10)